Be so glad you are free of this crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Be so glad you are free of this crap
So, when I was looking up the holy water thingy, I stumbled upon this :
http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Scroll down,and look at the sorts of crap they are seriously, actually worried about, and asking the "experts" about.
OMf'nG. What would it be like, to actually live in that sort of ignorance, and delusion ? Be SO glad you are free of all that bullshit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
I'm an agnostic. We cannot know if there really is a teapot orbiting the sun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-08-2012, 07:04 PM
RE: Be so glad you are free of this crap
I looked at the tithing question and it took being rerouted three times to get an answer. They seem to like answering questions with links. Nice to know though that catholics consider tithing to be something done away with the old law, and that people are fine to pay what they want. I'll keep that in my head if I run into any catholics in a tight spot.

That was about the only question I could even handle. These people are really worrying about too many things. Proper posture for mass? Not everyone can even sit straight.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-08-2012, 07:07 PM
I clicked that, found a thread of someone wanting to know how to motivate herself(himself?) to go to mass--someone sent a link to another thread where someone basically said "jesus hung on the cross, do you think he liked it?" followed by "we go to mass to "vigil with the Lord in his agony, worshipping him, and receiving him sacramentally in Communion"

Yeah.... so many things about that just seem odd... like "what agony?" People spend more time in church in one year than he did (alive) on the cross. For that matter, I've probably listened to church services totalling more time than he spent on the cross alive. I should really stop drinking my one drink and posting.
26-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I clicked on the "can I receive communion the day before a colonoscopy" ?

So obviously the questioner never took a Biology class. Then the priest Serpa says :

"When the body begins to digest the appearances of bread and the wine and they lose their apparent physical properties, they are no longer the Eucharist. This takes place in the stomach within about fifteen minutes after receiving. So you have nothing to worry about."

Actually that is a flagrantly false departure from Roman theology. In fact they teach precisely the opposite. The Roman doctrine of the Eucharist says it's the SUBSTANCE, (after transubstantiation), of Jeebus' body, blood, soul, and divinity, not the "accident". The doctrine teaches it's the "substance under the accident". Here this guy is saying it's the accident which is the determining factor, not the substance. Interesting. Bucky for Pope. (BTW, since when does Jeebus get a soul ?) Souls are created, and are eternal. So is Jeebus' soul, a different being than the "eternal son" ? Never mind. I'm free of the shit. Yahoo.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-08-2012, 07:46 PM
This one is the best by far, lol!!!! He's afraid of them scraping Jesus out of him in poop form:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...b&t=703904

Edit: Whoops didn't see Bucky already brought that one up.
26-08-2012, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2012 08:49 PM by Thomas.)
Do you post to this forum?
If so, here is a question to post:

Dear Father,
I masterbate several times a day. Am I a mass murderer?
I also think about it all the time. Am I a serial killer in my heart?

PS: I joined the forum you linked. I anounced myself as a "Born Catholic leaning atheism"
How long you you give me before I'm expelled from the site?

Here you go:
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=408684
Posters are banned for even asking why they can't discuss religion versus atheism on the philosophy forum.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
26-08-2012, 08:38 PM
It's a peek into a mindset that is so disturbing to me. I feel dirty from just looking at the questions. I physically feel like I should take a shower.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
26-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I found this question, the priests answer and the original priest who said this seem to be violating the separation of church and state.

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=703299

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2012, 08:58 PM
(26-08-2012 07:07 PM)elemts Wrote:  I clicked that, found a thread of someone wanting to know how to motivate herself(himself?) to go to mass--someone sent a link to another thread where someone basically said "jesus hung on the cross, do you think he liked it?" followed by "we go to mass to "vigil with the Lord in his agony, worshipping him, and receiving him sacramentally in Communion"

Whoa! Yeah, there is a phrase for that. 'Guilt trip"! Ha ha.
26-08-2012, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2012 01:25 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-08-2012 08:24 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Do you post to this forum?
If so, here is a question to post:

Dear Father,
I masterbate several times a day. Am I a mass murderer?
I also think about it all the time. Am I a serial killer in my heart?

PS: I joined the forum you linked. I anounced myself as a "Born Catholic leaning atheism"
How long you you give me before I'm expelled from the site?

Here you go:
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=408684
Posters are banned for even asking why they can't discuss religion versus atheism on the philosophy forum.

I am about to get banned I'm sure. I won't say why, in case I squeek through one more time. You're probably already banned, Thomas. They may have figured out who I really am. I think they didn't really officially "ban" me, just made me "invisible" to other posters. That way, they didn't think they were antagonizing my extended Catholic family, or they think I'm just going through a phase. I always, either at the beginning or end, after making my real point, also say something ridiculous and religious, so they have to go "hmm, is he one of us or not ?". I am ready to kiss it good-bye though. I feel dirty, after being there.

I saw a fight there today, where the poster pointed out that Aquinas said the reason the serpent went to Eve first, was because "the light of reason shone less brightly in her".
They went nuts. Heh heh.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post