Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville
So you want to give the cops water balloons to go out there with? What...who do we disarm first? What's your plan?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2016, 07:01 PM
(10-07-2016 06:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So you want to give the cops water balloons to go out there with? What...who do we disarm first? What's your plan?

Nope, can't have it both ways. Cant say you want cops armed then claim you need yours because you fear an over zealous government.

The same anti government fear mongers also support cops, and to those morons I ask, who the fuck do you think pays those cops OUR GOVERNMENT.

Now again, this bullshit fear peddling is coming from the GOP/NRA. The hypocrisy really reared it's ugly head this time in a couple of ways.

When the tea party nuts held the bird sanctuary hostage, the anti government gun nuts were praising them as "patriots". But, when a black guy is angry about government killing blacks needlessly, he's a "thug". Well the truth of any mass shooter regardless of political or religious or mental illness, or a combo of overlap and mental illness, is you have to be mentally disturbed to want to commit mass murder with a gun, regardless of motive. So if you are for cops, why would you want to have to send them out on a daily basis, to assume the worst and assume everyone is dangerous and might have gun? That's a shitload of stress on them, or do you care about cops or not?

The biggest hypocrisy of the anti government gun nuts is they buy the bullshit mantra "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun" well here you have 5 good guys who all had guns and still died.

Cant have it both ways, you cant be anti government and pro government at the same time. I am pro government, not blind tough, but not paranoid to the point that if something goes wrong, I have to start a revolution. As if you could anyway.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2016, 07:06 PM
What.....is.....your......plan?

Obviously you don't want anyone to have guns. What is your plan to make that happen?

What is your proposed plan?

It's a simple question.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-07-2016, 07:21 PM
(10-07-2016 06:29 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 03:38 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  OK DUMBASS, then guns are not the problem. How many guns did Timothy McVeigh use? How many guns did Marshall Applewhite and Bonnie Nettles use.

As to the unwarranted ad hominem, what the fuck is your problem DICKHEAD? No one is allowed to disagree with you? Well tough fucking shit!

Bullshit. "People will always find ways to murder other people"

No shit McFly, so your argument is since people will always commit murder, lets not have gun laws? Yea see moron, we have far more gun deaths than bombings. Guns are far easier to use, and harder to track, and easier to throw away never to be found. When someone sets off a bomb, it leaves a chemical trace and parts.

Fuck you asshole. We also will always have car accidents too, but when we do, we investigate them, and be it the driver, or the road itself, but especially if it is a mechanical defect, we TRY to improve those conditions so they get reduced.

Nope not buying it.

Just say you love having a gun. That I would believe. But don't hand me any bullshit that you really care about reducing gun deaths if your answers are "sell more" and "do nothing".

When I hear gun worshipers say "Rights" what they really mean is "Gun's life's matter".

Oh certainly you are allowed to disagree, and I am also allowed to tell you you are full of shit. Offended? I think 5 dead cops 2 dead black guys and 49 dead gays have far more of a right to be offended than you do. But who gives a fuck, as long as you always get what you want.

Yes it was an ad homin, If you think that is far worse than being murdered with a gun someone shouldn't have gotten their hands on, then to me, your priorities suck as a human being.

You are a dick. Just fuck off! Power to the people! The purpose of the 2nd amendment is that the people may protect themselves. All hail the 2nd amendment. They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post
10-07-2016, 07:23 PM
(10-07-2016 07:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What.....is.....your......plan?

Obviously you don't want anyone to have guns. What is your plan to make that happen?

It's a simple question.

I defy you to show me in ANY of my posts in this thread or anywhere else about guns on this site where I have said "I want to ban all guns and take away every single one" SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE EVER SAID THOSE EXACT WORDS.

You wont find that anywhere, so knock it off.

I do however, think our society's attitudes about them lacks pragmatism. Just like we shouldn't want to murder billions of Muslims, but yet we certainly are concerned with how far too many view the object they worship they call the Quran.

NO I AM NOT out to rid society of every single firearm. But I don't think "no record" at time of buy is a good enough vetting system. But no, you don't need weapons of war or big clips.

I'd be fine with hunting riffles or a shotgun, and a hand gun with limited bullets for home protection, after you've been vetted, not just legal at time of buy, put pass not only safety training but like a drivers licence, re train and psych eval and yearly record check. Limits on the amount you own and limits on the amount of ammunition you have.

Now please STOP confusing a REGULATION, which is also a word in the 2nd Amendment as being the same as an all out ban on every single firearm.

Only you are stupidly and falsely and childishly accusing me of wanting to remove all firearms from the country.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
10-07-2016, 07:29 PM
(10-07-2016 07:23 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What.....is.....your......plan?

It's a simple question.

I defy you to show me in ANY of my posts in this thread or anywhere else about guns on this site where I have said "I want to ban all guns and take away every single one" SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE EVER SAID THOSE EXACT WORDS.

You wont find that anywhere, so knock it off.

I do however, think our society's attitudes about them lacks pragmatism. Just like we shouldn't want to murder billions of Muslims, but yet we certainly are concerned with how far too many view the object they worship they call the Quran.

