Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville
(08-07-2016 07:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 04:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is this the same thing as what Vosur posted?

I do not understand how with all the protests and negative media coverage of how Police have been shooting unarmed/unthreatening black men this shit is STILL happening.

Three letters, N and R and A.

Every fucking thread involved in anyway with guns.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Well Brian...I assume this means you have no plan.

As I suspected...you just want to rant and rave when asked a serious question.

Carry on.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-07-2016, 08:26 PM
(10-07-2016 07:57 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:37 PM)skyking Wrote:  I know that both the men killed by police had guns. I do blame the gun culture for these and many other murders, accidental shootings, suicides. No, I don't have an inkling of an answer either. It will likely not be solved in my lifetime.

No, one we do know had a legal permit. and the guy on the ground, had a cop on his chest and had his arms pinned down at the time the other shot him. It would seem to me with two cops on one guy, if he did have a gun, because I saw no evidence in that video after the cops got up of one. Why didn't they shoot him in the hand they thought had the gun? And why didn't they have any non lethal option like a tazer or mace? Because I can show you videos of white guys who had guns and were disarmed without killing them.

Now when you say "gun culture" do you just mean blacks or do you mean whites as well, because any gun worshiper urban or rural who thinks walking around in public with a firearm is "manly" is stupid to me. Unless you have a lagit reason like a job, or hunting, I think you should leave it at home securely locked up away from kids.
Please, take the time to be sure before you say "no". The video was just a video.
You come off as badly, no need for that. The guy in Baton Rouge, he was being contacted by the police because a homeless guy kept hitting him up for change and he told him to step off, and showed his gun. He had a gun. It contributed to his death. The police were there to contact a suspect with a gun.
10-07-2016, 08:28 PM
(10-07-2016 08:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well Brian...I assume this means you have no plan.

Carry on.

I tried everything in another thread short of setting my damn self on fire to get his attention and address the criticism and questions I raised but his interest in the subject seemed to start and stop at being hysterical and just going on long pointless rants.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
10-07-2016, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 08:32 PM by Brian37.)
(10-07-2016 07:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:23 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I defy you to show me in ANY of my posts in this thread or anywhere else about guns on this site where I have said "I want to ban all guns and take away every single one" SHOW ME WHERE I HAVE EVER SAID THOSE EXACT WORDS.

You wont find that anywhere, so knock it off.

I do however, think our society's attitudes about them lacks pragmatism. Just like we shouldn't want to murder billions of Muslims, but yet we certainly are concerned with how far too many view the object they worship they call the Quran.

NO I AM NOT out to rid society of every single firearm. But I don't think "no record" at time of buy is a good enough vetting system. But no, you don't need weapons of war or big clips.

I'd be fine with hunting riffles or a shotgun, and a hand gun with limited bullets for home protection, after you've been vetted, not just legal at time of buy, put pass not only safety training but like a drivers licence, re train and psych eval and yearly record check. Limits on the amount you own and limits on the amount of ammunition you have.

Now please STOP confusing a REGULATION, which is also a word in the 2nd Amendment as being the same as an all out ban on every single firearm.

Only you are stupidly and falsely and childishly accusing me of wanting to remove all firearms from the country.

What is your plan? What do you want to see happen?

You are being stupid here. What is your plan of action to make these shootings stop? What the fuck is your plan you pompous fucking ass?

I am asking what you think is the solution. You go all Yosemite Sam and don't answer. What is your proposal to fix the problem?

If you don't have one, just say so. If you do have one, I would like to hear what it is.

1. Have the NRA stop it's fear marketing.
2. Have the GOP also stop it's fear marketing.

Beyond that.

I have in my prior posts given you a few ideas.

No assault riffles, and don't hand my any crap about switches. Not even the inventors of the Ar-15 intended them for civilian use.

No big clips. 6 to 8 for handguns and 8 for riffles.

No hording, limit 2 to 4 at best per home. Nobody needs a fucking arsenal.

Limits on ammunition. Have technology change to traceable ammunition so in case the weapon isn't found after a violent crime or murder the bullets and casings can be. You do want murder's caught don't you?

Certification training, not just target shooting, but stress training as well. Yearly or bi yearly certification.

Bans on domestic abusers owning them. You don't think someone who beats their wife or kids should have them, do you?

Bans on those with mentally ill living in the home. Sorry, but we just had a soccer mom gun nut in Texas murder both her daughters. Not to mention the Newton mother had no business having them in her house, before he shot all those kids, he murdered his mother with her guns.

Certification that you have a gun safe, not a stupid shoddy glass case, but a gun safe that you can lock it up in.

Periodic yearly or bi yearly re training and psyc eval. People can be legal at time of buy and suffer trauma, stress and depression. Most gun deaths are suicides anyway. I am sure their families wish someone professional could have stepped in.

Make less, now that isn't saying never make any at all ever again, just less. Because we do already have way more than enough, that even if we stopped making them right now, the guns would still be sold.

Universal background checks, 7 day waiting period.

No gun show loophole.

No open or concealed carry UNLESS you have a job that requires it, like a bouncer, body guard or off duty police or military. If you are civilian with no job that requires that, and need to transport your LEGAL firearm in your car. It is kept in a locked case in the glove box or in the back seat or trunk and must be declared if pulled over at the time of being asked for your licence.

Those are just a few of my ideas.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-07-2016, 08:30 PM
(10-07-2016 08:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well Brian...I assume this means you have no plan.

