Banning Prayer at Funerals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2011, 08:57 AM
Banning Prayer at Funerals
Oh yes! Those evil atheists are now banning prayer even at veteran funerals! So says Fox news and several other less-than neutral sources. Link to a video about it. Pretty much people are complaining because words like "God" and "Jesus" are being removed from speeches at memorial services for veterans. Now, right off the bat, something seems wrong. I'm doubtful if there are people out there so bold to try to prevent a religious prayer for some poor Christian family whose Christian family member died. But, if that was the case, I'd have to disagree. I believe that services should reflect the deceased's religion.

Veteran Affairs have been quiet, allowing stories to spread like wild fire, but they did recently speak up.

'Josh Taylor Wrote:Invoking the name of God or Jesus is not only allowed, it is common at VA National Cemeteries across the country. However, VA's policy is that VA-sponsored honor guards should not make recitations at commital services unless requested to do so by the deceased's survivor(s.)

Yep, good old Christian discrimination. They are being pushed around and are forced to not force their religious beliefs on a family that didn't request them. The horror. They had a rally and everything to fight this tooth and nail. Sad part of it all is that most people seem to think that no one can have a religious service because of these half-truths being spread around. It's ironic too, because the complaint is that the service should reflect the deceased's religion(Christian solider gets Christian service), and that is exactly what the policy is in place for.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2011, 01:45 PM
RE: Banning Prayer at Funerals
Christian organizations are always trying to push their bullshit on the military. If you want a real nightmare try basic training, if you don't go to any sort of religious service (as in your simply non-religious) you don't get the nice break and treats that the other airman get from going to religious services.

Anyways, the DoD has always maintained religious neutrality, in fact you can get in trouble for spouting creationist crap if it bothers other people. So these organizations can bone pick and fight till their heart's content, the increasingly progressive military will just ignore them, we have no time for their bullshit.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply