Battlefield 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 11:49 AM
RE: Battlefield 1
(13-05-2016 08:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:23 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  They'd never do it, because single shot muskets are not fun.

And would require some sort of skill if you have 1 bullet and like a 10 second reload.
Not to mention those muskets back in the day were not very accurate which goes against CoD's lazer accuracy no such thing as recoil policy.

Besides, could you imagine a RDS on a 18th century musket?

Have you played with the VMP or Vesper? recoil is very hard to manage.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2016, 06:54 PM
(18-05-2016 11:49 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 08:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And would require some sort of skill if you have 1 bullet and like a 10 second reload.
Not to mention those muskets back in the day were not very accurate which goes against CoD's lazer accuracy no such thing as recoil policy.

Besides, could you imagine a RDS on a 18th century musket?

Have you played with the VMP or Vesper? recoil is very hard to manage.

I stopped playing CoD after MW2. I have standards.

And it doesn't matter if 1 gun has a little bit of recoil. Firstly, everyone dies in 1 hit so recoil is meaningless, it's the main reason why no recoil is a problem and second if 1 has a tiny bit of recoil a thousand are lazer accurate.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-05-2016, 07:02 PM
I stopped playing CoD after a few minutes of it at a gamestop demo station where I was bothered by how pathetic I found it, i recall really disliking the auto heal out of danger bit(i've never liked that mechanic in some fpss) and just the cover system was buggin.

Though I had been playing battlefield 1942 before that moment so I was more attuned to that.

yo I'm tots the edgeman. Nay but like EK posting up above, series like Timesplitters were my jam, I guess I am far more into less "angry brown shooter" fps but fast chaotic types were always enjoyable even if I still sucked sometimes while playing it. That series did well to capture the fun of goldeneye/perfect dark but have more solid still understandable controls.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-05-2016, 01:27 AM
(18-05-2016 07:02 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  yo I'm tots the edgeman. Nay but like EK posting up above, series like Timesplitters were my jam, I guess I am far more into less "angry brown shooter" fps but fast chaotic types were always enjoyable even if I still sucked sometimes while playing it. That series did well to capture the fun of goldeneye/perfect dark but have more solid still understandable controls.

That's because the developers that created the series, Free Radical Design, was mainly composed of former RARE employees who had worked on both Godleneye and Perfect Dark. That's why Timepslitters was a better Perfect Dark game than Perfect Dark Zero was.

They also made Second Sight, which was fucking awesome.

[Image: 41MKXM2MP8L.jpg]

Unfortunately their last game as a stand alone developer was Haze, which flopped really hard last gen on the PS3. They stopped having fun and tried making another brown gritty military shooter, just like fucking everybody else. It did not end well for them.

[Image: haze_ps3.jpg]

^ The game that killed Free Radical Design. ^

http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/06/the-g...e-radical/

After that they were acquired by Crytek (developers of the Crysis series) and became Crytek UK. As of right now, the series is effectively in limbo. Nobody has heard anything about it one way or another. But with military shooters possibly on the wane and with DOOM making such huge waves by playing so against the current grain of the genre, maybe there's some hope yet for the retro series.

At the very least, I'd love to see a HD remaster of the trilogy, and to see the series finally brought to PC.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-09-2016, 10:36 PM
I wanna get and love this game but can't get past the fact that it's an EA game and I read somewhere that before the game is even released French troops will be a paid DLC.
French troops... FRENCH.. IN WW1!

EA is such money grabbing cunts. And so after Battlefront clusterfuck and that announcement and just the whole history of EA and what they're like, my money is staying firmly in my bank account thank you very much. I'll happily stick with Halo.

[Image: oscar.png]