Banning Bannon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2017, 02:45 AM
RE: Banning Bannon
(07-04-2017 12:39 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The problem is that while bigotry exists, "so what" might sound good in principle, but doesn't help deliver equal rights to everyone.

Our mileage varies; we're straight white males.
The context is different to what I am referring to.

For example, Barry is gay, is a fact but is not something worth you or me talking about. It is his business, he doesn't need to come out to us, it's none of our business.

However, with regards to the plight of homosexuals facing bigotry, it makes sense that you and me help stand up to those bigots if we are in a situation where a gay person is being picked on.
It is the bigotry that we ought to talk about, not the sexuality of a person.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
19-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Bannon is even MORE of a nut case than you thought. Weeping
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/pol...el-gibson/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2017, 05:03 PM
"but she really went to town after entering a convent in Westphalia" - well, duh! With a name like this she must have been sorely disappointed Drinking Beverage

"In that book, in a chapter favored by Bannon, this is how Emmerich describes hell: "All in this dreary abode tends to fill the mind with horror; not a word of comfort is heard or a consoling idea admitted; the one tremendous thought, that the justice of an all-powerful God inflicts on the damned nothing but what they have fully deserved, is the absorbing tremendous conviction which weighs down each heart." Those poor souls in hell are notable not for their misfortune, but for their deservedness."

Ah,here it is again, that wonderful Xtian love and compassion that we all know and love so much. Warms the cockles of my heart. Or maybe this warmth is just a foretaste of my deservedness? I think I'll go practice my wailing and gnashing of teeth now Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-04-2017, 05:16 PM
(19-04-2017 05:03 PM)Vera Wrote:  "but she really went to town after entering a convent in Westphalia" - well, duh! With a name like this she must have been sorely disappointed Drinking Beverage

Which isn't a problem when using the native word Westfalen.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
19-04-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2017 06:05 PM by Vera.)
Killwillyjoy Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."