Baron D'Holbach

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2012, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2012 04:32 PM by Atothetheist.)
Baron D'Holbach
What a badass.

If you have not had the pleasure of reading Good Sense by him, I suggest you do.

I will give you a link
Good Sense by D'Holbach

A wiki article about him as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_d'Holbach

Tell me what you think! I literally have ranked this guy on par with Some of my favorite atheists on what he has to say.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
01-08-2012, 01:52 AM
RE: Baron D'Holbach
(31-07-2012 04:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  What a badass.

If you have not had the pleasure of reading Good Sense by him, I suggest you do.

I will give you a link
Good Sense by D'Holbach

A wiki article about him as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_d'Holbach

Tell me what you think! I literally have ranked this guy on par with Some of my favorite atheists on what he has to say.

Thanks. I have only briefly touched on references to D' Holbach and will check out your attachement.........Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
01-08-2012, 08:11 AM
Did he do a youtube vid? That would be easier. Cheers.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-08-2012, 08:17 AM
(01-08-2012 08:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Did he do a youtube vid? That would be easier. Cheers.

I've search for youtube vids on dholbach, and they are only in french.

The books are much better.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
(01-08-2012 08:17 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(01-08-2012 08:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Did he do a youtube vid? That would be easier. Cheers.

I've search for youtube vids on dholbach, and they are only in french.

The books are much better.

I'm astounded to hear they had YouTube back in the Baron's day. Shocking

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
02-08-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 08:24 AM by fstratzero.)
Some guy quoting D'holbach

Man has always deceived himself when he abandoned experience to follow imaginary systems.—He is the work of nature.—He exists in Nature.—He is submitted to the laws of Nature.—He cannot deliver himself from them:—cannot step beyond them even in thought. It is in vain his mind would spring forward beyond the visible world: direful and imperious necessity ever compels his return—being formed by Nature, he is circumscribed by her laws; there exists nothing beyond the great whole of which he forms a part, of which he experiences the influence. The beings his fancy pictures as above nature, or distinguished from her, are always chimeras formed after that which he has already seen, but of which it is utterly impossible he should ever form any finished idea, either as to the place they occupy, or their manner of acting—for him there is not, there can be nothing out of that Nature which includes all beings.

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/8909/pg8909.html

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp