Bannon is out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: Bannon is out
(18-08-2017 05:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Bannon says that "the presidency we fought for and won is over".

He also says Breitbart is his weapon and now he will be back at the helm with everything he knows and he will crank that machine up.

Drinking Beverage

I don't know what to believe. I just looked at breitbart's website and according to the press release they issued it said that Bannon sent a letter of resignation on the 7th and it was decided mutually that today would be his last day.

So he wasn't fired? He quit?

How do we tell fake from real news?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2017, 06:01 PM
(18-08-2017 05:56 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I haven't included the 16 resignees from the PCAH that you noted or the 7 business leaders who have stepped down from presidential advisory councils

Bunch of diplomats too.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2017, 06:02 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/b...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:(Bloomberg) -- Ousted White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon returned to the conservative Breitbart News website on Friday and said he’ll be “going to war” for President Donald Trump, vowing to intensify the fight he has waged against opponents of his brand of populist conservatism.

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” Bannon told Bloomberg News Friday in his first public comments after his departure was announced.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2017, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2017 06:19 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(18-08-2017 01:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Looking forward to Breitbart's venting of butthurt in the form of back-scene stories. Trump thought his leaks were bad before? He hadn't seen shit.

Warning has been served:

"The Trump Presidency that we fought for and won is over.

[...]

I've built a fucking machine at Breitbart, and I'm about to go back to that machine knowing what I know. And we're about to rev that machine up, and rev it up we will."

The fracture of the Republicans continues ... and ironically will be hastened by the extremists they courted.
18-08-2017, 06:18 PM
(18-08-2017 05:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How do we tell fake from real news?

It'll all clear up in the course of a couple of days...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-08-2017, 06:31 PM
(18-08-2017 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/b...li=BBnb7Kz

Quote:(Bloomberg) -- Ousted White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon returned to the conservative Breitbart News website on Friday and said he’ll be “going to war” for President Donald Trump, vowing to intensify the fight he has waged against opponents of his brand of populist conservatism.

“If there’s any confusion out there, let me clear it up: I’m leaving the White House and going to war for Trump against his opponents -- on Capitol Hill, in the media, and in corporate America,” Bannon told Bloomberg News Friday in his first public comments after his departure was announced.

So, he's just going to do whatever he did before to make the "nationalists" feel better about their cause.

18-08-2017, 06:34 PM
(18-08-2017 06:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 06:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/b...li=BBnb7Kz

So, he's just going to do whatever he did before to make the "nationalists" feel better about their cause.

If this is true...and who knows how the news will sort it out...I would say he figures he can do more to back Trump with less retribution outside of the White House than in.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-08-2017, 06:40 PM
(18-08-2017 06:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 06:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, he's just going to do whatever he did before to make the "nationalists" feel better about their cause.

If this is true...and who knows how the news will sort it out...I would say he figures he can do more to back Trump with less retribution outside of the White House than in.

That's how I'm reading it. Poor baby couldn't stand being attacked by people who were supposed to be on his side or so he thought. He's gone back to Beitbart to further the cause (with the usual half-truths, outright lies and spin), where he feels more free to drive the narrative without those pesky whitehouse people and lawyers saying you can't do that.

Also, according to Bannon he quit on the 7th and it was decided that he'd stay until today.

In any event, I'm losing interest in this topic. Time to ice my elbow and wrist.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-08-2017, 07:07 PM
(18-08-2017 05:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 05:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Bannon says that "the presidency we fought for and won is over".

He also says Breitbart is his weapon and now he will be back at the helm with everything he knows and he will crank that machine up.

Drinking Beverage

I don't know what to believe. I just looked at breitbart's website and according to the press release they issued it said that Bannon sent a letter of resignation on the 7th and it was decided mutually that today would be his last day.

So he wasn't fired? He quit?

How do we tell fake from real news?

If he was fired, it wasn't puppet who did it. He can only say "You're Fired!" on TV, because he's a wuss who can't handle confrontation. Watch him in any situation where he's asked an uncomfortable question; he pretends he doesn't hear, and then he waddles out of the room. When he's given a firm no, he backs down until he can Twit the revised version.

My theory is that Kelly required Bannon to submit a letter of resignation. Then Bannon spent the next few days trying to Art-of-War his way out of it, with no success. Then he started giving interviews to try to make himself look smarter than the puppet's policies, because after Tuesday he knew he was toast.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
18-08-2017, 07:10 PM
(18-08-2017 03:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Has there ever, in the history of the US, been this many changes in White House staff in seven months time? Has there ever been this many changes during a presidential term?

Maybe I am just not remembering because I wasn't paying close enough attention. Even with the whole Nixon debacle...was there this much upheaval?

It wasn't the same kind of upheaval, and I don't think there were a lot of changes in personnel, but the Andrew Johnson presidency was pretty chaotic. Nobody expected Lincoln to suddenly get assassinated and Johnson wasn't anywhere in tune with the dominant Republicans in Congress. I think the main issue of his impeachment was Johnson trying to fire one of his cabinet guys and Congress wouldn't let him. If there had been twitter and such back then it would look like a comparable shitstorm. And for good measure everybody in Washington DC to be drunk much of the time.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post