Poll: Which genre has the best breakdowns/bass drops?
Dubstep
Screamo
Techno
Partycore
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Bass drops make the world spin!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Bass drops make the world spin!
So I have been listening to alot of music. Dubstep, Screamo, Techno, Partycore, etc. I have noticed the bass drops in songs make your jaw drop. It makes you feel all tingly when you hear a bass drop or any breakdown. So which genre has the best breakdowns/bass drops?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2011, 02:09 PM
RE: Bass drops make the world spin!
Modulated bass AKA dubstep.....recently.

All bass is dark bass.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-10-2011, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 02:36 PM by Jesus H Christ.)
If you want dark and bass I would suggest King Cannibal/Let the Night Roar. Rustie's new album Glass Swords is pretty sick in the bass department. The new album by Sully titled Carrier is recommended as is Emika's debut album. And a very dark one is Lorn's album Nothing Else.

I would be more than happy to send a copy of some of these if anyone is interested. I'd love to spread the electronic love.
27-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Only just recently discovered dubstep myself, but I love it. I discovered it through the Ephixa Zelda music remixes, which are pretty good. I know people love to hate it, and there's some real crap out there, but there are some sick beats and bass drops. Maybe you can suggest some stuff... I've been listening to a bit of Skrillex, checking out stuff on the UKF Dubstep Youtube channel, and some other stuff.
27-10-2011, 03:44 PM

Dubstep is the way to go, bro.
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2011, 02:46 AM
gotta say dubstep, though there is tons of awesome dnb with nice drops too

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
28-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Partycore is wayyyy better... If you dont believe me look up "lets start the party" by Attila, if you have good speakers theyll blow even if you barely turn it up xD
03-11-2011, 02:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 06:31 AM by Filox.)
I do not see how dubstep has breakdowns or bass drops? It has the perfect bass, just the way it should be in all other music. All other music is broken.

Smile

P.S.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtMlB-BEMso

Here, this is the music we used to listen on our old-school 286-based computers... Let there be MIDI!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL34qKX0G...re=related

Smile

(how many of you guys actually know what a 286 computer is?)
Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson