Baton Rouge Metro Area Flooding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 05:00 PM
RE: Baton Rouge Metro Area Flooding
(15-08-2016 10:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We started cleaning and gutting today. Getting up tomorrow to get back at it.

Can't wait to work in the boiling heat... again.

[Image: 6ogPlGN.jpg]

[Image: Xq1vHHm.jpg]

Isn’t the insurance company supposed to assess the damage before you start demo?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-08-2016, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 05:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-08-2016 05:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 10:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  We started cleaning and gutting today. Getting up tomorrow to get back at it.

Can't wait to work in the boiling heat... again.

[Image: 6ogPlGN.jpg]

[Image: Xq1vHHm.jpg]

Isn’t the insurance company supposed to assess the damage before you start demo?

Call your insurance agent post haste and get an adjuster out there before you start doing anything. What are you? Stupid? .... It's not your fault if you are. It was predestined. .... Well that and your Louisiana education.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-08-2016, 05:48 PM
From what we were told by insurance during our situation we were to do whatever we had to in order to prevent further damage. For us that meant removing carpet (to prevent mold since there was no way to remove all the glass) and boarding up windows. But I was snapping pics of everything every step of the way...as you guys are already aware.

For us this also meant that we poked holes in the sheetrock to allow water to drain so it wouldn't collapse.

Document, document, document!

My husband did call insurance the night of the storm just to get our name in the queue.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
16-08-2016, 08:28 PM
(12-08-2016 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This came out of nowhere. Places that have never flooded before are under water. The metro area has been through Andrew, Katrina, Gustav, Rita, etc. and has never seen this caliber of water.

Rivers are at record highs and we're still supposed to get 20 to 30 more inches.

Many of the people I know have lost their houses to flooding. Right now the water is creeping closer and closer. The water in my back yard is around 9-10 feet deep and slowly coming up the incline.

When the rivers crest (as I live next to the Amite) I fear we're probably going to be flooded.

The worst part is that we are trapped and can't evacuate because all the roads and bridges are under water.

Yay for Louisiana.
Say man, Howd you make out with the water? I'm just seeing this post now. Been stuck for four days. Water's going down in most places now.

You and yours good?

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
16-08-2016, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 09:57 PM by evenheathen.)
Damn KC, I just caught this thread. Glad to hear you all made it out safely. Wish you all the best with the cleanup and rebuilding. Stay safe brother.

You as well, pops.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
16-08-2016, 09:08 PM
(16-08-2016 08:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 04:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This came out of nowhere. Places that have never flooded before are under water. The metro area has been through Andrew, Katrina, Gustav, Rita, etc. and has never seen this caliber of water.

Rivers are at record highs and we're still supposed to get 20 to 30 more inches.

Many of the people I know have lost their houses to flooding. Right now the water is creeping closer and closer. The water in my back yard is around 9-10 feet deep and slowly coming up the incline.

When the rivers crest (as I live next to the Amite) I fear we're probably going to be flooded.

The worst part is that we are trapped and can't evacuate because all the roads and bridges are under water.

Yay for Louisiana.
Say man, Howd you make out with the water? I'm just seeing this post now. Been stuck for four days. Water's going down in most places now.

You and yours good?

Pops, were you caught in this flood too?
16-08-2016, 09:16 PM
(16-08-2016 09:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 08:28 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Say man, Howd you make out with the water? I'm just seeing this post now. Been stuck for four days. Water's going down in most places now.

You and yours good?

Pops, were you caught in this flood too?
Yeah. I was stuck on my street for a few days with no electricity and crap for food, but that was the worst of it for me personally. My sisters house flooded completely. Pretty much every one around me flooded. People were stuck where ever they were at. I thought my kid might have gotten stuck on the interstate because they turned into little islands about the time the baby's momma decided to evacuate, but they just did make it to where they were going, thankfully.

[+] 6 users Like popsthebuilder's post
16-08-2016, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 09:24 PM by pablo.)
(16-08-2016 09:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 09:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  Pops, were you caught in this flood too?
Yeah. I was stuck on my street for a few days with no electricity and crap for food, but that was the worst of it for me personally. My sisters house flooded completely. Pretty much every one around me flooded. People were stuck where ever they were at. I thought my kid might have gotten stuck on the interstate because they turned into little islands about the time the baby's momma decided to evacuate, but they just did make it to where they were going, thankfully.

Glad everyone made it through ok. Hope you can get back to normal soon.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
16-08-2016, 09:44 PM
(16-08-2016 09:19 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 09:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah. I was stuck on my street for a few days with no electricity and crap for food, but that was the worst of it for me personally. My sisters house flooded completely. Pretty much every one around me flooded. People were stuck where ever they were at. I thought my kid might have gotten stuck on the interstate because they turned into little islands about the time the baby's momma decided to evacuate, but they just did make it to where they were going, thankfully.

Glad everyone made it through ok. Hope you can get back to normal soon.
Thank you.

[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
17-08-2016, 04:48 AM
Hey Kingsy and Pops

Only found this thread now. Glad you guys are OK... And wish you luck for the rebuild Smile Cheers - Dog

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.