Be so glad you're free of this crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2014, 09:37 AM
RE: Be so glad you are free of this crap
(19-07-2014 09:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I went over to Catholic Answers to see what they were saying about the Pope.
It's always good for a laugh, over there, (but only do it with a friend around, who can hold your hands down, so you don't injure yourself with facepalms).
I didn't even get as far as looking for what I went there for. I got distracted by :
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...did=897217
"Do animals have souls ?". Read her answer. ROTFLMAO. Material souls. Alrighty then.
Then see "Is it a mortal sin to kill a spider ?" Tongue

The fact that some people believe such twisted, convoluted crap is Facepalm worthy at best.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2014, 09:38 AM
RE: Be so glad you are free of this crap
It's dogma of the gaps.

Fill in the gaps with crazy unproven bullshit that doesn't even need scripture...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 3 users Like CiderThinker's post
19-07-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: RE: Be so glad you're free of this crap
(19-07-2014 09:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I went over to Catholic Answers to see what they were saying about the Pope.
It's always good for a laugh, over there, (but only do it with a friend around, who can hold your hands down, so you don't injure yourself with facepalms).
I didn't even get as far as looking for what I went there for. I got distracted by :
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...did=897217
"Do animals have souls ?". Read her answer. ROTFLMAO. Material souls. Alrighty then.
Then see "Is it a mortal sin to kill a spider ?" Tongue

Makes perfect sense. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
20-10-2014, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2014 12:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Be so glad you're free of this crap
I checked in to see what they were saying about the recent Synod .. omf'ng. They were talking about whether divorced people should receive communion. Someone said Judas "received communion unworthily" (heh heh) that would be BEFORE any such crap had been even cooked up by someone in a red dress.

The further I get from all that bullshit, the more incredulous I am that anyone takes any of it seriously, (*as if* a Jew actually had a Kosher Passover meal, and at that very meal suggested that they drink (his) blood. Bwahahahahahaha.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Why did god create dinosaurs?

Quote:This side of eternity, we don't know why God created dinosaurs. All we can do is speculate.

Catholic apologist Frank Sheed speculated that God's act of creation was at least partly for our benefit. In other words, God knew that we would like it. The same could hold true for dinosaurs: God knew that the discovery of such fantastical creatures would fascinate and delight us, and perhaps that was reason enough for their creation.

Also, it may be that there are lessons we can learn from the existence of dinosaurs. Here are a few such possible lessons:

Dinosaurs teach that there is such a thing as universal death, which is one of St. Thomas Aquinas's five arguments for the existence of God (see What are Aquinas's five proofs for God?).

Dinosaurs teach the possibility of life after death. There may be no dinosaurs currently inhabiting our world, but, in a certain sense, they live on today -- in our imaginations, in our scientific studies, in our hope that we may one day see such extraordinary creatures in the next life (see Do animals go to heaven?).

The existence of dinosaurs forces believers to more deeply understand their religion and thus more deeply understand God's hand at work in the world. Questions of the creation of the universe are thrown into a new light and we are forced to re-assess the merit of apparently simple understandings of divine revelation through the Church and the Bible. (See Testimony of Rocky Halls by Karl Keating.)

The existence of dinosaurs forces unbelievers to re-assess their rejection of God that may be based at least partly upon the fact that they have not seen him with their own eyes. The fact that there are created beings that we know existed only because of the remnants of their lives that have been uncovered point to the existence of a God who can be known through the use of reason if one is willing to look at the "fossil record" of creation.

DroolingSmokin

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
20-10-2014, 01:47 PM
(20-10-2014 12:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They were talking about whether divorced people should receive communion.

Better that than how to force creationism into science class or deny equal treatment to people who do things that they find 'icky'. As long as they are sitting in the corner arguing amongst themselves about their own particular nonsense I can ignore them.

Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
20-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Bucky, I'm hooked on this site! Holy shit!

I'd like to ask Kim wtf she does everyday that is a mortal sin?

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=912321
How can I overcome scrupulosity?
Hi I am extremely scrupulous and go to Confession every week and would go 2 or 3 times if I could.My question is how can I overcome this.I always fear that iam in mortal sin.It feels terrible and like I'm in bandage always.I see others say they haven't committed mortal sins in years or months and I just done see how.It seems like I can't go a day without sinning mortally and always fearing hell.Please help me. Kim

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-10-2014, 01:55 PM
This shit is unbelievably entertaining.

Chemistry Exam
Today I have my first physical chemistry exam! I'm pretty nervous, so any and all prayers would be appreciated. I especially appreciate the intercession of St. Joseph of Cupertino, St. Thomas Aquinas, Mary my Mother, and my guardian angel. Thank you all!

Amen!

One response:

Re: Chemistry Exam
Good luck. I've failed every exam I've ever prayed about, LOL

Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
20-10-2014, 02:10 PM
(20-10-2014 01:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bucky, I'm hooked on this site! Holy shit!

Careful, it could seriously damage your ability to think rationally. Step away from the abyss before it is too late!

Quote:Good luck. I've failed every exam I've ever prayed about, LOL
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
20-10-2014, 02:16 PM
(20-10-2014 02:10 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 01:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bucky, I'm hooked on this site! Holy shit!

Careful, it could seriously damage your ability to think rationally. Step away from the abyss before it is too late!

Quote:Good luck. I've failed every exam I've ever prayed about, LOL
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

The abyss...yeah I was raised RC and it took a lot to distance myself from it. Now, with the help of TTA's Exorcists I can confidently look back into it and ....oh, shit I slipped Gasp
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post