Batman is an Asshole...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 01:56 PM by HawkofFreedom.)
Wink RE: Batman is an Asshole...

Oh..I like this Batman better.

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Batman is an Asshole...

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
15-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Most, if not all, of the so-called superheros that actually have no super powers, e.g., Batman, the Green Hornet, the Lone Ranger, are nuts. They are vigilantes operating outside the law and should be locked up.

Take the Lone Ranger. He and his brother were Texas rangers who were ambushed by the Cavendish gang. The Lone Ranger was the only survivor. His sister-in-law was killed by Indians. He owns a silver mine and uses the income from it to wander the west and dispense vigilante justice. This guy seriously needs the attention of a shrink but the action takes place before Freud published.

Sapere aude
15-01-2016, 03:18 PM
I thought to be a super hero you had to have powers Tongue. Otherwise you are just a hero Big Grin

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-01-2016, 03:48 PM
(15-01-2016 03:14 PM)f stop Wrote:  Most, if not all, of the so-called superheros that actually have no super powers, e.g., Batman, the Green Hornet, the Lone Ranger, are nuts. They are vigilantes operating outside the law and should be locked up.

Take the Lone Ranger. He and his brother were Texas rangers who were ambushed by the Cavendish gang. The Lone Ranger was the only survivor. His sister-in-law was killed by Indians. He owns a silver mine and uses the income from it to wander the west and dispense vigilante justice. This guy seriously needs the attention of a shrink but the action takes place before Freud published.

EDIT: I read that wrong, I see now you're pointing out specifically that the non-super super-heroes tend to be crazy. Carry on. Tongue

Most? What comics are you reading? Blink

X-Men? They're all mutants, and thus super-human (in this case, literally homo superior) by definition.

The Avengers has Iron-Man (super suit), War Machine (super suit), Hawk-Eye (not super), Blackwidow (genetically modified, borderline really), and The Falcon (super suit). Then there is Captain America (super soldier), Thor (literal demigod), Hulk (super human), The Vision (artificial super human), Quicksilver (mutant), Scarlet Witch (mutant), Winter Soldier (super soldier cyborg); and even this is only counting the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The comics have also seen Spider-Man, every member of the Fantastic Four at one point or another, Spider-Woman, She-Hulk, Wolverine, and a cavalcade of other more-than-human members in their long and illustrious roster.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-01-2016, 03:53 PM
(15-01-2016 07:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 06:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The "This Superhero is better than THAT Superhero" crowd is just as dumb as "MY God's dick is bigger than YOUR God's dick" people.

But, there's less of a history of it's adherents killing each other over the argument................

So it's got that going for it.

In other news, subjective tastes are subjective. More news at 11. Rolleyes

Pretty much.. . But even worse -- they're subjective tastes over things which don't even really exist.

Having an opinion is fine.

Having an opinion about stuff that's not even real is just a waste of time...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-01-2016, 04:08 PM
(15-01-2016 06:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The "This Superhero is better than THAT Superhero" crowd is just as dumb as "MY God's dick is bigger than YOUR God's dick" people.

But, there's less of a history of it's adherents killing each other over the argument................

So it's got that going for it.
Yeah except Goku owns Superman Angel

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
15-01-2016, 04:09 PM
(15-01-2016 05:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I never got superheros in general. I've always found them fucking stupid, especially Marvel superheros. However, I think some DC characters can be interesting such as Batman. But they're interesting because of the in-depth psychological twists and turns they do with the bad guys, not because he's a fucking dude dressed as a bat and goes around punching people. I mean the relationship between Batman and the Joker is fucking brilliant. Batman with his rule on absolutely no killing people and Joker with his fucked up mind trying everything to get Batman to kill him. I mean if Joker succeeds in his plans he wins and if Batman kills him the Joker still wins because he corrupts the Batman and the bad-guys win.
It's fucking gold. Why they ruin such character dynamics by smothering it in this 'superhero' shit to appease the retarded teenage boys who cannot appreciate the psychological game of chess going on between those two characters is beyond me. This is why marvel is so particularly shit. It's all superhero shit without the great stories and characters.

Anywho, what was the question again?

I totally agree with you. This relationship between Batman and the bad guys brings more tension to the story. With other superheros it's fucking boring. Who cares if Superman wins, he wins all the time. I often root for the bad guys.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-01-2016, 05:15 PM
(15-01-2016 03:18 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I thought to be a super hero you had to have powers Tongue. Otherwise you are just a hero Big Grin

The super could imply anything exceeding or beyond normal expectations. A hero can donate blood. A Super Hero would come up with a serum that would prevent you from loosing blood all together.

On real word comparison is the Edward Jenner. Inventer of Vaccines. Not only did he make something that saved millions of lives. ANd destroy strong viruses. He gave it away for free. To me that's a real super hero.

... or that or there's always these guys.

[Image: PhoenixJones-PurpleReign-London.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
15-01-2016, 05:19 PM
If Batman had been invented 1000 years or more ago he would have been a god!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post