Banning Bannon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: Banning Bannon
(06-04-2017 02:35 PM)Stevil Wrote:  So what if the guy is gay, do we even need to be talking about it?

Mostly it was this...

(05-04-2017 03:36 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I'm shocked to learn that Barry Manilow was "in". Seriously, worst kept "secret" ever.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2017, 05:10 PM
(06-04-2017 03:54 PM)abaris Wrote:  It's a bit of a stretch, but seeing as Bannon hates anything that isn't straight white red blooded male, it kinda fits the bill. I always hated Barry. But not for his sexuality, it were his crimes against music that made me cringe. Be out but STFU. Or open your mouth, but please don't sing.
I still don't really get the "out" thing.
I understand that some people (a great many, usually gays) keep their sexuality a secret. And I understand that there are many bigots around, but for the most part, in civilised cultures, I think most people don't care, and don't interfere in the affairs of others. If peeps do talk behind your back about you, then so fuck'n what.

I understand there is a person on this website that has said he keeps it secret because he doesn't want to be "that gay guy".
But again, so fuck'n what. You can't live your life pleasing others or living upto "norms"of others.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned it is a non issue. If Barry is gay, so fuck'n what!
So What, so what!

06-04-2017, 05:45 PM
(06-04-2017 05:10 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 03:54 PM)abaris Wrote:  It's a bit of a stretch, but seeing as Bannon hates anything that isn't straight white red blooded male, it kinda fits the bill. I always hated Barry. But not for his sexuality, it were his crimes against music that made me cringe. Be out but STFU. Or open your mouth, but please don't sing.
I still don't really get the "out" thing.
I understand that some people (a great many, usually gays) keep their sexuality a secret. And I understand that there are many bigots around, but for the most part, in civilised cultures, I think most people don't care, and don't interfere in the affairs of others. If peeps do talk behind your back about you, then so fuck'n what.

I understand there is a person on this website that has said he keeps it secret because he doesn't want to be "that gay guy".
But again, so fuck'n what. You can't live your life pleasing others or living upto "norms"of others.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned it is a non issue. If Barry is gay, so fuck'n what!
So What, so what!

Do you need a nap? You seem really grumpy...even for you.

So, let me get this right, Barry Manilow is gay??!?!?!?!?! Gasp

Whodathunkit. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-04-2017, 06:57 PM
(05-04-2017 11:27 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  A step in the right direction and away from the brink. I have much more trust in McMaster than in the alcoholic Nazi.

“The move followed days of discussions with top aides, including Bannon, about the scope of the adviser’s role moving forward and comes as McMaster — a three-star Army general and more traditional voice on security policy — has fully taken control of the council and its operations, according to five officials familiar with the decision.”

“McMaster — who wrote a 1997 book, “Dereliction of Duty” about the importance of presidents receiving candid advice on military and national security policy — has become a rising and blunt force within the White House who has made clear to several top officials and the president that he does not want the NSC to have any political elements and while he understood Bannon’s role, it was not necessary for the president to have him there as the NSC was reorganized under McMaster's leadership."

McMaster is a thinking general, and from all I've read has a hell of a lot of spine. Not just a master of tactics, strategy and operational art, but a student of history as well ... perhaps the one good nomination the Shitgibbon has made thus far.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-04-2017, 07:16 PM
(06-04-2017 05:10 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Anyway, as far as I am concerned it is a non issue. If Barry is gay, so fuck'n what!
So What, so what!

Tell me, how do you really feel about this?

Ok, so what about atheists in the closet? Is this about all types of closets?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-04-2017, 08:17 PM
(06-04-2017 07:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 05:10 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Anyway, as far as I am concerned it is a non issue. If Barry is gay, so fuck'n what!
So What, so what!

Tell me, how do you really feel about this?

It's about making something like this a talking point.
I don't see any value in it.

I mean, we don't concern ourselves if someone is in an interracial relationship.
We don't label a person as a cross race sex person.
We don't then say, "Who'd a thought he was into having sex with people outside of his own race?"

I just don't get the whole labelling of people as gay, I don't get why we talk about it with regards to a specific person. I think too much focus is on these things.
A person is gay, so what, that is their business. Why are we even talking about their sexuality?

With regards to atheists or theists, again who cares? I don't go around trying to find out who believes in what, and if I do find out, I don't then go around spreading the news. Who cares?
06-04-2017, 09:41 PM
(06-04-2017 08:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 07:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  Tell me, how do you really feel about this?

It's about making something like this a talking point.
I don't see any value in it.

I mean, we don't concern ourselves if someone is in an interracial relationship.
We don't label a person as a cross race sex person.
We don't then say, "Who'd a thought he was into having sex with people outside of his own race?"

I just don't get the whole labelling of people as gay, I don't get why we talk about it with regards to a specific person. I think too much focus is on these things.
A person is gay, so what, that is their business. Why are we even talking about their sexuality?

With regards to atheists or theists, again who cares? I don't go around trying to find out who believes in what, and if I do find out, I don't then go around spreading the news. Who cares?

You're fortunate to live where people have something other than another person's religious or sexual affiliation (or any other business) to think about. Here in the US, that is ALL some people are concerned with. I'm of a like mind with you- I don't give a pinch of feces what anyone does or believes, as long as they don't fuck with me.
07-04-2017, 12:10 AM
(06-04-2017 09:41 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You're fortunate to live where people have something other than another person's religious or sexual affiliation (or any other business) to think about. Here in the US, that is ALL some people are concerned with. I'm of a like mind with you- I don't give a pinch of feces what anyone does or believes, as long as they don't fuck with me.
My concern, I guess, with regards to talking about a person being gay, is that it makes a thing of it.

Perhaps if a gay person just wanted to be themselves, perhaps they don't want people talking about them and making a deal about their sexuality, even if the people talking are supportive. Perhaps the gay person just wants to live their life and not be a talking point.

I'm sure I'd feel a bit weird having people talk about my sexuality. And if I were gay, perhaps I'd want to hide it just so that people don't talk about it.

It's the "so what" principle, rather than weird someone out, just don't make a deal of it.
07-04-2017, 12:39 AM
The problem is that while bigotry exists, "so what" might sound good in principle, but doesn't help deliver equal rights to everyone.

Our mileage varies; we're straight white males.
07-04-2017, 01:23 AM
(07-04-2017 12:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Our mileage varies; we're straight white males.

But still of the wrong kind, according to Bannon.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]