Banning Bannon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: Banning Bannon
I'm shocked to learn that Barry Manilow was "in". Seriously, worst kept "secret" ever.

Bye-bye Bananon. You were not intelligently designed.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-04-2017, 04:11 PM
(05-04-2017 03:10 PM)kim Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 01:57 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  It must be such a weird experience to be privately gay for most of your life, then one day a billion people worldwide know you're gay.

Undecided

He could have fairly easily come out in the 70s - especially since most people & fans who knew him then, were aware he played the gay bathhouses. No one really batted much of an eye. At that time, homosexuality or any sexuality was considered an exotic - a thing to be exlored.

It all kind of came to a screeching halt with the Reagan administration's push to conformity. At the same time, the rise of AIDS really screwed a lot of people out of coming into the public eye as themselves.

The already repressed were left to further repress themselves as the sexual revolution was effectively beat down with an ugly stick. It's good to see healthy sexuality regaining a foothold and coming back into fashion again. It's such a relief to see today's young people consciously accept a more fluid sexuality.

The young'uns may not got all the smarts just yet, but when it comes to love, they're not afraid to see it for what it is. The future looks hopeful. Shy

Sadcryface
That was beautiful.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
05-04-2017, 04:13 PM
(05-04-2017 11:46 AM)pablo Wrote:  This could all just simply be a Trump ego trip because he didn't like people claiming Bannon was calling the shots from behind the scenes.

Seriously?! Shocking
05-04-2017, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 04:59 PM by Vera.)
Some of my favourite tweets:

Congratulations to Steve Bannon on graduating from NSC in record time. Take a gap year, buddy. Take four.

Steve Bannon wasn't removed, he was alt-promoted.

Removing Steve Bannon and replacing him with Rick Perry is like shooting yourself in the other foot because one is already injured.

Today Barry Manilow announced his marriage to Steve Bannon, and celebrated by handing a Pepsi to Assad. Did I get that right.

BREAKING: Steve Bannon to be replaced by something with equal morals, possibly a hedge filled with spiders or a racist hen

Steve #Bannon riding back to Breibart...
[Image: giphy.gif]

To be continued...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Vera's post
05-04-2017, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 05:15 PM by Vera.)
Something went terribly wrong and TTA just ate half my post. DeepThought, WTF? Huh
There's a famous Italian musician who could only "come out" after his death. Made me nearly as sad as the fact that he had died. Sadcryface

This is my New Year's Eve song Blush

Dear friend, I’m writing you so that I’ll distract myself a bit
and since you are very far away, I’ll write to you louder.
From the time you left, there’s a big novelty:
the old year is over by now
but something here still isn’t right.

We rarely go out at evening, including days off
and there are people who put sandbags near their windows,
and we spend whole weeks without talking,
and those who have nothing to say
still have some time left.

But the television said that the new year
will bring a transformation
and we are all waiting already:
it will be Christmas three times a year and holiday all day long,
every Christ will get off of the cross,
birds will come back too.

There will be food and light all year long,
dumb people will be able to talk too,
while deaf people already can.

And we’ll make love, everyone as they like,

priests will be allowed to get married too,
but only at a certain age,
and without too much trouble someone will disappear,
maybe they will be the people who are too sly,
and idiots of any age.

You see, dear friend, what I’m writing and telling you
and how glad I am
to be here in this moment,
you see, see, see, see,
see, dear friend, what we have to make up
to be able to laugh it off,
to keep hoping.

And if this year would pass in an instant then,
you see, my friend,
how important it becomes
for me to be here too, in this moment.

The year that’s coming will be over in a year,
I’m preparing myself: this is the news

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm hoping that Bannon gets upset enough to turn on puppet.

Poetic justice if fake news and Breitbart take down the Liar in Chief.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
06-04-2017, 02:35 PM
(05-04-2017 01:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Only on TTA can we go from talking about removing Steve Bannon for the National Security Council to Barry Manilow and his boyfriend. [Image: cKf4cE0.gif?zoom=2]
Yeah, it really seems a bit bizzare to even be talking about Barry's sexuality.
On TTA, most of us are accepting of people's sexuality as being their own private business (neither right nor wrong) just a simple private aspect of them.

So what if the guy is gay, do we even need to be talking about it?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
06-04-2017, 03:28 PM
(06-04-2017 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 01:32 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Only on TTA can we go from talking about removing Steve Bannon for the National Security Council to Barry Manilow and his boyfriend. [Image: cKf4cE0.gif?zoom=2]
On TTA, most of us are accepting of people's sexuality as being their own private business (neither right nor wrong) just a simple private aspect of them.

It's kind of odd that all over the wide wide world of the interwebz, these two items of conversation have been lumped together. Consider
----
Story from many years ago ...
I recall a friend I was standing behind in line at the grocery. We chatted a bit and as he put his items down to be rung up, he said he was in a hurry to get home to the wife - "Big night.", he said. I looked down and noted he was purchasing two things: condoms and toothpaste.

I did not speculate out loud, the order in which his purchased items might be used.

Having this knowledge thrust upon me ... oh, I did wonder. Dodgy Laughat

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-04-2017, 03:40 PM
(06-04-2017 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

If he hadn't announced that he was gay, it wouldn't be talked about at all.

Most of us already assumed he was gay and it didn't stop me from liking his music.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-04-2017, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2017 03:58 PM by abaris.)
(06-04-2017 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Yeah, it really seems a bit bizzare to even be talking about Barry's sexuality.

It's a bit of a stretch, but seeing as Bannon hates anything that isn't straight white red blooded male, it kinda fits the bill. I always hated Barry. But not for his sexuality, it were his crimes against music that made me cringe. Be out but STFU. Or open your mouth, but please don't sing.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]