Banning Bannon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Banning Bannon
(05-04-2017 11:49 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh - just googled it - Barry is gay.
Hadn't realized that was a secret but ok, I guess it is "official".
I'm glad & hope he at least is relieved of any anxiety he had about it.
His husband is cute. He reminds me of Mike Myers with glasses. Shy

He's been with the guy for 40 years. Yes, I always figured he was gay, but I also understood why he'd kept that part of his life private one way or another. I'm thrilled though that he's happy and feels comfortable sharing this.

(05-04-2017 11:54 AM)pablo Wrote:  When was the last time anything Barry Manilow has done been relevant anyway?

Can I say that I love him? It's like a guilty pleasure. Blush My friend saw him in concert in Vegas and loved the show (she wasn't thrilled about seeing it either -- she wanted to see Penn and Teller but it was sold out) absolutely raved how great it was.

When we went to Vegas I asked my man if we could please please please see his show. I think the man was somewhat relieved the show was dark. Unsure Instead we saw the Rat Pack show...and the guy who played Sammy Davis Jr, kissed my cheek. Big Grin I was quite tipsy (I think the ghost of Dean Martin added extra tequila to my drink).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Only on TTA can we go from talking about removing Steve Bannon for the National Security Council to Barry Manilow and his boyfriend. [Image: cKf4cE0.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
05-04-2017, 01:40 PM
(05-04-2017 01:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Only on TTA can we go from talking about removing Steve Bannon for the National Security Council to Barry Manilow and his boyfriend. [Image: cKf4cE0.gif?zoom=2]

Husband, not boyfriend. Dodgy

It's in the OP!

Clearly both topics are allowed. Tongue

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-04-2017, 01:40 PM
I love anyone who is a musician for a love of music and can convey it well. And Barry was and I assume still is, all about the music. He is very sincere about it. This is why he is successful. That, and being a hard-working musical genius since around the age of four. Shy

I haven't bought a record of his since high school, but he always included at least one jazz number on his albums and shamelessly paid tribute his different musical influences. He has always done all of the orchestrations and arrangements for himself and for many others as well. I don't know anything about his stage shows but, I do know he cut his teeth as Bette Midler's musical conductor. Ms M don't work with just anybody. Wink

Nah - Barry is the man. I'm glad he gets to be more comfortable with himself and his fans. He should have known he could trust us. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
05-04-2017, 01:43 PM
(05-04-2017 01:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 11:49 AM)kim Wrote:  Oh - just googled it - Barry is gay.
Hadn't realized that was a secret but ok, I guess it is "official".
I'm glad & hope he at least is relieved of any anxiety he had about it.
His husband is cute. He reminds me of Mike Myers with glasses. Shy

He's been with the guy for 40 years. Yes, I always figured he was gay, but I also understood why he'd kept that part of his life private one way or another. I'm thrilled though that he's happy and feels comfortable sharing this.

(05-04-2017 11:54 AM)pablo Wrote:  When was the last time anything Barry Manilow has done been relevant anyway?

Can I say that I love him? It's like a guilty pleasure. Blush My friend saw him in concert in Vegas and loved the show (she wasn't thrilled about seeing it either -- she wanted to see Penn and Teller but it was sold out) absolutely raved how great it was.

When we went to Vegas I asked my man if we could please please please see his show. I think the man was somewhat relieved the show was dark. Unsure Instead we saw the Rat Pack show...and the guy who played Sammy Davis Jr, kissed my cheek. Big Grin I was quite tipsy (I think the ghost of Dean Martin added extra tequila to my drink).

Too bad Barry couldn't find a decent plastic surgeon. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-04-2017, 01:57 PM
(05-04-2017 01:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, I always figured he was gay, but I also understood why he'd kept that part of his life private one way or another. I'm thrilled though that he's happy and feels comfortable sharing this.

It must be such a weird experience to be privately gay for most of your life, then one day a billion people worldwide know you're gay.

Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
05-04-2017, 02:41 PM
So there are reports that this move was due to Trump's ego being bruised by all the "President Bannon" memes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-04-2017, 03:10 PM
(05-04-2017 01:57 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 01:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, I always figured he was gay, but I also understood why he'd kept that part of his life private one way or another. I'm thrilled though that he's happy and feels comfortable sharing this.

It must be such a weird experience to be privately gay for most of your life, then one day a billion people worldwide know you're gay.

Undecided

He could have fairly easily come out in the 70s - especially since most people & fans who knew him then, were aware he played the gay bathhouses. No one really batted much of an eye. At that time, homosexuality or any sexuality was considered an exotic - a thing to be exlored.

It all kind of came to a screeching halt with the Reagan administration's push to conformity. At the same time, the rise of AIDS really screwed a lot of people out of coming into the public eye as themselves.

The already repressed were left to further repress themselves as the sexual revolution was effectively beat down with an ugly stick. It's good to see healthy sexuality regaining a foothold and coming back into fashion again. It's such a relief to see today's young people consciously accept a more fluid sexuality.

The young'uns may not got all the smarts just yet, but when it comes to love, they're not afraid to see it for what it is. The future looks hopeful. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
05-04-2017, 03:18 PM
(05-04-2017 02:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So there are reports that this move was due to Trump's ego being bruised by all the "President Bannon" memes.

I wondered about that..he's so easily trolled.

05-04-2017, 03:19 PM
(05-04-2017 02:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So there are reports that this move was due to Trump's ego being bruised by all the "President Bannon" memes.

I am sure the golden boy doesn't like that at all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man