Be honest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: Be honest
Well I know why my brothers say I'm Daddy's fave, it's cuz I'm the girl he and his first wife always wanted. Me and Kayla think Leah is the fave of Larry's because she's the only one who wants to be an accountant like him. But all of us are just guessing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Only one way to settle this. Highlander style.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-02-2014, 01:34 PM
(15-02-2014 11:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Only one way to settle this. Highlander style.

That's it. Best post of the year. You can't fucking beat this right here.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
15-02-2014, 01:41 PM
My older sister always complained that I was the favorite. She could be dead for all I know because we never speak anymore.

It doesn't matter how the parents actually feel. Some people will just never *not* be playing the victim.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
15-02-2014, 02:14 PM
(15-02-2014 11:16 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:07 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I don't think parents should choose favorites. But some parents do choose favorites (or, as DLJ said, dislike them all) which I find pretty sad.

Don't have kids if you don't want them Thumbsup

I really never wanted kids. Really. When I found out I was pregnant with my first I cried and threw up.

But if I had to do it all over. I totally would.

Me and you both. When I found out my ex was pregnant with my daughter I was devastated.

...and I say with pride (because I don't think many people can) that even my kid will vouch for me. I'm a pretty good dad.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Overall I do not have a favorite. I enjoy different things with each one. I have three kids, two girls 14 & 13 and a son that is 11.
15-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm not a parent, but it occurs to me that children - like all individuals - are human beings with their own individual personalities. As humans, we tend to gravitate more toward certain personalities and away from others.

So, in theory, it seems reasonable to suspect that parents (either individually or collectively; depending on their preferences) will favor certain children over others. Perhaps little Timmy is more personable than Sally, or vice versa. The fact that they gave birth to them doesn't mean the kids are necessarily likable.

It's a plausible concept.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Somday, when I have a child or children. I'm sure I'll love them equally, for different reasons I'm sure. Just like I love many people in my life equally but for different reasons.
15-02-2014, 11:47 PM
My youngest is definitely my favorite. He's nine months and cute as a button. My three year old on the other hand is a huge asshole. He doesn't listen, and sometimes when he wakes up from a nap he decides that he hates me for no reason.

I'm convinced that the youngest will be my favorite until he turns three. At that point the oldest will be about six, so he should be a bit more interesting and into cooler toys, so he'll probably be the favorite then, at least for a while, as long as he doesn't set fire to the house.

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
16-02-2014, 12:05 AM
(15-02-2014 10:56 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  As the youngest of my mothers second marriage and eldest of my bio fathers fourth I and my siblings have had the debate well into adulthood: "who's the favorite?" (Moms marriage) My brother and step-brothers think I'm the favorite. (Dad's marriage) I and the youngest Kayla think Leah is the favorite. Do parents REALLY have favorites?

You already know the answer. Of course parents have favorites. It's usually either the oldest or the youngest. Psychologists have studied the crap out of this.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.