Bannon is out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: Bannon is out
I honestly don't know the answer to this and have never been a student of politics...so I am throwing this out to you guys.

Has there ever, in the history of the US, been this many changes in White House staff in seven months time? Has there ever been this many changes during a presidential term?

Maybe I am just not remembering because I wasn't paying close enough attention. Even with the whole Nixon debacle...was there this much upheaval?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2017, 03:54 PM
(18-08-2017 03:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I honestly don't know the answer to this and have never been a student of politics...so I am throwing this out to you guys.

Has there ever, in the history of the US, been this many changes in White House staff in seven months time? Has there ever been this many changes during a presidential term?

Maybe I am just not remembering because I wasn't paying close enough attention. Even with the whole Nixon debacle...was there this much upheaval?

Omg I was just reading something about that.

It listed a couple...like Hamilton?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-08-2017, 03:57 PM
(18-08-2017 03:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I honestly don't know the answer to this and have never been a student of politics...so I am throwing this out to you guys.

Not in my memory, going back to Carter's Presidency.
18-08-2017, 04:06 PM
(18-08-2017 03:08 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I could live with Trump being pardoned if it meant him getting the fuck outta the office. But as I've said before Pence scares me even worse. I think Trump is a buffoon with power. Pence is a smart man whose religious POV could be downright dangerous to people like me.

Yeah, this is soooo true. Trumps saving grace is that he's so utterly incompetent and clueless.

#Worst President Ever

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-08-2017, 04:19 PM
[Image: fired.png]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2017, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2017 04:52 PM by dancefortwo.)
(18-08-2017 04:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  [Image: fired.png]

This has got to be some sort of record. He's been in office for 7-8 months and the turnover rate is amazing. It's the bigliest turnover ever.

Seriously though, I don't recall anything like this in the first year of a presidents term, at least in recent history. There's usually a turnover of people if a president's been re-elected but nothing like this. No one can stand the bastard.

If Chief of Staff Kelly departs they might as well get the orchastra to play Nearer My God To Thee as the ship sinks.

The Titanic

18-08-2017, 04:43 PM
This is a little off the subject but there was a mass resignation of the Presidential Committee on the Arts. They put a RESIST message in their resignation letter... the capital letters at the beginning of each paragraph.

[Image: letter.jpg?resize=970%2C1255]

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-08-2017, 04:48 PM
That is fucking hilarious. Good for the Presidential Committee on the Arts.

Anyway, here's another tweet from Trump that aged really well.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
18-08-2017, 05:17 PM
No, No, NO to Pence.
Pence would freaking LOVE a theocracy. I don't know how that could possibly jive with atheists, or a small government/less rules 'republican' for that matter.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
18-08-2017, 05:21 PM
I think the theocracy pushing agenda is easier to counter in sights of it because it doesn't give some oddly false hope of difference people still think Trump represents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson