Battlefield 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: Battlefield 1
(13-05-2016 04:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Tocuhe, forgot about that.
Never played it though.

Imagine Call of Duty Napoleonic Wars.
God damn that would be such a troll to that franchises uneducated demographic.

Knowing activision they would probably put exo suits in the game

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-05-2016, 06:44 PM
(13-05-2016 06:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
Never played it though.

Yea it would literally just be CoD in exo suits with red coat patterns.
Fighting Communist Russians. Because why not.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Never played it though.

They'd never do it, because single shot muskets are not fun.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-05-2016, 08:47 PM
(13-05-2016 08:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
Never played it though.

And would require some sort of skill if you have 1 bullet and like a 10 second reload.
Not to mention those muskets back in the day were not very accurate which goes against CoD's lazer accuracy no such thing as recoil policy.

Besides, could you imagine a RDS on a 18th century musket?

13-05-2016, 09:40 PM
(13-05-2016 06:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
Never played it though.

Or attack dogs.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
13-05-2016, 09:58 PM
(13-05-2016 08:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
Never played it though.

Only to 12 year olds with short spans of attention.

Are people really too lazy to consider how single shot weapons could change the dynamics and tactics of a game?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2016, 10:34 PM
(13-05-2016 09:58 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They'd never do it, because single shot muskets are not fun.

Are people really too lazy to consider how single shot weapons could change the dynamics and tactics of a game?

That's the point. We're saying dumbasses play CoD games and Activision panders to their cashcow with exo suits and a complete lack of quality.

Or at least that's what Im saying.

I love me some single shot weapons. It's part of why I'm actually pumped for this Battlefield (been a while since I was pumped for a BF game TBH). Not because there's single shots, there wont be, but because it's stepping away from the same fucking shit. Ak-47's and mp5s. Hell, even in WW2 games it turns into StG 44's and Thompsons.

Gimmie semi's, bolt's, mustard gas, biplanes and large metal boxes with artillery guns please. You can keep your abrams and jet fighters.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-05-2016, 10:49 PM
(13-05-2016 10:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 09:58 PM)Sam Wrote:  Only to 12 year olds with short spans of attention.

That's the point. We're saying dumbasses play CoD games and Activision panders to their cashcow with exo suits and a complete lack of quality.

Or at least that's what Im saying.

I love me some single shot weapons. It's part of why I'm actually pumped for this Battlefield (been a while since I was pumped for a BF game TBH). Not because there's single shots, there wont be, but because it's stepping away from the same fucking shit. Ak-47's and mp5s. Hell, even in WW2 games it turns into StG 44's and Thompsons.

Gimmie semi's, bolt's, mustard gas, biplanes and large metal boxes with artillery guns please. You can keep your abrams and jet fighters.

Yep... Single shot, or at least semi automatic weapons force you to take your time, and make every shot count.

Give me a good old Lee Enfield over an AK47 any day.

CoD is dominated by full-auto, spray and pray weapons, no skill required. The 12 year old kids can keep it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
13-05-2016, 11:17 PM
(13-05-2016 09:58 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They'd never do it, because single shot muskets are not fun.

They people that can makes those considerations already play other games, like Red Orchestra and Rising Storm. But that's not Call of Duty, with it's frenetic pace and hit-scan weaponry.

But WWI is about as far back as you'd want to go without putting yourself into extreme niche territory. Sure, bolt action rifles were the weapon of the rank and file, but there were experimental semi and fully automatic weapons that saw deployment in the field. I'm sure that Battlefield won't stick with a realistic weapon composition and will have a far larger proportion of these weapons to help keep things fun.

At least WWI had semiautomatic pistols (Mauser C-96, Browning M1900, Webley Mk VI, Colt M1911A1), bolt action rifles (Springfield M1903, Gewehr 98, Lee-Enfield Mk 1), shotguns (Winchester 1912), and even the advent of man portable automatics (MP 18 SMG, M1918 BAR, Chauchat LMG, M1914 Lewis Gun).

So basically, it's WWII but without the totally OP M1 Garand and MG42... Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-05-2016, 07:07 AM
(13-05-2016 11:17 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 09:58 PM)Sam Wrote:  Only to 12 year olds with short spans of attention.

They people that can makes those considerations already play other games, like Red Orchestra and Rising Storm. But that's not Call of Duty, with it's frenetic pace and hit-scan weaponry.

But WWI is about as far back as you'd want to go without putting yourself into extreme niche territory. Sure, bolt action rifles were the weapon of the rank and file, but there were experimental semi and fully automatic weapons that saw deployment in the field. I'm sure that Battlefield won't stick with a realistic weapon composition and will have a far larger proportion of these weapons to help keep things fun.

At least WWI had semiautomatic pistols (Mauser C-96, Browning M1900, Webley Mk VI, Colt M1911A1), bolt action rifles (Springfield M1903, Gewehr 98, Lee-Enfield Mk 1), shotguns (Winchester 1912), and even the advent of man portable automatics (MP 18 SMG, M1918 BAR, Chauchat LMG, M1914 Lewis Gun).

So basically, it's WWII but without the totally OP M1 Garand and MG42... Tongue

I think you could go back to the mid-19th century quite comfortably... There was an interesting mix of breach-loading, muzzle-loading, revolving and repeating rifles in the American Civil War, for example... Not to mention hand revolvers. Revolving shotguns also existed.

Obviously, the only automatic weapons would be basically stationary Gatling guns. But fuck that... I'm more interested in the history and tactics than just "wot gunz d'yer get".

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]