Batman V Superman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2016, 12:10 AM
RE: Batman V Superman
I've read some horrible reviews. Like, it's really bad. Someone I know said that the best thing about it was Wonder Woman. It's supposed to be one hot mess of a movie.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
27-03-2016, 12:14 AM
Also this whole thing about it bombing makes me think of this

[Image: ZhTjEE9.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-03-2016, 11:32 PM

Just jump ahead a few minutes if you want to skip their schlock continuity gag of the reviewers operating a VCR repair shop.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-03-2016, 05:44 AM
(27-03-2016 12:14 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Also this whole thing about it bombing makes me think of this

[Image: ZhTjEE9.gif]

Why did he avoid the nuns?
Consider

Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
28-03-2016, 06:16 AM
I refuse to watch Ben Afleck play Batman. Afleck is one of of the few actors who can put me to sleep just be walking on screen. He should be classified as a narcotic.

Fuck, I'd rather put up with Kevin Costner writing, directing, and starring in a Batman movie than letting Ben Afleck anywhere near a studio again.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-03-2016, 06:46 AM
(28-03-2016 06:16 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I refuse to watch Ben Afleck play Batman. Afleck is one of of the few actors who can put me to sleep just be walking on screen. He should be classified as a narcotic.

Fuck, I'd rather put up with Kevin Costner writing, directing, and starring in a Batman movie than letting Ben Afleck anywhere near a studio again.

Ironically Affleck is one of the few parts of this catastrophe that actually works.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-03-2016, 08:27 AM
(26-03-2016 07:40 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Should have been called Justice League: The Awkward first date.

The movie was a fucking mess. Batman was pretty badass though (Think Dark Night Returns). Any thoughts?

I liked it, would give it a 7 out of 10, but then again I liked Man of Steel as well. I think Zack Snyder while having some good ideas, tends to be an unfocused directer. In better hands it might have been a great movie.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
28-03-2016, 10:39 AM
(28-03-2016 06:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 06:16 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I refuse to watch Ben Afleck play Batman. Afleck is one of of the few actors who can put me to sleep just be walking on screen. He should be classified as a narcotic.

Ironically Affleck is one of the few parts of this catastrophe that actually works.

Indeed, Batman was pretty much the reason I didn't walk out. Ben played a good Bruce.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
28-03-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm the same way about Will Ferrell. I'm not a huge fan of Affleck, but I didn't hate him in this.

I felt that it was rushed. You're trying to tell me that Batman, often called a detective, fell for a school-aged prank (the letters)? I get the whole anti-alien sentiment that did appear in the books. But again didn't feel like it was in sync with the character.

Wonder Woman actually was a good addition. I understand why Bats and Supe were the main ones in the fight. When her movie is out I'll be there.

But Zod as Doomsday? Wasn't feeling that.

Overall I did enjoy it. Just got a few issues.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
28-03-2016, 11:15 AM
(28-03-2016 10:52 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
I'm the same way about Will Ferrell. I'm not a huge fan of Affleck, but I didn't hate him in this.

I felt that it was rushed. You're trying to tell me that Batman, often called a detective, fell for a school-aged prank (the letters)? I get the whole anti-alien sentiment that did appear in the books. But again didn't feel like it was in sync with the character.

Wonder Woman actually was a good addition. I understand why Bats and Supe were the main ones in the fight. When her movie is out I'll be there.

But Zod as Doomsday? Wasn't feeling that.

Overall I did enjoy it. Just got a few issues.

Waste of a character.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.