Barrel Inc. - Researching New Lows In Argumentation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2017, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 03:30 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Barrel Inc. - Researching New Lows In Argumentation
[Image: bottom-of-barrel.jpg]

Just when you think we've found the bottom, we'll prove you wrong!

(05-01-2017 01:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 01:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Humans like meat therefore god? Theists hit a new low.
You're right. We need a "Theists have hit a new low" thread.

Kinda like "quotes I want to remember", but the opposite. Laugh out load

All credit to Szuchow and RocketSurgeon76 for this wonderful idea, but they didn't act on it, so I am; it's too good of an idea to pass up. Thumbsup

This here will be a repository of inanity, credulity, ignorance, and plain old stupidity. Let this be a Wall of Shame of sorts, a reminder of the very worst in religious, conspiratorial, and general woo-woo apologetics.

[Image: hELoOA.gif]

Shame! Shame!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-01-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: Barrel Inc. - Researching New Lows In Argumentation
(04-01-2017 10:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is said that the things of GOD are subtle yet profound. Something that may seem to be neither, that relates to intellegent design and sustenance for continued existence is fat...as in fat content in meat.

I'll explain;

-Is it true that fattier tissues hold more caloric value....energy?

-Is it true that fattier tissues have more flavor or taste?
It's also easier to eat more quickly than lean muscle.

So we as meat eaters are naturally drawn to the most beneficial sustenance. And in a more primitive hunting/gathering scheme, the most nutritious prey would actually be easier to spot and catch due to proportions.

I'll leave it alone... not a coincidence and evolution doesn't care remember?

Szuchow has the right of it.

(05-01-2017 01:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Humans like meat therefore god? Theists hit a new low.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-01-2017, 08:12 AM
From the Ken Hamm thread.....

It just boggles my mind that anyone can be so willingly and thoroughly retarded as to cook up such utter lying deceitful shit as this -----

[Image: main-qimg-255c03ca542fdd85bcc6d54e7c297a..._webp=true]

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 8 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-01-2017, 10:41 AM
(05-01-2017 03:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 10:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So we as meat eaters are naturally drawn to the most beneficial sustenance. And in a more primitive hunting/gathering scheme, the most nutritious prey would actually be easier to spot and catch due to proportions.

Theists doggedly mis-state and distort the actual positions and claims of their opponents in order to appear to score pseudo-"gotcha" points. Here for example. Evolution doesn't "care" about anything as it has no agency. However natural selection (not evolution) selects for (not 'cares about') survival advantage. So of course over time one would expect the fittest survivors to be attracted to the sweet spot of most nutritious and easily consumed portions, all other things being equal.

But that is far too nuanced and fair a representation, so he has to imply that in "not caring" natural selection (or evolution as he has it) (1) can't possibly be responsible for the fitness of a predator to its food sources and (2) is just another example of our nihilistic, hopeless, empty worldview as well as an example of (3) how indispensable it is to have certitude about a universe in which you are constantly individually affirmed as a special, cared-for snowflake.
[+] 5 users Like mordant's post
05-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Here are some possessions of preachers, pastors, religious speakers:

[Image: private-jet-and-car.jpg]

[Image: Picture+3.png]

[Image: paul-crouch-house.jpg?w=647&h=384]

[Image: creflo1-788785.jpg]

Looks like that tax exempt status is working out pretty well for them.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post
05-01-2017, 11:17 AM
I was watching one of the episodes of The Atheist Experience and a caller phoned in and claimed evidence for god and the Bible was because......

"Men have one less rib than a woman"

I'm not kidding. I wish I could find that episode.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-01-2017, 11:17 AM
(05-01-2017 03:12 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 10:03 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is said that the things of GOD are subtle yet profound. Something that may seem to be neither, that relates to intellegent design and sustenance for continued existence is fat...as in fat content in meat.

I'll explain;

-Is it true that fattier tissues hold more caloric value....energy?

-Is it true that fattier tissues have more flavor or taste?
It's also easier to eat more quickly than lean muscle.

So we as meat eaters are naturally drawn to the most beneficial sustenance. And in a more primitive hunting/gathering scheme, the most nutritious prey would actually be easier to spot and catch due to proportions.

Szuchow has the right of it.

Let's play name the fallacy, it's not really a god of the gaps fallacy, we know why humans eat what they eat.

This is a presuppostional post-hoc fallacy, since we have certain needs of certain foods, a god must have engineered this need. It presumes that a god exists and that this unproven god is the reason for our need of certain foods.

This is also begging the question by presuming that god is real and therefore the cause of things that exist.

This is also circular reasoning - things exist because god exists, but since things exist, that proves god exists.

Ahh the fallacy trifecta has arrived - on the short bus!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 8 users Like TheInquisition's post
05-01-2017, 11:34 AM
(05-01-2017 11:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Let's play name the fallacy, it's not really a god of the gaps fallacy, we know why humans eat what they eat.

This is a presuppostional post-hoc fallacy, since we have certain needs of certain foods, a god must have engineered this need. It presumes that a god exists and that this unproven god is the reason for our need of certain foods.

This is also begging the question by presuming that god is real and therefore the cause of things that exist.

This is also circular reasoning - things exist because god exists, but since things exist, that proves god exists.

Ahh the fallacy trifecta has arrived - on the short bus!
Yes and it is also reminiscent of the "perfect puddle" fallacy ... where a puddle of water exults that the hole it exists in is perfectly engineered to exactly fit its shape. A combination of confirmation bias and hubris.
[+] 8 users Like mordant's post
05-01-2017, 12:08 PM
A plane crashes. 200+ people die. One small child survives.

Christians all around have their hearts filled with joy.
"It's a miracle"

They feel no sorrow for the 200+ who died.
"It was their time.'
"God called them home."
"It's all part of god's plan."

They so easily accept the deaths of so many as long as something benefits them in the end.

To me - that's bottom of the barrel.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
05-01-2017, 12:08 PM
(05-01-2017 11:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was watching one of the episodes of The Atheist Experience and a caller phoned in and claimed evidence for god and the Bible was because......

"Men have one less rib than a woman"

I'm not kidding. I wish I could find that episode.

I was told this, as a youngster. Of course, being me, I went and poked my unfortunate seven-year-old sister's ribcage to count, while I counted my own (I was ten). When I found no difference and went to ask, I was told that only Adam had one less rib. [Edit to Add: I couldn't actually tell how many total there were on either of us, not enough to get an accurate account, so I looked in my new birthday encyclopedia set. I had only confirmed that it was not the lower set of ribs that were absent in one but not the other.]

But it still stuck with me as odd that an adult in my church believed otherwise. And I remembered when other silly creationist claims began to not add up.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post