Battlefield 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: Battlefield 1
(11-05-2016 06:55 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 06:52 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I heard this will be the first triple A WW1 shooter.

its about time. its always amazed me that ww1 hasnt been used more in shooters. or in strategy games, for that matter.

Same. I was astonished, most people think of WW2. Which I hope they do next time, because I want to be on team japan. But for now I will play russia.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 07:12 PM
(11-05-2016 06:55 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 06:52 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I heard this will be the first triple A WW1 shooter.

its about time. its always amazed me that ww1 hasnt been used more in shooters. or in strategy games, for that matter.

There are some strategy games and even some good other style games to have tackled it like puzzle styled ones such as Valiant Hearts from 2 years ago. It's definitely underutilized though. I wonder if it could be a shift in this era of it being 100 years since the ongoing time, the war game phases does go in trends. Early 2000s had a big Vietnam push then more lately it's been modern or "future" war scenarios.

Battlefield is one series that seems set for it as there were old ww1 mods for 1942 although if there was a mode where you really just get to sit in the trench in fear anticipating the next barrage or gas incoming it would be a interesting style.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-05-2016, 07:21 PM
(11-05-2016 07:12 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  lately it's been modern or "future" war scenarios.

CoD infinite warfare also shows that no one wants it anymore.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
12-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Well, at least the fuckers aren't in space...

Also, White Stripe's 'Seven Nation Army'? Terrible choice.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-05-2016, 06:53 AM
(11-05-2016 06:16 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 06:03 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Ugh. WOT has pissed me off to no end. They keep nerfing things and it is quickly losing it's fun.

Eh. I've found it consistently entertaining. I usually use tanks that are considered shitty anyways, so I'm never disappointed. If something is overpowered then it's likely to get nerfed.

I hate what they did to the arty. I loved playing it and now it is almost unplayable. The damage is so small (like claiming the avg dmg is 700 but you're lucky to get 300 with a direct hit on the side), the shots are less accurate (like 20-25% now) and yet the shells still are so damn expensive (like 3k per shot). I have had so many games in my M40/43 where I cause 3k dmg, one or 2 kills, survive, and still lose silver. Fucking bullshit. They nerfed those way, way too much.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
12-05-2016, 06:55 AM

I have also wondered why there has never been a WWI shooter. Could you imagine the online play with trench warfare? That would rock.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
12-05-2016, 03:45 PM
I've always had a hankering for a WWI shooter. I haven't actually bought a military themed FPS since Battlefield 3, they just all felt too much the same... But this one has really got me interested.

Just like how the genre was over saturated with WWII shooters ten years ago, now its over saturated with modern/futuristic shooters. Its time for a breath of fresh air, a new setting and some new ideas.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2016, 02:26 AM
Look up Verdun on steam if you want a WW1 multiplayer FPS.

Also, regarding WW1 in video games. WW1 was pretty boring compared to WW2. WW2 had Nazi's, a proper bad guy, and plenty of action.
WW1 was a European war more or less. It was a lot of incompetent fucktard generals, muddy trenches, large stalemates, war of attrition, politics, infantry/artillery warfare.
I think people also understand WW2 more than they do WW1.

I do wish there were more WW1 games though. I prefer the WW1 technology. The guns, the Dreadnought ships, the biplanes.
Still waiting on that Napoleonic Wars multiplayer fps though.
13-05-2016, 02:34 AM
(13-05-2016 02:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Still waiting on that Napoleonic Wars multiplayer fps though.

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Tocuhe, forgot about that.
Never played it though.

Imagine Call of Duty Napoleonic Wars.
God damn that would be such a troll to that franchises uneducated demographic.