Battlefield 3 Armored Kill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Battlefield 3 Armored Kill
Not sure how many Battlefield fans we have here, but I just thought I'd say I'm pretty excited for the Armored Kill kit coming out next week. I, unfortunately, did not dish out too much money for "premium", nor do I have PS3 so I must wait.

Any of you have it so far, one of the lucky early birds?
What do you think? Smile

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ctull's post
19-09-2012, 08:50 AM
RE: Battlefield 3 Armored Kill
I just got it yesterday. I had been holding off on premium until it was not going to stretch me too much financially. I play BF3 with my brother, cousin, and a work friend so we squad up and have a blast for a few hours a week. They all had AK already and I'd been holding off since last week when it came out for Xbox.

So, I've only had one night to play it, but what I've played was fun! They have a bunch of new stuff like ATV's, Gunships, and Tank Destroyers (which I tend to call "baby tanks"). They also have some new AA.

For the vehicles alone it's fun. And the new maps seem pretty big, and fun. Hopefully it stays fun. Usually by this part in a game's life it starts to grow stale. And that's unfortunately because of the lack of depth in gameplay for console games (even most of those that are PC-ports). I hope this one stays with us for a while longer still.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
19-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Sounds awesome! Battlefield's all about the vehicles anyway. I thought the close quarters was going to be worthwhile but it ended up being a pretty big disappointment for me, simply for the fact EA is trying to harass COD way too hard and it's upsetting. (Not to mention BF3 without vehicles is, well, not Battlefield at all.) EA also is making BF it's new little franchise anyway, cranking out games yearly and mass producing expansion packs. Bums me out, really.

I heard about AC130s too? Disappointing you can't fly them though. I figure after this round of new games for the holidays Xbox 360 games will be pretty much finished. Sad to think, since it'll be a little while before the 720 makes its debut and another couple hundred bucks, but kind of exciting to see the direction gaming will go in with a new console....That's what I hope for, my PC is not worthy of computer games. It's a newb.

Besides, if you get bored with Battlefield there's always Borderlands 2.
Which is fucking awesome. Smile

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
19-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I haven't played the Borderlands games. I'm trying to find a decent game that my wife and I can play together. We just finished up Saints Row the Third. We're sort of burnt out on MMOs too. And she's not really interested in any war games or FPS games. Unfortunately she wasn't interested in Borderlands. Sad So I'm not sure where to go next. But open world and good co-op are pretty important.
19-09-2012, 10:05 AM
My boyfriend and I enjoyed the COOP campaign for Borderlands quite thoroughly. Sad she's not interested in FPS games, pretty much throws a good majority of them out the window. Bf and I also played quite a bit of Minecraft together, not sure if you're burnt out on that sort of thing or if you're already all Minecrafted out by this point. GTA V is coming out, looks like a hell of a lot of fun and I'm sure will be pretty impressive graphics wise. Not much else really, imo. I think a lot of developers are focusing on the 720.
If you're a PC gamer I would suggest Day Z. Although, also not two player. Unless you two teamed up on separate computers.

Always sucks when you're stuck in the dilemma of finding a game both you and your spouse can enjoy and play together.

19-09-2012, 10:23 AM
(19-09-2012 10:05 AM)ctull Wrote:  My boyfriend and I enjoyed the COOP campaign for Borderlands quite thoroughly. Sad she's not interested in FPS games, pretty much throws a good majority of them out the window. Bf and I also played quite a bit of Minecraft together, not sure if you're burnt out on that sort of thing or if you're already all Minecrafted out by this point. GTA V is coming out, looks like a hell of a lot of fun and I'm sure will be pretty impressive graphics wise. Not much else really, imo. I think a lot of developers are focusing on the 720.
If you're a PC gamer I would suggest Day Z. Although, also not two player. Unless you two teamed up on separate computers.

Always sucks when you're stuck in the dilemma of finding a game both you and your spouse can enjoy and play together.

Yeah, it's taking some digging right now. We've played out Minecraft and Terraria unfortunately- but both are great fun. Do you know if GTA V will have co-op?

