Baroness Warsi Strikes Again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2013 06:14 AM by TheAmazingAustralopithecus.)
Baroness Warsi Strikes Again
A short time ago, on a website not too far away...

THE CULTURE WARS EPISODE V: WARSI STRIKES BACK

It is a dark time for the secularists. Although the church in Britain is dying, the religious and their friends have driven the secular forces from their advantage and are attempting to promote their dogma across the country.

Evading the dreaded religious and in this case Islamic onslaught, a group of freedom fighters led by the National Secular Society, the Richard Dawkins Foundation, the British Humanist Association and its supporters will surely resolve to fight this nonsense.

The evil Baroness, Warsi, obsessed with promoting "tolerance", has met with FOSIS, a university group supporting Islamic extremism, to espouse the view that extremism in British universities is exaggerated...

If you didn't get the sci fi reference, shame on you.

But now on to the more serious part. This article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...-hate.html shows us that Baroness Warsi, a well known enemy of secularism in Britain and spouter of the garbage that is Islamophobia, has struck again.

She believes that extremism in universities is exaggerated- and went to a meeting of a group which has hosted terrorists and supporters of suicide bombings, Muslim hate preachers and the like to preach this viewpoint. The article gives numerous other instances of government support of Islamic extremism (and I've also read that Prince Charles supports the Islamic Forum) including on university campuses, where, according to Baroness Warsi, extremism is overrated! It's high time this nonsense is put in its place.

I suppose though, that, woops, I'm being Islamophobic and racist for even daring to criticize this. Sorry, Baroness!

It really angers me to read that even in supposedly moderate Britain, the barbarians, as Christopher Hitchens said, are not at the gate- they are firmly inside.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheAmazingAustralopithecus's post
28-04-2013, 07:54 AM
RE: Baroness Warsi Strikes Again
I have no knowledge of the truth of the article but it is apparent from looking at the author that they are a raving right wing ding bat. Does kind of make one wonder.
28-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I take it this person is Britain's Michelle Bachmann?
28-04-2013, 12:29 PM
That's no "sci-fi" reference,....it's a "religious movement" Wink Or it might-a been in the late 70's early 80's! If I was gonna believe? It'd be in the force, as described by Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back! Big Grin
I've said somewhere else on the forums that I'm willing to leave the delusional to their beliefs so long as they don't use them to hurt others. Obviously, that tolerance doesn't extend to your Baroness. Extremism, especially religious, but in almost any of it's forms, should be snuffed out like the blackest plague it is!!! If thanks to this "Lady's" preaching, one of these suicidal assholes gains the inch he/she needs to successfully blow up innocents? She should be thrown in prison for advocating the tolerance of said voilent theists bent on mass murder, (if not shot, but that's a bit.....extreme) the cunt!

29-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Haha yes, I just rewatched the Star Wars films. I always wonder why Yoda didn't just go and own the Emperor at some point, but oh well...

Anyway, yes, I don't know if she's religious or not but she is in any case an apologist. She keeps opposing what people are calling strident and militant secularism. She's from that branch of thought, basically. There was an incident recently about some Muslim extremists harassing people (mostly non-Muslims, I believe) saying they were dressed "like a faggot" or "indecently" and all that sort of rubbish, basically forcing their beliefs on others. I can't remember the exact details but Warsi was interviewed and, as ever, the focus was on "these people are extremists, idiots, they don't represent the whole Muslim population" and true as that may be it saddens me to see that, rather than complete disapproval of the extremists, there is always a caveat, a defence of Islam. Why can't we just criticize a religion for being bad? Ugh.

As for Michelle Bachmann, I'm familiar with the name but I don't know much about her. Is she the American Baroness Warsi? xD. Though from what I know Bachmann is a bit of a fundamentalist; Warsi isn't, she's just an apologist for religion and an opponent of secularism.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."