Carry on.

I tried everything in another thread short of setting my damn self on fire to get his attention and address the criticism and questions I raised but his interest in the subject seemed to start and stop at being hysterical and just going on long pointless rants.

Like I said...he goes all Yosemite Sam...hope that's not too American as a pop-culture reference.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-07-2016, 08:42 PM
(10-07-2016 08:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Carry on.

Bullshit, gun safety advocates DO have plans, gun worshipers always say "we just need to keep them out of the wrong hands" then when WE agree with you, you idiots scream at any suggestions.

Just like the GOP screamed when the ACA was made law, forgetting to tell the public it was modeled after Mitt Romney's state plan.

Now scroll up, I made a list. Unfortunately I think you will poo poo most of that list if not all of it. Which will once again prove that this isn't about rights, and especially not keeping them out of the wrong hands, but mere selfish worship of an object.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
10-07-2016, 08:45 PM
(10-07-2016 08:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:28 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I tried everything in another thread short of setting my damn self on fire to get his attention and address the criticism and questions I raised but his interest in the subject seemed to start and stop at being hysterical and just going on long pointless rants.

Like I said...he goes all Yosemite Sam...hope that's not too American as a pop-culture reference.

No, Yosemite Sam would be the GOP/NRA. Not me, he likes guns everywhere without regards as to whom he shoots or where he shoots. I do care where guns end up and who has them.

10-07-2016, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2016 09:00 PM by Anjele.)
I agree with many of your ideas.

There are some good places to start there.

Of course, none of them will prevent everything. People flip their shit frequently who have no previous history of mental or emotional disturbances. Every heard of a 'crime of passion'? People do get pushed...people do snap. And exactly what mental illnesses disqualify someone? Everything in the DSM?

However, your repetition of the phrase 'gun worshipper' is over the top like so many of your other snarky remarks.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-07-2016, 09:52 PM
(10-07-2016 08:29 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What is your plan? What do you want to see happen?

You are being stupid here. What is your plan of action to make these shootings stop? What the fuck is your plan you pompous fucking ass?

I am asking what you think is the solution. You go all Yosemite Sam and don't answer. What is your proposal to fix the problem?

If you don't have one, just say so. If you do have one, I would like to hear what it is.

1. Have the NRA stop it's fear marketing.
2. Have the GOP also stop it's fear marketing.

Beyond that.

I have in my prior posts given you a few ideas.

No assault riffles, and don't hand my any crap about switches.

Assault rifles are full automatic. Almost no civilians have them.

Quote:Not even the inventors of the AR-15 intended them for civilian use.

That may be true but is rather pointless. The inventors of the AR-10 were aiming for a military market; the rifle was submitted to the U.S. military but was rejected in favor of the M-14 design.
Colt bought the design and successfully sold it to the military as the M-16. They concurrently developed the semi-automatic version for non-military use.

Quote:No big clips. 6 to 8 for handguns and 8 for riffles.

The term you want is magazine. A clip hold cartridges for loading into a magazine.
[Image: 34538Stripper_Clip_Loading.jpg]

Quote:No hording, limit 2 to 4 at best per home. Nobody needs a fucking arsenal.

What problem does this address?

Quote:Limits on ammunition.

Quote:Have technology change to traceable ammunition so in case the weapon isn't found after a violent crime or murder the bullets and casings can be. You do want murder's caught don't you?

That technology does not exist. Who will develop it?

Quote:Certification training, not just target shooting, but stress training as well. Yearly or bi yearly certification.

While training is an excellent idea, that recertification schedule is overkill.

Quote:Bans on domestic abusers owning them. You don't think someone who beats their wife or kids should have them, do you?

Already the law in many places.

Quote:Bans on those with mentally ill living in the home. Sorry, but we just had a soccer mom gun nut in Texas murder both her daughters. Not to mention the Newton mother had no business having them in her house, before he shot all those kids, he murdered his mother with her guns.

How about requiring the firearms be locked up?

Quote:Certification that you have a gun safe, not a stupid shoddy glass case, but a gun safe that you can lock it up in.

Not unreasonable, though there are secure steel cabinets that aren't gun safes that serve the purpose.

Quote:Periodic yearly or bi yearly re training and psyc eval. People can be legal at time of buy and suffer trauma, stress and depression.

Again, this seems to be overkill.

Quote:Most gun deaths are suicides anyway. I am sure their families wish someone professional could have stepped in.

People have the right to end their own lives.

Quote:Make less, now that isn't saying never make any at all ever again, just less.

Quote:Because we do already have way more than enough, that even if we stopped making them right now, the guns would still be sold.

Universal background checks, 7 day waiting period.

Quote:No gun show loophole.

Please define "gun show loophole".

Quote:No open or concealed carry UNLESS you have a job that requires it, like a bouncer, body guard or off duty police or military.

Have you actually met any actual bouncers? I sure as hell don't want them armed.
Bodyguards? So only the wealthy can be protected?
Why does an off-duty police officer need a gun if no one else does?
The same goes for military personnel.

Quote:If you are civilian with no job that requires that, and need to transport your LEGAL firearm in your car. It is kept in a locked case in the glove box or in the back seat or trunk and must be declared if pulled over at the time of being asked for your licence.

Federal law requires that when passing through a state for which one is not licensed to carry, except the back seat is not secure and is not allowed.

Quote:Those are just a few of my ideas.

While much of that is reasonable, much is not, and some you give no reason for.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post