Baton Rouge Metro Area Flooding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Baton Rouge Metro Area Flooding
(13-08-2016 05:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The entire area is devastated. Katrina level devastated. Communities are like islands right. No way in or out.

Did the NWS not see this coming? wtf?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2016, 05:43 PM
(13-08-2016 05:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-08-2016 05:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The entire area is devastated. Katrina level devastated. Communities are like islands right. No way in or out.

Did the NWS not see this coming? wtf?

Not like this. In recorded US history, there has never been a flood of this caliber in this area. Places that have never flooded before are under 6 feet of water.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-08-2016, 05:53 PM
Where are you now? A shelter?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-08-2016, 06:25 PM
We're safe at my in-laws right now.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
13-08-2016, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 06:58 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
(13-08-2016 05:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thank you all. I don't even know what to think. Numb right now. All of our pictures, all of our documents, all our memories are gone. Everything.

We had to evacuate like there was a fire because the water rose so quickly.

We literally only have the clothes we were in. My kids are still in their pajamas from last night because that's all the clothes we have for them.

Sad

There are places that can recover files, photos,etc from hard drives after fires, floods, etc. When you can recover your computers keep them. AND KEEP THEM WET, don't dry them out.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2013504/h...orage.html

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Here is some perspective:

I mentioned earlier today that we took shelter in a church. This church is located at the front of my neighborhood. At the time we took shelter in the church, my house was 6 feet under (literally). The church barely had any water in the parking lot.

This picture was taken 5+ hours ago.

[Image: VeQeQtT.jpg]

My roof might be the only thing visible. I was hoping that the things in the attic would be safe, but I highly doubt that at this point.

The water is suppose to rise until the river crests tomorrow at a new estimated high of 47 feet. Flood levels for the Amite River in Denham are 29 feet.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
14-08-2016, 06:21 AM
please keep us posted when you can.

14-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Maybe when you can, set up a Go Fund Me site so we can help you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-08-2016, 07:59 AM
(13-08-2016 04:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I set up a gofundme account. If you feel compelled to give, I can't thank you enough. We just found out the insurance deductible is considerate. We also don't know when we will get any money for living so this will help with our day to day expenses.

Here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/2jkx4fg

(14-08-2016 07:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Maybe when you can, set up a Go Fund Me site so we can help you.

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
14-08-2016, 02:10 PM
(13-08-2016 04:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I set up a gofundme account. If you feel compelled to give, I can't thank you enough. We just found out the insurance deductible is considerate. We also don't know when we will get any money for living so this will help with our day to day expenses.

Here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/2jkx4fg

I don't get paid for a few more days, and I don't make much but...I'll send you guys what I can!! I can't imagine losing everything like that, but at the least you still have what is most important.

<3

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post