Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville
(08-07-2016 07:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 04:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is this the same thing as what Vosur posted?

I do not understand how with all the protests and negative media coverage of how Police have been shooting unarmed/unthreatening black men this shit is STILL happening.

Three letters, N and R and A. Three more letters, G and O and P.

And if they take all our guns away, the cops will quit shooting the unarmed public?

"They think, therefore I am" - god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2016, 07:45 PM
(08-07-2016 07:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Extremely poor screening of who is and isn't mentally equipped to be a cop. And low pay.

The salaries for police in Massachusetts are not low. Consider

I'm taking this Data Science Specialization from JHU and need a capstone project. Do higher police salaries decrease the levels of reported police violence? Null hypothesis: they don't. ... gotta define "salary" and "violence" and a whole shitload of other shit but this might be a keeper. Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-07-2016, 07:53 PM
(08-07-2016 07:33 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am not mentally equipped. I guess I could do some IT or office work or look through microscopes and write a computer program here and there and start a sumo group or something. Given that I am 2 years away from a federal pension, it would take a fucking lot. With great benefits.

Ergo, even with a decent salary, one would probably 'want to be a cop', and that would still bring in the 'gung-ho lez kill 'em all and let god sort out the mess', mentality.

Those are precisely the dudes the shrinks need to weed out. They need to be disqualified. How to detect this? Who the fuck knows? They are very very few but they are very very damaging to the image of police. Particularly among minorities.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-07-2016, 08:51 PM
(08-07-2016 07:36 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 07:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Three letters, N and R and A. Three more letters, G and O and P.

And if they take all our guns away, the cops will quit shooting the unarmed public?

Ya gotta remember -- Brian only knows one tune.............

If aliens came down out of the sky - and started eating all the children in the world -- he'd blame the NRA and gun manufacturers..................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
09-07-2016, 12:57 AM
(08-07-2016 04:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is this the same thing as what Vosur posted?

I do not understand how with all the protests and negative media coverage of how Police have been shooting unarmed/unthreatening black men this shit is STILL happening.

In a phrase, racial profiling.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-07-2016, 03:02 AM
(08-07-2016 08:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  [...] If aliens came down out of the sky - and started eating all the children in the world -- he'd blame the NRA and gun manufacturers..................

I'd guess that with 3 million members, the NRA is at the least partially responsible—as a political lobby group—for the existence of the 360 million guns in the US (as of 2013). More guns than people FFS.

And in 2009 (according to the ATF) gun manufacturers produced 5.6 million guns. In the next four years, their annual production had nearly doubled, up to 10.9 million guns in 2013.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
09-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Wasn't there some story a few weeks / months ago about cops intentionally vandalizing their dashboard cameras etc so as not to be incriminated? Bloody cure is worse than the disease!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-07-2016, 08:44 AM
(09-07-2016 03:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Wasn't there some story a few weeks / months ago about cops intentionally vandalizing their dashboard cameras etc so as not to be incriminated? Bloody cure is worse than the disease!

That would be Chicago, something like 80% of all the dash cams were missing audio due to "officer error" or being sabotaged by officers.

Glanced through the topic, and pay varies. I know one department in PA in a rich neighborhood that pays like 80k a year to their cops, mainly for patrol to keep the riff raff like me out. PA State Troopers make as much coming out of their academy, which only requires 60 college credits to apply for, as I do now after 12 years and 3 degrees in higher ed. Another interesting thing not yet brought up, is that courts have said you can discriminate in the hiring process, against people with too high of an IQ.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
10-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Outside a couple of arrests of a few, I see no evidence that city got burnt to the ground. I am fucking sick of the paranoid right taking the few and conflating it to all the protesters.

I've seen far more bullshit riots after college football games and and hockey games and other pro sports.

Nobody wants violence, but it is absolutely bullshit to ignore the causes that lead to the few that might. You cant simply keep kicking someone in the nuts and expect them not to react.

The solution is to stop fucking claiming it's all in their heads, and FUCKING LISTEN. The other solution is the economy. And the biggest cause is decades of GOP/NRA fear peddling.

So where is this shit storm in BR? Dallas was a "shitstorm" but even then, only ONE person was involved, the rest of the protesters DID NOT shoot cops.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-07-2016, 02:48 PM
(10-07-2016 08:44 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Another interesting thing not yet brought up, is that courts have said you can discriminate in the hiring process, against people with too high of an IQ.

And yet when incidents like the OP occur it's all about how they need more *training* Laugh out load Ain't no point in training if ye braincells aren't firing in the first place. God that's funny and sad at the same time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post