Batman - An Atheist or Catholic?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Batman - An Atheist or Catholic?
I was having a debate with a friend, we both aknowledged that Batman came (we're aware its a comic book character) from a possibly scotish irish decent, however my argument was that even though in the future many artists depicts that he holds a grave cross, his parents death would discourage him from a religion - as in his career he holds nothing significantly religious.
(Her argument was that Batman is a hero, therefor religious)
And I replied, Mr. Terrific is a hero, as identified by the Final Crisis (One of thos crisis) comics, Martian Manhunter had his own Martian religion (As Identified by one of the Justice League fictional books) And in a fictional book, produced by DC, called Batman: The Stone King, when entering a popular church Batman made no comment to God. And in Batman Beyond there is hardly any religious implications for a aging Bruce.

What do you think?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
09-03-2012, 01:54 PM
RE: Batman - An Atheist or Catholic?
His peculiar association with Robin, a young boy in tights, make me think he's a Catholic!

[+] 18 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2012, 01:54 PM
ROTFL^

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
DLJ wins this topic.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
09-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Yep, I think we have a definitive answer folks.
09-03-2012, 03:01 PM
All you wanted to know about batman's religion and more.

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/Batman.html

Regarding the above website, I can't believe someone actually went to this extreme to discuss comic book characters' religions.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
09-03-2012, 03:55 PM
(09-03-2012 03:01 PM)Thomas Wrote:  All you wanted to know about batman's religion and more.

Regarding the above website, I can't believe someone actually went to this extreme to discuss comic book characters' religions.

I shouldn't of clicked on that link. I could spend forever there looking at the randomness of data gathered to pick what character is what... I'm just glad I know can know there is a character, Bibleman and Biblegirl.

Odd they don't list the comic book character, The Atheist... who isn't an atheist.
09-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Pressing question, does one fictional character believe in another fictional character…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post
09-03-2012, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2012 05:12 PM by Question.)
(09-03-2012 03:01 PM)Thomas Wrote:  All you wanted to know about batman's religion and more.

Yeah, I've seen that website. I don't really agree with the ending conclusion however./ Although naturally, the older verson of batman would be religious, I just fail to see how it relates to the newer verson. The grave stone could simply be chosen by Selina Kyle, who knew that Batman's parents were religious. As in the newer issues he doesn't appear to hold the tradition of praying anymore. (Aroudn the time he meets WW) I guess he's an atheist living as a Christian? I mean, before I converted I still somewhat did the same things he did, and his need for answers makes me think he's skeptical.

09-03-2012, 05:40 PM
And talking of strange men in costumes...

http://newsthump.com/2012/03/04/dress-we...rience-of/

LOL line... "Crying kids are desperately unattractive.”

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post