Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 05:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville
(08-07-2016 04:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I do not understand how with all the protests and negative media coverage of how Police have been shooting unarmed/unthreatening black men this shit is STILL happening.

Extremely poor screening of who is and isn't mentally equipped to be a cop. And low pay.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-07-2016, 05:49 PM
(08-07-2016 04:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  BRPDHQ is being protested right now. They are shutting down the mall tomorrow. I don't think that has ever happened.

There is a whole section of downtown Dallas they are saying will be closed till Wednesday.

I would say that whatever precautions are being taken in BR are a good thing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-07-2016, 06:27 PM
(08-07-2016 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 04:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I do not understand how with all the protests and negative media coverage of how Police have been shooting unarmed/unthreatening black men this shit is STILL happening.

Extremely poor screening of who is and isn't mentally equipped to be a cop. And low pay.

Low pay is not an excuse.
You really think if cops got double the wages they do now they'd never shoot anyone and still be fully capable of showing good judgement and restraint?

As you said, it comes down to poor screening as well as poor training and culture. Both culture in the wider community and police culture among themselves.

The police culture to protect their own and never admit fault is reminiscent of how the Catholic church handles pedophile priests.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
08-07-2016, 06:32 PM
(08-07-2016 06:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Extremely poor screening of who is and isn't mentally equipped to be a cop. And low pay.

You really think if cops got double the wages they do now they'd never shoot anyone and still be fully capable of showing good judgement and restraint?

As you said, it comes down to poor screening as well as poor training and culture. Both culture in the wider community and police culture among themselves.

The police culture to protect their own and never admit fault is reminiscent of how the Catholic church handles pedophile priests.

The Low Pay limits the applicants rather than raising the pay would make the current cops better.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-07-2016, 06:36 PM
(08-07-2016 06:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Extremely poor screening of who is and isn't mentally equipped to be a cop. And low pay.

What Rev said. The low pay does not attract those applicants who are likely to be best suited for the job.

#sigh
08-07-2016, 07:02 PM
(08-07-2016 06:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What Rev said. The low pay does not attract those applicants who are likely to be best suited for the job.

So, how much would they have to pay you to be a cop?

"They think, therefore I am" - god
08-07-2016, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 07:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-07-2016 07:02 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 06:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What Rev said. The low pay does not attract those applicants who are likely to be best suited for the job.

So, how much would they have to pay you to be a cop?

I am not mentally equipped. I guess I could do some IT or office work or look through microscopes and write a computer program here and there and start a sumo group or something. Given that I am 2 years away from a federal pension, it would take a fucking lot. With great benefits.

#sigh
08-07-2016, 07:30 PM
(08-07-2016 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

The salaries for police in Massachusetts are not low. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2016, 07:33 PM
(08-07-2016 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 07:02 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  So, how much would they have to pay you to be a cop?

I am not mentally equipped. I guess I could do some IT or office work or look through microscopes and write a computer program here and there and start a sumo group or something. Given that I am 2 years away from a federal pension, it would take a fucking lot. With great benefits.

Ergo, even with a decent salary, one would probably 'want to be a cop', and that would still bring in the 'gung-ho lez kill 'em all and let god sort out the mess', mentality. With decent pay, maybe even more.

I do not want to be a cop.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
08-07-2016, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 07:36 PM by Brian37.)
(08-07-2016 04:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is this the same thing as what Vosur posted?

I do not understand how with all the protests and negative media coverage of how Police have been shooting unarmed/unthreatening black men this shit is STILL happening.

Three letters, N and R and A. Three more letters, G and O and P.

That's why we keep seeing this shit, and mass shootings year after year, and hearing local stories about mentally ill gun worshiping moms murder their daughters. Why we hear about a dad killing his son at a gun range. Why we hear about little girls shooting their instructors with an Uzi. Why we hear about kids accidentally killing themselves or shooting someone else in the home.

The gun factories love gun violence, gun violence sells guns. So they pay the NRA to scare the shit out of paranoid white right wingers, they scare the cops into being trained to shoot first and they scare everyone about blacks, who end up fearing cops.

Same marketing scam Daffy Duck did pitting Foghorn against the beagle. Create a needless problem that does not have to exist, you get to sell your boobie trap products to all sides. More death, more gun sales to all sides.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post