Banning Bannon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 11:49 AM
RE: Banning Bannon
Oh - just googled it - Barry is gay.
Hadn't realized that was a secret but ok, I guess it is "official".
I'm glad & hope he at least is relieved of any anxiety he had about it.
His husband is cute. He reminds me of Mike Myers with glasses. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-04-2017, 11:54 AM
When was the last time anything Barry Manilow has done been relevant anyway?
05-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Consider

I won't believe it until I see an update from Moms in the Ban Log.

No

(05-04-2017 11:27 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  "... more traditional voice on security policy..."

If by more traditional it means pro-war ... I'm not actually sure this is a good thing.

Bannon was alleged to be a non-interventionist ... in the "not our fucking problem" sense.

So now it's more likely that the US will go to war for humanitarian/peace-keeping ends (e.g. Bosnia), but also more likely to go to war for oil-keeping ends.

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-04-2017, 11:59 AM
(05-04-2017 11:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Consider

I won't believe it until I see an update from Moms in the Ban Log.

No

(05-04-2017 11:27 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  "... more traditional voice on security policy..."

If by more traditional it means pro-war ... I'm not actually sure this is a good thing.

Bannon was alleged to be a non-interventionist ... in the "not our fucking problem" sense.

So now it's more likely that the US will go to war for humanitarian/peace-keeping ends (e.g. Bosnia), but also more likely to go to war for oil-keeping ends.

Dodgy

Yes - I think Bannon wasn't gonna tow that bottom line. And our current POTUS is all about bottom line profiteering.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Well, Bannon is still in the white house whispering in the golden boy's ear. He just isn't on the security council anymore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
05-04-2017, 12:22 PM
(05-04-2017 12:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, Bannon is still in the white house whispering in the golden boy's ear. He just isn't on the security council anymore.

Ah - so it is just business. Figures. Dodgy

05-04-2017, 12:32 PM
(05-04-2017 12:22 PM)kim Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 12:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, Bannon is still in the white house whispering in the golden boy's ear. He just isn't on the security council anymore.

Ah - so it is just business. Figures. Dodgy

I am seeing reports that Rick Perry has joined the National Security too. So there is that.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
05-04-2017, 12:36 PM
(05-04-2017 12:32 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 12:22 PM)kim Wrote:  Ah - so it is just business. Figures. Dodgy

I am seeing reports that Rick Perry has joined the National Security too. So there is that.

Tricky Ricky is allabout the bottom line. That Fucker would sell his grandma at her own garage sale of he thought he could make a buck off her. Shy

05-04-2017, 12:46 PM
(05-04-2017 11:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Dodgy

So far nothing I have read about the man says “pro-war” or hawkish if you will. Apparently he is well versed in using non-military tactics to resolve conflicts. Time will tell. But to say Bannon might have been a better choice for the NSC is nonsense imo.

"Early in the Iraq war, as the invasion drifted into occupation and spawned an insurgency, McMaster was chief adviser to Gen. John Abizaid, head of U.S. Central Command. In that capacity, he compiled—and read—an enormous library of books and articles, many of them long out-of-print, about counterinsurgency warfare. In 2005, McMaster took command of an Army regiment whose 5,200 soldiers were ordered to liberate Tal Afar, a city of a quarter million people that had been taken over by insurgents. Applying the lessons of his books, which emphasized not only combat tactics but also economic development and partnerships with local political leaders, McMaster won the battle and stabilized the city.

Among his traits as a commander that have particular pertinence now was that he ordered his soldiers to treat detainees humanely and not to use derogatory language toward Muslims.”

They say he is extremely well read and speaks truth to power.

"In his language, General McMaster is closer to the positions of former Presidents Barack Obama and George W. Bush. Both took pains to separate acts of terrorism from Islamic teaching, in part because they argued that the United States needed the help of Muslim allies to hunt down terrorists.”

"McMaster himself warned against using the military only as a political or diplomatic tool in his 1997 book "Dereliction of Duty," according to the Washington Free Beacon. The book was based off his Ph.D. dissertation analyzing the Johnson administration’s failures in the Vietnam War and toxic relationships among the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the time."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
05-04-2017, 01:11 PM
This administration is fucking weird. It reminds me so much of corporate world - it's predictable in it's unpredictability. I almost don't need to see the news to know something is about to happen.

If I look into it at all, I do prefer to look to a news source at least a bit further out than homegrown. It feels somewhat more objective though, I don't think there really is anyone who doesn't have a horse in this fucked up phony show. Dodgy

More info from the BBC.