Bathing a cat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Bathing a cat?
So I've been watching cat videos to destress from life's woes. Um......Why do people bathe their cat? I don't get it. It seems like they bath themselves, that's one of the pluses about cats vs dogs. I love dogs too though.

Here's a Maine Coon being bathed. Fur christ sakes, she's bathing a small lion! Shocking

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-03-2017, 01:38 PM
RE: Bathing a cat?
[Image: a9b506dccc41e6d29a5a78e227a4c7d4.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 11 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-03-2017, 02:48 PM
I've never bathed my cat. She's perfect just the way she is. Bathing her would be admitting I don't think she's perfect.

I've seen my dad after he tried to bathe my moms 8 cats.... All i can say to anyone who wants to do this.... good luck.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
20-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Maine coon cats are so beautiful. My brother used to have one.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
20-03-2017, 04:17 PM
(20-03-2017 03:29 PM)Emma Wrote:  Maine coon cats are so beautiful. My brother used to have one.

Emma, I'm so sorry your dog died. I know a lady whose dog died last year and she's still mourning his loss. She said she's sadder than when her own mother died. I think dogs and cats are more like children.

Anyway, I'm kinda interested in Main Coon cats but I read that they don't have a super long life, at least not as long a life as other cats. Do you know if this is true? I couldn't deal with an animal not living a very long life.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
20-03-2017, 04:29 PM
I would need a Kevlar suit and welding gloves and mask to try to bathe Blue. He better keep cleaning himself.

He does like to be brushed but I'm not going to try to dunk that cat in water. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2017, 04:34 PM
(20-03-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would need a Kevlar suit and welding gloves and mask to try to bathe Blue. He better keep cleaning himself.

He does like to be brushed but I'm not going to try to dunk that cat in water. Sadcryface

This must be something else disguised as a cat. Ohmy

[Image: 6359790d5fb5878bc048a4333eb062c9.gif]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
20-03-2017, 04:36 PM
(20-03-2017 04:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would need a Kevlar suit and welding gloves and mask to try to bathe Blue. He better keep cleaning himself.

This must be something else disguised as a cat. Ohmy

[Image: 6359790d5fb5878bc048a4333eb062c9.gif]

That cat is either amazing, or very traumatized o.0

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
20-03-2017, 04:38 PM
I suppose if you start with baths very young some cats will get used to it. Blue has always been feisty and not averse to drawing blood, even when he is 'playing'. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-03-2017, 04:56 PM
(20-03-2017 01:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So I've been watching cat videos to destress from life's woes. Um......Why do people bathe their cat? I don't get it. It seems like they bath themselves, that's one of the pluses about cats vs dogs. I love dogs too though.

Here's a Maine Coon being bathed. Fur christ sakes, she's bathing a small lion! Shocking

In the image before you watch the video, that cat looks ready to claw someone's face off. I think it know's whats coming.

Big Grin