Batman is an Asshole...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: Batman is an Asshole...
(15-01-2016 05:15 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 03:18 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I thought to be a super hero you had to have powers Tongue. Otherwise you are just a hero Big Grin

The super could imply anything exceeding or beyond normal expectations. A hero can donate blood. A Super Hero would come up with a serum that would prevent you from loosing blood all together.

On real word comparison is the Edward Jenner. Inventer of Vaccines. Not only did he make something that saved millions of lives. ANd destroy strong viruses. He gave it away for free. To me that's a real super hero.
I still hold the view that you need to have a permanent (or triggerable) physiological supernatural aspect to be considered a super hero.

If a drug temporarily gave you super-human abilities, I would call it a drug that allows you to temporarily become like a super hero.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2016, 06:36 PM
(15-01-2016 03:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 07:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  In other news, subjective tastes are subjective. More news at 11. Rolleyes

Pretty much.. . But even worse -- they're subjective tastes over things which don't even really exist.

Having an opinion is fine.

Having an opinion about stuff that's not even real is just a waste of time...

This is retarded.

Quote:I totally agree with you. This relationship between Batman and the bad guys brings more tension to the story. With other superheros it's fucking boring. Who cares if Superman wins, he wins all the time. I often root for the bad guys.

This is another reason I'm not a fan of superheroes, they're so god damn predictable. Allow me to break down every single superhero movie ever:

- Normal dude can't pull the girl because he's too shy/nerdy/much of an asshole all the while she secretly writes love notes in her diary about him.

- Normal dude gets superpowers and immediately bitches about how he doesn't want them (because yea, that's believable... who the fuck wouldn't want super powers?). Old man dude/really nerdy dude who gave him superpowers convinces him he needs to save the world. Normal dude complains he's only a normal dude and flys/runs/fucks off.

- Some bad guy comes along and kidnaps the girl/kills a family member/kills the girls family member/kidnaps the old man/nerd and the normal dude goes through some bullshit "I don't know what to do" scene where he's staring deep at the superhero costume/suit sitting in his bedroom corner.

- He puts it on and goes to fight bad guy. Bad guy initially wins and all seems lost. Lots of despair and shit.

- Good guy finds all the love and the hope and blah blah blah I throw up and goes fight bad guy again. Bad guy get's good guy to point where he's gonna kill him and goes into some rant about some shit giving the good guy time to obviously reach for something and knock the bad guy out.

- Good guy gets the girl.

Predictable. This is what I like about Batman, it has elements of that but there's a lot more too it with the psychological aspect Joker brings to the table messing with Batmans mind and what-not.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
15-01-2016, 06:41 PM
IN BOB WE TRUST!

#sigh
15-01-2016, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 11:34 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-01-2016 03:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 07:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  In other news, subjective tastes are subjective. More news at 11. Rolleyes

Pretty much.. . But even worse -- they're subjective tastes over things which don't even really exist.

Having an opinion is fine.

Having an opinion about stuff that's not even real is just a waste of time...

Not even real?

They're just as 'real' as any other story, real or fiction. Take a true story, change the names of the people involved, does that make the story any less 'real'? Just by the nature of attributing their actions to fictitious avatars, does that in and of itself make their story less compelling? I didn't need Matt Damon or Tom Hanks to become 'real' astronauts to enjoy The Martian or Apollo 13. Thank goodness Alan Rickman didn't have to die for 'real' at the end of Die Hard for that movie to be compelling. Television, film, and video games are each multi-billion dollar industries that employ millions; making the pursuit of the unreal certainly more than 'just a waste of time'.

Humans clearly have the capacity for being emotionally invested in unreal things, it's part of what makes having an imagination fun.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2016, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2016 01:30 AM by 666.)
No.
Batman is a symbol of hope. He gives hope to the world through his strong view against killing in his quest to fight crime and his uncompromising wrath against evil.

