Barrel Bombs - More Doublespeak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Barrel Bombs - More Doublespeak
Listening to the radio this morning - and they were griping about "barrel bombs" being used -- and screaming they're "terrorist weapons"..

Huh???

A barrel bomb is just a barrel - stuffed with whatever you've got that goes "boom", and tossed out the back of an aircraft.

So essentially it's an unguided bomb. Not even a particularly good one. It's simply knocked together with whatever is on hand.

How is that somehow morally reprehensible - when the US and NATO aircraft routinely drop unguided munitions - that contain purpose built high explosives????

The difference? The "Bad Guys" use terrorist weapons. The "Good Guys" don't. Even when they're the same weapons.

It's that simple.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 08:40 AM
RE: Barrel Bombs - More Doublespeak
(05-03-2015 08:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...
they were griping

Who is they?

Huh

05-03-2015, 10:36 AM
really wasn't listening closely -Some NPR weenies- just heard the bit about "barrel bombs".... It's kinda dumb making up such designations - as if you'd be happier if you were bombed with a "purpose built" bomb, rather than one that was knocked together in somebody's garage....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-03-2015, 10:52 AM
I know, the media latches on to things like this, and more often than not don't understand what it is they're talking about.

I assume that this is all about the civil war in Syria.

People's outrage should be directed at the fact that they're dropping bombs in the first place.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2015, 01:59 PM
(05-03-2015 10:52 AM)Sam Wrote:  I know, the media latches on to things like this, and more often than not don't understand what it is they're talking about.

I assume that this is all about the civil war in Syria.

People's outrage should be directed at the fact that they're dropping bombs in the first place.
Yup... Think it was Assad's forces using 'em..

There's a few articles saying they did it, a few where Assad's forces denying it....

05-03-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't know much about barrel bombs (mostly because I'm in the same boat as you where I don't see what the fuss is about) but if I was to have a guess it would be because it's not exactly an accurate weapon and can easily be blown off course and hit civilians. Where as US unguided bombs are more accurate.

The barrel bombs probably don't always go off meaning they land on the ground and can explode later when civilians are trying to dig them out.

[Image: oscar.png]