Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Baton Rouge is about to become Batshit Townville
(11-07-2016 05:42 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Anyway....

[Image: Power%2BWoman.jpg]

Don't they risk heat stroke? I have been to Baton Rouge in the summer. It was not pleasant.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 05:21 AM
(11-07-2016 09:46 PM)tomilay Wrote:  

Don't they risk heat stroke? I have been to Baton Rouge in the summer. It was not pleasant.

My ex and I rode south several years ago -- in August....... I was like riding in a blast furnace that somebody was boiling cabbage in................... Originally, we were going to go to New Orleans - but only got a few hours south of the Arkansas state line before we gave up and headed back north....

I guess you get used to it --- or you live indoors................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-07-2016, 05:29 AM
(12-07-2016 05:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 09:46 PM)tomilay Wrote:  Don't they risk heat stroke? I have been to Baton Rouge in the summer. It was not pleasant.

My ex and I rode south several years ago -- in August....... I was like riding in a blast furnace that somebody was boiling cabbage in................... Originally, we were going to go to New Orleans - but only got a few hours south of the Arkansas state line before we gave up and headed back north....

You have to chew the air before breathing it.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
12-07-2016, 05:59 AM
(12-07-2016 05:29 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 05:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My ex and I rode south several years ago -- in August....... I was like riding in a blast furnace that somebody was boiling cabbage in................... Originally, we were going to go to New Orleans - but only got a few hours south of the Arkansas state line before we gave up and headed back north....

You have to chew the air before breathing it.

just about right...

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-07-2016, 10:45 AM
(11-07-2016 09:46 PM)tomilay Wrote:  

Yeah, it's pretty terrible right now. If you're outside for more than 30 seconds you start getting drenched in sweat. The humidity right now is bad.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-07-2016, 12:29 PM
(10-07-2016 08:29 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What is your plan? What do you want to see happen?

You are being stupid here. What is your plan of action to make these shootings stop? What the fuck is your plan you pompous fucking ass?

I am asking what you think is the solution. You go all Yosemite Sam and don't answer. What is your proposal to fix the problem?

If you don't have one, just say so. If you do have one, I would like to hear what it is.

1. Have the NRA stop it's fear marketing.
2. Have the GOP also stop it's fear marketing.

Beyond that.

I have in my prior posts given you a few ideas.

No assault riffles, and don't hand my any crap about switches. Not even the inventors of the Ar-15 intended them for civilian use.

No big clips. 6 to 8 for handguns and 8 for riffles.

No hording, limit 2 to 4 at best per home. Nobody needs a fucking arsenal.

Limits on ammunition. Have technology change to traceable ammunition so in case the weapon isn't found after a violent crime or murder the bullets and casings can be. You do want murder's caught don't you?

Certification training, not just target shooting, but stress training as well. Yearly or bi yearly certification.

Bans on domestic abusers owning them. You don't think someone who beats their wife or kids should have them, do you?

Bans on those with mentally ill living in the home. Sorry, but we just had a soccer mom gun nut in Texas murder both her daughters. Not to mention the Newton mother had no business having them in her house, before he shot all those kids, he murdered his mother with her guns.

Certification that you have a gun safe, not a stupid shoddy glass case, but a gun safe that you can lock it up in.

Periodic yearly or bi yearly re training and psyc eval. People can be legal at time of buy and suffer trauma, stress and depression. Most gun deaths are suicides anyway. I am sure their families wish someone professional could have stepped in.

Make less, now that isn't saying never make any at all ever again, just less. Because we do already have way more than enough, that even if we stopped making them right now, the guns would still be sold.

Universal background checks, 7 day waiting period.

No gun show loophole.

No open or concealed carry UNLESS you have a job that requires it, like a bouncer, body guard or off duty police or military. If you are civilian with no job that requires that, and need to transport your LEGAL firearm in your car. It is kept in a locked case in the glove box or in the back seat or trunk and must be declared if pulled over at the time of being asked for your licence.

Those are just a few of my ideas.

I don't agree with all of these ideas, but I "liked" the post because I have accused Brian of just ranting and never offering any solutions, and he has proved me wrong here. Thanks, Brian.
17-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Multiple officers shot. 2 or 3 dead. One of my good buddies is a BR officer. I fear for his life.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-07-2016, 09:56 AM
(17-07-2016 09:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Multiple officers shot. 2 or 3 dead. One of my good buddies is a BR officer. I fear for his life.

Sad. Sadcryface

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-07-2016, 09:56 AM
(17-07-2016 09:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Multiple officers shot. 2 or 3 dead. One of my good buddies is a BR officer. I fear for his life.

Hope your buddy is ok.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-07-2016, 10:57 AM
More police shot
Yeah,stuff is getting quite out of hand here in my home town. I somewhat jokingly said to someone close to me that if things didn't calm down that marshal law would be put into effect. Now it seems they are actually considering it.

Why do people mistake revenge and entitlement for justice and equality?

I think seven police were shot. Three dead.

May they have peace, and all even partially effected learn.

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.