Baseball, Yay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 03:07 AM
Baseball, Yay!
After quite a lot of thinking about it, I finally sprang for a subscription to MLB Gameday Audio. The $19.99 is a significant sum at this time, but I do love the game. When I was a kid, I wanted to pitch in the worst way. Unfortunately, I did.

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dclarion's post
03-04-2015, 05:17 AM
RE: Baseball, Yay!
I get the MLB package every year and spend the whole summer watching as much baseball as I can. I can't wait for the season to open Sunday night.

Who's your team? I'm a huge Mets fan, which is a challenge considering I live just outside Philadelphia.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
03-04-2015, 01:11 PM
(03-04-2015 05:17 AM)BnW Wrote:  I get the MLB package every year and spend the whole summer watching as much baseball as I can. I can't wait for the season to open Sunday night.

Who's your team? I'm a huge Mets fan, which is a challenge considering I live just outside Philadelphia.

I follow the Nationals, Dodgers, and Indians. You know that I love the game by virtue of the fact that I grew up in Cleveland during the 1960s and 1970s, a time when the Indians redefined "bad". I'm old enough to remember the Senators and was thrilled when baseball came back to the nation's capital. And then, there's Vin Scully; need I say more?

I debated buying the premium video package from MLB, but my machine doesn't have the horsepower to stream video while doing anything else, not to mention the fact that I just don't have $130 to spare at the moment. I'm doing my best to save cash to build a new machine; hopefully I can be assembling components in time for my birthday in July. Then, perhaps, I can spring for the video in 2016.

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2015, 02:08 PM
I love baseball, but generally don't have time to watch or listen to games in real time. I just look at the box scores in the newspaper the next day. I will sometimes go out of my way to watch postseason games.

My team is the Milwaukee Brewers -- only one trip to the World Series in their history, and that was over 30 years ago, and they lost. So not the most rewarding team to root for. But there would be no point in rooting for a team that always wins. And the Brewers have at least been contenders in recent years.
03-04-2015, 02:23 PM
I never realized how boring this game is.

-Homer on baseball without beer.
03-04-2015, 02:30 PM
That's why Homer sucks. Baseball is awesome.

dclarion - I'm a Mets fan but grew up rooting for the Dodgers. I remember watching the 76 and 77 Series when I was a kid, and then when they won in 81. Being from the NYC metro area, it was inevitable I'd finally pull for a local team, and I can't bring myself to root for the Yankees, so it's been the Mets for 2 decades now. I follow every pitch and every transaction.

Really excited for the season to start.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
03-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Yeah I usually don't post much about sports...someone asked me recently...

(them) Who do you like in baseball?

(me) I guess I like the SF Giants

(them) well you know blah blah blah blah blah and this player blah blah blah blah and this team has a much better blah blah blah blah.

(me) yeah I guess I like the SF Giants.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-04-2015, 03:57 PM
(03-04-2015 03:07 AM)dclarion Wrote:  After quite a lot of thinking about it, I finally sprang for a subscription to MLB Gameday Audio. The $19.99 is a significant sum at this time, but I do love the game. When I was a kid, I wanted to pitch in the worst way. Unfortunately, I did.

Reminded me of my attempts at badminton......utterly hopeless.
Baseball not all that popular in Australia,but football has started and I've got my membership ticketThumbsup
03-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Should this thread be moved over the the sports or gaming area?

Grass growing, paint drying and baseball. The triple threat of brain death.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Lifelong Cardinals fan. Definitely looking forward to the season kicking off. Got my fantasy team ready as well. We get all the home games on TV so I don't really have a reason to purchase the MLB package, but if I couldn't watch them any other way, I definitely would.