I played DayZ, and it was pretty fun for a bit but it's very unforgiving. It's a rare encounter with another person if they don't shoot you on sight. Then you get to start over and get shot immediately after spawn (I'm a little bitter lol). I'll say, though, that after the last time I played about a week ago I had raided a tent city that I found on one server and dragged a bunch of it to my own tent a little ways away and hidden in a rock! Muhahaha! Too bad I probably won't log back in to make use of it... I suppose I should give it all back. But then again someone will probably find it and make use of it, if they haven't already! So I like it and I don't like it. I love the concept and I'll be following the game's progress into a standalone but I probably won't play it too much. My wife has zero interest in it, though. Sad
19-09-2012, 10:37 AM
They've been pretty hush hush about GTA V and what it really entails, at least to my knowledge. Did a quick google search and found a site I'm not too familiar with confirming that it is a four player coop. Much better than IV already.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/330...ft-auto-v/

Day Z is clunky, at best. I personally enjoy watching my bf play than actually playing myself. I think once it's further developed into a standalone game or even a beta, it'll be much more enjoyable. I kinda like the not so perfect indie game feel it has though. Love the zombies on speed and the awkward running motions. Makes for a good laugh. It is kind of neat that the type of experience you have can solely depend on the server or other players. Makes it kinda scary you have one life and one life only. That's a cool experience though (tent city). My bf found a whole fort one time and stole a lot of this clan's stuff.

Although, later they sniped him from across the field.
Haha.

No offense, but your wife needs some talking to! Doesn't know what she's missing.
But I know women are just stubborn, in the most respectful way. haha.

19-09-2012, 10:48 AM
(19-09-2012 10:37 AM)ctull Wrote:  They've been pretty hush hush about GTA V and what it really entails, at least to my knowledge. Did a quick google search and found a site I'm not too familiar with confirming that it is a four player coop. Much better than IV already.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/330...ft-auto-v/

Day Z is clunky, at best. I personally enjoy watching my bf play than actually playing myself. I think once it's further developed into a standalone game or even a beta, it'll be much more enjoyable. I kinda like the not so perfect indie game feel it has though. Love the zombies on speed and the awkward running motions. Makes for a good laugh. It is kind of neat that the type of experience you have can solely depend on the server or other players. Makes it kinda scary you have one life and one life only. That's a cool experience though (tent city). My bf found a whole fort one time and stole a lot of this clan's stuff.

Although, later they sniped him from across the field.
Haha.

No offense, but your wife needs some talking to! Doesn't know what she's missing.
But I know women are just stubborn, in the most respectful way. haha.

Haha, yeah she's picky and a bit stubborn- but that's ok. I'm so lucky to have a wife that games with me that I won't complain! Big Grin Plus if she hates the game she won't have fun, and then I won't have fun.

In DayZ the next day after finding all that stuff I had just logged onto the server and it was night time on the server... I stood up in a field to have a look around for a potential downed chopper (dumb dumb dumb, never do that! I knew better too!) and *dead*. Ugh. I was way up north in the Novy Lug field and it was night so I felt relatively safe. Nope. Either that or someone was scripting and targeted me. But it's more likely that I was just unlucky survivor # 13.
19-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:Haha, yeah she's picky and a bit stubborn- but that's ok. I'm so lucky to have a wife that games with me that I won't complain! Big Grin Plus if she hates the game she won't have fun, and then I won't have fun.

In DayZ the next day after finding all that stuff I had just logged onto the server and it was night time on the server... I stood up in a field to have a look around for a potential downed chopper (dumb dumb dumb, never do that! I knew better too!) and *dead*. Ugh. I was way up north in the Novy Lug field and it was night so I felt relatively safe. Nope. Either that or someone was scripting and targeted me. But it's more likely that I was just unlucky survivor # 13.

Very true, most women would whine on the couch about how you don't pay attention to them. It's more fun being gaming couples anyway.

Aw, that sucks so much. Usually I sulk around the house when I've died. It's like uuuughhh not again. Probably a guy with a night vision scope. Those things are pretty neat. All the pros are usually up north.

19-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I would guess it was the L85A2 AWS... I had one of those guns, with the night vision scope. Plus it has a thermal switch... anyone across the field would stand out easily. I lost mine when I updated and then tried to log on to a new server... it bugged and stripped me of all my gear, even my pack! I was put into the debug zone and I thought I had died because it gave me the death script. But I ALT-F4'd and reloaded onto another server with just my ghillie and my kill stats. I had the night vision gun and a M107 but they were gone now... sigh. Oh well, such is life in DayZ. At least I had my ghillie still.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post