Be honest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 12:23 AM
RE: Be honest
There may be a rare parent somewhere that doesn't have a favorite.
I find it fluctuates with my daughters, depending on mine/their mood and activity.

Its a taboo because of the psychologically damage you could cause to kids admitting it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Mostly I just find it sad....that most people probably don't know why Rev's post was awesome. Weeping

On topic, I imagine the large majority of parents have a favorite child (probably the kid that acts least like a dick/smartalec/idiot and/or shares similar personality traits or hobbies) and the large majority of children have favorite parents.

I'm pretty sure that I was the favorite child until my little brother was born. Then he was favored ridiculously and spoiled in ways me and my other siblings never could have dreamed of.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
16-02-2014, 01:25 AM
My oldest (Aleliena 5) is way too smart for own age. She wants to be "whatever kind of a job where I can cut people open and see how their body works inside and then help them fix it" (a surgeon?) and she wants to learn how to build an airplane. Lol. She is a little mother to any kids smaller than he and she loves to help out. She makes her bed every day and her brother's bed because she doesn't think he is very good at making it.

My son (Justin 4) is way too energetic lol! He is my only snuggle cuddle bug. Super loving. He hates to see anyone upset. And he is hilarious. He thinks an ambulance's job is to put a band aid on you so you don't die. The other day at the gas station it was pouring down snow and my card wouldn't work at the pump. I locked all the doors except the drivers door and I told him I was running in to pay really fast and if he saw and creepers coming to lock the door. When I walked back to the car he jumped up and locked my door and laughed hysterically. Haha

My youngest (Paloma 16 months) is just starting to get her own little personality. She loves to scare you. If she hears someone coming from another room she will run and hide to jump out and scare them. She says oww if you do anything she doesn't like. She sings "rockabynee" to her baby dolls.

TLDR: I don't have a favorite kid because all three are completely different and awesome for their own reasons.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
16-02-2014, 03:18 PM
(15-02-2014 11:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  My youngest is definitely my favorite. He's nine months and cute as a button. My three year old on the other hand is a huge asshole. He doesn't listen, and sometimes when he wakes up from a nap he decides that he hates me for no reason.

I'm convinced that the youngest will be my favorite until he turns three. At that point the oldest will be about six, so he should be a bit more interesting and into cooler toys, so he'll probably be the favorite then, at least for a while, as long as he doesn't set fire to the house.

Tongue

Now THAT was spoken like a true parent! What is it with three year olds being assholes anyways? My daughter was a complete douche. I STILL tell her what an asshole she was at three. (She's 17)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-02-2014, 02:25 AM
I don't have favorite ones. I do like and love all my kids... and they are equally (horrible) making me question my skills as a parent from time to time. I do have to face my own faults to grow and it is sometimes painful. I know they love me too (and sometimes hate me, specially my oldest one, who is struggling to towards adulthood).

My mother on the other hand... She still has favorite ones when she is a grandmother of seven. She has 3 favorite ones, rest are just bad material. Well, she has behaved so badly that my kids and my sisters children refuse to visit her.
21-02-2014, 02:57 AM
(16-02-2014 03:18 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(15-02-2014 11:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  My youngest is definitely my favorite. He's nine months and cute as a button. My three year old on the other hand is a huge asshole. He doesn't listen, and sometimes when he wakes up from a nap he decides that he hates me for no reason.

I'm convinced that the youngest will be my favorite until he turns three. At that point the oldest will be about six, so he should be a bit more interesting and into cooler toys, so he'll probably be the favorite then, at least for a while, as long as he doesn't set fire to the house.

Tongue

Now THAT was spoken like a true parent! What is it with three year olds being assholes anyways? My daughter was a complete douche. I STILL tell her what an asshole she was at three. (She's 17)

Inorite? It's frustrating but fun at the same time, cus I never know what I'm gonna get with him. I'm a douchehammer when I first wake up so I know where he gets it from, but he's funny.

Sometimes in the morning he won't even acknowledge that I exist, and get pissed at me for trying to be nice. Other times if it's before I have to get up he'll crawl into bed with me and snuggle without a word said (probably the coolest thing I've ever experienced, just the innocent and complete trust and acceptance you feel towards eachother without any qualifiers or borders, the snuggle is the only communication needed).

I'm lovin' it. Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-02-2014, 06:16 PM
I have three kids. My baby will be 27 in April...yeah...that old. Yeesh.

If three polar opposites was a possibility, that's what mine would be. You couldn't find three people more different from one another if you randomly selected them out of crowd. The youngest is most like me so is easiest for me to relate to. The middle one is Miss Independent to the nth degree, but she is a survivor and I am often in awe of her ability to just handle what she needs to handle as a single mom of two. The oldest is scattered, spacey, flaky and the most upbeat and optimistic of the three, a free spirit I suppose.

The one unifying force is that all three are smart asses...don't know where that could have come from. Dodgy

But I will say that there is nothing I have found that will try your patience more than a teen aged girl...gads I would have sold my two for a nickel from the ages of about 13 to 20. The boy and his friends, no problemo.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
21-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Of course, without a doubt I am the favorite.

...Nevermind that I am an only child....

Blink
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. -George S. Patton
21-02-2014, 08:33 PM
(21-02-2014 08:32 PM)aquaquilter Wrote:  Of course, without a doubt I am the favorite.

...Nevermind that I am an only child....

psst you're still not the favorite

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-02-2014, 08:49 PM
No one ever thinks they have a favorite but it seems there's at least one that's more favored than the other ones. Favorite dog out of the bunch, favorite coworker, favorite kid. I don't have any kids but I did use to work at a daycare. I tell you, you try not to have a favorite kid but you certainly have ones that you favor out of the bunch. Really, when you got Johnny (who you wonder if their parent dumped a bag in their sugar before dropping them off) over there that you keep having to put in time out for throwing the Legos, Brian (who always takes naps and says please) over there quietly playing with his dinosaurs and sharing (SHARING!) his dinosaurs is looking pretty damn awesome. I really try not to but I can say there were kids I certainly had more sympathy for than others and some I did favor just a teeny tiny bit.

[Image: notagain.gif]