Batman is awesome.
16-01-2016, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2016 01:57 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-01-2016 12:51 AM)666 Wrote:  No.
Batman is a symbol of hope. He gives hope to the world through his strong view against killing in his quest to fight crime and his uncompromising wrath against evil.

Batman is awesome.

Have you seen any of the Batman Arkham games? He leaves behind a string of mangled and crippled bodies in his wake, and probability alone would dictate that more than a few of them died from massive trauma. Also those Batmobile tank-mode missile launchers have to be killing people and causing untold collateral damage.

Plus, back to my original point, he'd rather beat up poor people with his bare hands instead of opening up a factory and paying them to do work instead. Every mundane problem he faces would be better solved with his checkbook rather than his fists, and that he chooses to continue using his fists instead (in light of all of the evidence we have in social sciences and his own supposed intelligence), makes him both an asshole and a sadist.

Plus his 'rich mean beating up poor people over dead parents' and 'all of his powers come from his near limitless wealth' shtick are more than a little off-putting in an America that hasn't seen greater wealth inequality since the Gilded Age.

16-01-2016, 02:39 AM
(16-01-2016 01:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 12:51 AM)666 Wrote:  No.

Batman is awesome.

Have you seen any of the Batman Arkham games? He leaves behind a string of mangled and crippled bodies in his wake, and probability alone would dictate that more than a few of them died from massive trauma. Also those Batmobile tank-mode missile launchers have to be killing people and causing untold collateral damage.

Plus, back to my original point, he'd rather beat up poor people with his bare hands instead of opening up a factory and paying them to do work instead. Every mundane problem he faces would be better solved with his checkbook rather than his fists, and that he chooses to continue using his fists instead (in light of all of the evidence we have in social sciences and his own supposed intelligence), makes him both an asshole and a sadist.

Plus his 'rich mean beating up poor people over dead parents' and 'all of his powers come from his near limitless wealth' shtick are more than a little off-putting in an America that hasn't seen greater wealth inequality since the Gilded Age.

I agree that his methods could be improved, his actions may also seem assholish at times but at least he's doing what he can with what he have and he's actually getting the job done. Yes, his methods are not perfect, but that doesn't stop him from achieving the end result - which is eradicating evil from the face of the planet.
Also, I don't think batman is so careless that he intentionally or unintentionally kills innocent civilians.....
16-01-2016, 04:25 AM
(16-01-2016 02:39 AM)666 Wrote:  I agree that his methods could be improved, his actions may also seem assholish at times but at least he's doing what he can with what he have and he's actually getting the job done.

Except, he's not. Part of that is a necessity of the medium, his rogue's gallery wouldn't be as fun if they all were killed off or otherwise locked up for good. But he isn't 'doing what he can', not even close. He has the personal wealth to build and fund the JLA's personal space station, and he can't manage to tackle the problems of Gotham City? We know how poverty and disenfranchisement works, and how to help ameliorate them; and the world's greatest detective can't figure this shit out.

(16-01-2016 02:39 AM)666 Wrote:  Yes, his methods are not perfect, but that doesn't stop him from achieving the end result - which is eradicating evil from the face of the planet.

Nope, not even close. Gotham still has street thugs, he's far from eradicating poverty, let alone something as monolithic as evil.

(16-01-2016 02:39 AM)666 Wrote:  Also, I don't think batman is so careless that he intentionally or unintentionally kills innocent civilians.....

It's not a matter of carelessness, it's a matter of what explosives do to human flesh when they're in close proximity to one another. Or what blunt force trauma does to a human brain being rattled around inside a skull. Or what happens to a human body when it's shoved into an electrified breaker box.

Also, this....

[Image: batman_you_re_a_jerk_by_onyxcarmine-d8p3tjf.png]

Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2016, 04:36 AM
@EK, You're essentially telling me Batman is useless, and Gotham is better left alone without him.

I want you to imagine a Gotham without Batman. Now imagine a Gotham with Batman.
Where would you rather move out with your family given that these are the only 2 options available?
16-01-2016, 04:50 AM
Did you all know that batman is from Liverpool? he can't go anywhere without Robin.