NO I AM NOT out to rid society of every single firearm. But I don't think "no record" at time of buy is a good enough vetting system. But no, you don't need weapons of war or big clips.

I'd be fine with hunting riffles or a shotgun, and a hand gun with limited bullets for home protection, after you've been vetted, not just legal at time of buy, put pass not only safety training but like a drivers licence, re train and psych eval and yearly record check. Limits on the amount you own and limits on the amount of ammunition you have.

Now please STOP confusing a REGULATION, which is also a word in the 2nd Amendment as being the same as an all out ban on every single firearm.

Only you are stupidly and falsely and childishly accusing me of wanting to remove all firearms from the country.

What is your plan? What do you want to see happen?

You are being stupid here. What is your plan of action to make these shootings stop? What the fuck is your plan you pompous fucking ass?

I am asking what you think is the solution. You go all Yosemite Sam and don't answer. What is your proposal to fix the problem?

If you don't have one, just say so. If you do have one, I would like to hear what it is.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-07-2016, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 07:43 PM by Brian37.)
(10-07-2016 07:21 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 06:29 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Bullshit. "People will always find ways to murder other people"

No shit McFly, so your argument is since people will always commit murder, lets not have gun laws? Yea see moron, we have far more gun deaths than bombings. Guns are far easier to use, and harder to track, and easier to throw away never to be found. When someone sets off a bomb, it leaves a chemical trace and parts.

Fuck you asshole. We also will always have car accidents too, but when we do, we investigate them, and be it the driver, or the road itself, but especially if it is a mechanical defect, we TRY to improve those conditions so they get reduced.

Nope not buying it.

Just say you love having a gun. That I would believe. But don't hand me any bullshit that you really care about reducing gun deaths if your answers are "sell more" and "do nothing".

When I hear gun worshipers say "Rights" what they really mean is "Gun's life's matter".

Oh certainly you are allowed to disagree, and I am also allowed to tell you you are full of shit. Offended? I think 5 dead cops 2 dead black guys and 49 dead gays have far more of a right to be offended than you do. But who gives a fuck, as long as you always get what you want.

Yes it was an ad homin, If you think that is far worse than being murdered with a gun someone shouldn't have gotten their hands on, then to me, your priorities suck as a human being.

You are a dick. Just fuck off! Power to the people! The purpose of the 2nd amendment is that the people may protect themselves. All hail the 2nd amendment. They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.

"Cold dead hands", translation, "I'm not worried about my rights, I am simply projecting my own human qualities on an object, and treating it as if it were human like my own baby".

Ok fine, you want to pretend you are Jefferson or Washington? You can have a musket. That's what you should have if you are going to call yourself a strict Constitutionalist. Otherwise you should know that our laws with all technology have always adapted with changing technology.

But even if you are still insisting on being a paranoid Rambo wannabe, ok fine, you can have your Ar-15, but the government will still have tanks and drones and jets. So unless you think private citizens should have nuclear weapons, because those are "arms" too, you are still fucked.

Oh and look up the "Whisky Rebellion" Even Washington did the same thing to civil unrest with a REAL militia that Obama did with the Snack Patriots. Just like the Whiskey makers of Washington's time they too thought like you, "big bad gov" but they wised up before Washington's REAL militia showed up and disbanded before they showed up.

You play patriot like a child if you wish, but if you stupidly think those who vote to change our gun laws are seriously out to get you, you need to grow up and stop being a fucking brat.

10-07-2016, 07:37 PM
I know that both the men killed by police had guns. I do blame the gun culture for these and many other murders, accidental shootings, suicides. No, I don't have an inkling of an answer either. It will likely not be solved in my lifetime.
10-07-2016, 07:46 PM
(10-07-2016 07:37 PM)skyking Wrote:  I know that both the men killed by police had guns. I do blame the gun culture for these and many other murders, accidental shootings, suicides. No, I don't have an inkling of an answer either. It will likely not be solved in my lifetime.

No, it is changing, this was almost 40 years in the making, but, I do see a huge uptick, in impatience with the status qoe. Especially Orlando, and the two dead black guys and 5 dead cops in less than a month. I don't think it will change overnight either, but I don't see things staying the same either.

10-07-2016, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 08:02 PM by Brian37.)
(10-07-2016 07:37 PM)skyking Wrote:  I know that both the men killed by police had guns. I do blame the gun culture for these and many other murders, accidental shootings, suicides. No, I don't have an inkling of an answer either. It will likely not be solved in my lifetime.

No, one we do know had a legal permit. and the guy on the ground, had a cop on his chest and had his arms pinned down at the time the other shot him. It would seem to me with two cops on one guy, if he did have a gun, because I saw no evidence in that video after the cops got up of one. Why didn't they shoot him in the hand they thought had the gun? And why didn't they have any non lethal option like a tazer or mace? Because I can show you videos of white guys who had guns and were disarmed without killing them.

Now when you say "gun culture" do you just mean blacks or do you mean whites as well, because any gun worshiper urban or rural who thinks walking around in public with a firearm is "manly" is stupid to me. Unless you have a lagit reason like a job, or hunting, I think you should leave it at home securely locked up away from kids.