Barbeque/grill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 09:39 AM
RE: Barbeque/grill
(19-06-2013 08:56 AM)Filox Wrote:  It is interesting that on Balkans we only have one word for this, so I do get confused with BBQ and grill. For me it's only one word, but the way you prepare it depends on the part and type of meat you buy. I'd say we grill it all, but it's not just that simple. The only important thing is that there is some meat and some burned wood, without any open fire, like Americans do in the movies... Smile

The movie thing is just for looks as anyone stupid enough to cook that way will never be asked to do so again.

This is probably my favorite cooking show ever very great how to.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-06-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 10:02 AM by ridethespiral.)
I don't burn the crap out of my meat... I do use gas but thats because a good sear + not waiting forever to start grilling is more important to me than charcoal flavor. I might have to get some mesquite chips or something to throw in there for some more wood flavor at some point though.

Get yourself a nice Ribeye (bone in or out) or a Porterhouse. I get mine from the Amish market (backwards religious fundamentalists have their uses), where the steaks are always super fresh, perfectly marbled, and never pink or mottled with brown (always a nice deep red) and wrapped in bucher paper(not styrofoam and plastic).

Season it to taste... salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, cajun spice, w/e.

Set your ceramic searing burner on medium/high

Set your main burner on medium/low at the same time to let it warm up

When the searing burner is glowing hot put the meat on for 1 minute per side (rotate 1/4 turn at 30 second mark for fancy grill marks).

Move the meat to the main burner and cook for about 6-8 mins per side.

The end result is a very juicy medium rare steak. The searing locks in the flavor (the juices) before it is moved to low slow heat and keeps the juice from dripping onto the grill and causing flare ups. This is the only time grilling meat on high is acceptable.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
25-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Here is how we do it on Balkans...

Big Grin

[Image: Image_28708.jpg&width=618]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post