Batman V Superman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: Batman V Superman
(27-03-2016 12:10 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I've read some horrible reviews. Like, it's really bad. Someone I know said that the best thing about it was Wonder Woman. It's supposed to be one hot mess of a movie.

It's not a movie about Wonder Woman, and it could already have used a LOT less clutter... And more focus on what matters.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2016, 04:57 PM
(28-03-2016 04:15 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 03:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The moral dilemma of Batman has always been that he skirts the line of being a criminal himself. Yes he has killed before but it is usually last option in BvS he was machine gunning down henchmen the entire movie (and I am not counting the stupid dream sequences, fuck you Zach Snyder fuck you!) and had they ever addressed that, even in an aside to an incredible Jeremy Iron's Alfred, I would have been ok with it. Something along the lines of

A: Master Wayne, don't you think you are taking things a bit far out there?
B: Alfred the line is gone ever since Joker declared war on Gotham and now this Alien who could destroy the entire world by staring hard enough.

would have been enough for me to know this was a character decision and no another over sight.

He's killed even when it wasn't the last resort. Have you read some of his original comics? Dude hangs an inmate off his Bat Plane and says "He's probably better off this way."

[Image: 153102.jpg?v=1]

Batman didn't have his "rule" (or at least didn't stick to it religiously) until more modern incarnations. People seem to forget that. I also understand the idea of characterization, but even when the source material has trouble keeping Batman well.... Batman, I think that it's a relatively minor complaint. They didn't bastardize Batman, they just made him more in keeping with the gritty atmosphere of this Movie Universe (ala Dark Knight Returns style). Just be glad he wasn't a fucking racist like he was in some of the comics.

I am not saying it is a bad performance (I actually found it to be the best thing about the movie and the only arc I cared about) I was just wanting a nod to the comics here. Golden Age Batman killed left and right Silver and beyond less so and it varies writer to writer. The only reason it matters here is it neuters Batman's argument against Supersadsack "You kill innocent people" when he is laying down on the trigger to duel machine guns.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Lets be frank considering the hype for this film was anyone really going to be happy

and yes more wonder women

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
28-03-2016, 05:00 PM
(28-03-2016 04:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 04:15 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  He's killed even when it wasn't the last resort. Have you read some of his original comics? Dude hangs an inmate off his Bat Plane and says "He's probably better off this way."

[Image: 153102.jpg?v=1]

Batman didn't have his "rule" (or at least didn't stick to it religiously) until more modern incarnations. People seem to forget that. I also understand the idea of characterization, but even when the source material has trouble keeping Batman well.... Batman, I think that it's a relatively minor complaint. They didn't bastardize Batman, they just made him more in keeping with the gritty atmosphere of this Movie Universe (ala Dark Knight Returns style). Just be glad he wasn't a fucking racist like he was in some of the comics.

I am not saying it is a bad performance (I actually found it to be the best thing about the movie and the only arc I cared about) I was just wanting a nod to the comics here. Golden Age Batman killed left and right Silver and beyond less so and it varies writer to writer. The only reason it matters here is it neuters Batman's argument against Supersadsack "You kill innocent people" when he is laying down on the trigger to duel machine guns.

To which the response could be, ala Punisher "No one got hurt that didn't deserve it."

DC movies are now more flare and faux-story than substance. At least their animations are awesome.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
28-03-2016, 05:01 PM
(28-03-2016 04:58 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  Lets be frank considering the hype for this film was anyone really going to be happy

Wonder Woman, while being awesome, shouldn't have been in there. It should have been BATMAN V SUPERMAN, not Batman and SUPER FRIENDS.

[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
28-03-2016, 06:13 PM
(28-03-2016 04:58 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  Lets be frank considering the hype for this film was anyone really going to be happy

Also, it's a different matter if the movie was okay, but it wasn't. It could have been a coherent story, but it wasn't. This wasn't a "hype" issue, but a substance issue.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
28-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Batman V Superman
The scenes of Lex's hacked data was, in my opinion, sluggish. I know they're trying to tie in Justice League and others in this movie but it felt like it slowed it down.
Those were the videos of Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
28-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Not sure if I want to see it. I don't think much of Affleck although I have read that he is good in this. I am really not looking forward to this joker in Suicide Squad though.

[Image: Jared-Leto-Joker-Tattoos-Teeth.jpg.cf.jpg]

Not that I have anything against Leto. This Joker looks like a douchebag at a rave who lost his glowsticks.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
29-03-2016, 11:18 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2016 11:22 AM by Filox.)
Hello people.

When I first heard about Ben Affleck being the Bat of Gotham, I was shocked. Hmmm, not shocked, more ... I just didn't want to even see the movie. Surprisingly, Ben did a great job, he was the best part of the movie. Unbelievable, but there it is.

I have several issues to talk clarify here. About Doomsday and Zodd, yes, it seems stupid, but if you read the history of Doomsday, you would know that he is an ancient Kryptopnian monster. We already saw how developed Kryptonian cloning technology is, so there is logic in taking Kyptonian DNA sample aka Zodd and using that to build something else, that is also Kryptonian aka Doomsday.

Batman always had a moral dilemma when it came to killing and he avoids it as much as possible. If you payed attention during the movie and awesome scenes with Batman, you could see that he pauses for a second before he shreds those minions in those pick-ups. He was having a hard time killing them, but didn't really have other options. Also, this is happening 20 years after Batman started his job and a lot of shit happened in that time. I really like this new, more-badass-than-ever Batman.

Which one of you is puzzled with the strange dream Bruce had? That dream was not a dream, but a call from the future from Flash. Those of you who don't know, Flash can speed up so fast, that he breaks the speed barrier and can then travel through time, past and future. What Bruce saw was one of many possible alternate futures, that could happen, if Louis Lane dies and Superman goes dark. It's going to get way more interesting.

Those videos of other superhumans were the videos of Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg. They all join Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to make Super Best Friends... wait, no, The Justice League!

Nerdgasm!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-03-2016, 02:02 PM
(29-03-2016 11:18 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hello people.

When I first heard about Ben Affleck being the Bat of Gotham, I was shocked. Hmmm, not shocked, more ... I just didn't want to even see the movie. Surprisingly, Ben did a great job, he was the best part of the movie. Unbelievable, but there it is.

I have several issues to talk clarify here. About Doomsday and Zodd, yes, it seems stupid, but if you read the history of Doomsday, you would know that he is an ancient Kryptopnian monster. We already saw how developed Kryptonian cloning technology is, so there is logic in taking Kyptonian DNA sample aka Zodd and using that to build something else, that is also Kryptonian aka Doomsday.

Batman always had a moral dilemma when it came to killing and he avoids it as much as possible. If you payed attention during the movie and awesome scenes with Batman, you could see that he pauses for a second before he shreds those minions in those pick-ups. He was having a hard time killing them, but didn't really have other options. Also, this is happening 20 years after Batman started his job and a lot of shit happened in that time. I really like this new, more-badass-than-ever Batman.

Which one of you is puzzled with the strange dream Bruce had? That dream was not a dream, but a call from the future from Flash. Those of you who don't know, Flash can speed up so fast, that he breaks the speed barrier and can then travel through time, past and future. What Bruce saw was one of many possible alternate futures, that could happen, if Louis Lane dies and Superman goes dark. It's going to get way more interesting.

Those videos of other superhumans were the videos of Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg. They all join Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to make Super Best Friends... wait, no, The Justice League!

Nerdgasm!

None of the dreams were executed well at all. I loved Flash and Flashpoint. I just don't think they needed it in this film. Slow down DC, slow down.