Bathing a cat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Bathing a cat?
She says. "Don't even think about it."

[Image: 05f069053b.jpg]

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
20-03-2017, 06:50 PM
I gave my cat a bath the other day. I don't see why people say it's a problem. The cat just sat there and purred. He really seemed to enjoy it.

I got as lot of fur on my tongue, but other than that it was fine. -- Steve Martin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-03-2017, 06:53 PM
(20-03-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would need a Kevlar suit and welding gloves and mask to try to bathe Blue. He better keep cleaning himself.

We must have Blue's brother. A real lover until you piss him offEvil_monster

I once read that the only reason to bath the common house cat is if you have allergies. Apparently, the allergen is the dander that is left behind when cats groom themselves i.e. dried saliva? Anyway we never bathed Delmar. We sent him off to college (hate that stupid rainbow bridge poem) about 6 mos ago. Still miss "the little shithead" as we affectionately referred to himSadcryface
20-03-2017, 06:58 PM
(20-03-2017 06:53 PM)mustardseed Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 04:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I would need a Kevlar suit and welding gloves and mask to try to bathe Blue. He better keep cleaning himself.

We must have Blue's brother. A real lover until you piss him offEvil_monster

I once read that the only reason to bath the common house cat is if you have allergies. Apparently, the allergen is the dander that is left behind when cats groom themselves i.e. dried saliva? Anyway we never bathed Delmar. We sent him off to college (hate that stupid rainbow bridge poem) about 6 mos ago. Still miss "the little shithead" as we affectionately referred to himSadcryface

I am sorry to hear your cat is gone. That sucks.

Blue is mellowing a bit...he's about three and a half now but he still thinks playing involves blood loss...and not his. He's the second cat I have had that is mostly Siamese...they seem to have attitude to spare. The other cats I have had weren't as aggressive. Blue is getting very talky lately and is more likely to head butt you than to claw...but when he is done with being touched...watch out for the teeth.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-03-2017, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 07:06 PM by BackSlider.)
We use to use the hand held shower, with the door closed of course. Let them move around some, drench, later, rinse, and release. Then they had the task of the lick dry cycle.
Listen and watch for hair balls in about two days.
Next pet, will be a parrot. So it will outlive me.
Burying loved animals sucks.No

Steve Martin's some funny stuff onlinebiker

You have to be odd to be #1.
20-03-2017, 07:17 PM
[/quote]
(20-03-2017 06:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am sorry to hear your cat is gone. That sucks.

Blue is mellowing a bit...he's about three and a half now but he still thinks playing involves blood loss...and not his. He's the second cat I have had that is mostly Siamese...they seem to have attitude to spare. The other cats I have had weren't as aggressive. Blue is getting very talky lately and is more likely to head butt you than to claw...but when he is done with being touched...watch out for the teeth.

Thanks Anjele. Yes, it rips your heart out to lose a pet.

I love Siamese! They can have such fun attitudes. One of our first was a Siamese and you couldn't talk on the phone without Wailon wanting to share his 2 cents worth - so funny. Is Blue a bluepoint? They are beautiful!

Ah yes, the old love em then rip em to sheds routine. I just don't understand why some folks don't like cats - haha! Consider
20-03-2017, 07:20 PM
(20-03-2017 07:02 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Listen and watch for hair balls in about two days.

Steve Martin's some funny stuff onlinebiker

yeah - hair ball bio alarm at 2:00AM and always in your walking path!Hobo
20-03-2017, 07:36 PM
(20-03-2017 07:17 PM)mustardseed Wrote:  Thanks Anjele. Yes, it rips your heart out to lose a pet.

I love Siamese! They can have such fun attitudes. One of our first was a Siamese and you couldn't talk on the phone without Wailon wanting to share his 2 cents worth - so funny. Is Blue a bluepoint? They are beautiful!

Ah yes, the old love em then rip em to sheds routine. I just don't understand why some folks don't like cats - haha! Consider

He's a mutt...all four feet are white. Found him at a local shelter when he was just a few weeks old.

[Image: 14tc9rk.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2017, 07:39 PM
(20-03-2017 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He's a mutt...all four feet are white. Found him at a local shelter when he was just a few weeks old.

I love his markings! He looks part siamese with a little calico. Very unusual. He does look like the king of his castleYes
[+] 1 user Likes mustardseed's post
20-03-2017, 07:53 PM
(20-03-2017 07:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 07:17 PM)mustardseed Wrote:  Thanks Anjele. Yes, it rips your heart out to lose a pet.

He's a mutt...all four feet are white. Found him at a local shelter when he was just a few weeks old.

Awww.Heart What a beautiful kitty.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post