Be so glad you're free of this crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Be so glad you're free of this crap
Heh. I clicked the link on the OP. Right on the first page: "What can I do to help my deceased son?" Well, nothing. Next!

I mean, something like "how can I handle the loss of my son?" or something might have at least been actionable. But, regardless of whether or not you believe in an afterlife, he's dead, and that's that. It's not like you can go about saving already damned souls, or something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Whenever I see anything like this my immediate response is...

"Find a quiet spot, masturbate, and forget about it..."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2014, 11:34 AM
(21-10-2014 11:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Heh. I clicked the link on the OP. Right on the first page: "What can I do to help my deceased son?" Well, nothing. Next!

I mean, something like "how can I handle the loss of my son?" or something might have at least been actionable. But, regardless of whether or not you believe in an afterlife, he's dead, and that's that. It's not like you can go about saving already damned souls, or something.

Unless you're Mormon and baptize the dead. Smile

Crazy motherfuckers.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-10-2014, 11:37 AM
(21-10-2014 09:22 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 07:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I was thinking of going out in style from there.
Help me think of a caption.

[Image: Cardinal-Burke-Cappa-Magna-Featured.jpeg] [Image: FL4EKM2HZTOA5A8.LARGE.jpg][Image: Burke_%2526_hat.jpg]
[Image: Burke_with_Cappa_Finn.jpg][Image: liberace-red-cape.jpg?w=490]

isnt there a song about devil in a red dress Consider

There IS. Good idea !

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-11-2014, 11:01 PM
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=914197
Is Pokemon mortally sinful ?
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-11-2014, 11:24 PM
(03-11-2014 11:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=914197
Is Pokemon mortally sinful ?
Weeping

Uh, are you having fun playing Poke'Mon?

Then yes, it is sinful.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-11-2014, 08:01 PM
(21-10-2014 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 11:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Heh. I clicked the link on the OP. Right on the first page: "What can I do to help my deceased son?" Well, nothing. Next!

Unless you're Mormon and baptize the dead. Smile

I might have read that an injunction was filed against them by Jews to stop babtizing their dead. I don't know what's crazier, the Mormons babtizing dead people or the folks paying real money to stop it Blink

Yup, here it is
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ctice.html

Mormons Still Baptizing Dead Jews Despite Agreements to End Practice
LDS leaders have apologized for the baptism of the parents of famed Nazi-hunter Simon Wiesenthal, but the persistent posthumous baptizing of Holocaust victims has outraged Jewish leaders.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-11-2014, 06:39 AM
(05-11-2014 08:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  Unless you're Mormon and baptize the dead. Smile

I might have read that an injunction was filed against them by Jews to stop babtizing their dead. I don't know what's crazier, the Mormons babtizing dead people or the folks paying real money to stop it Blink

Yup, here it is
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...ctice.html

Mormons Still Baptizing Dead Jews Despite Agreements to End Practice
LDS leaders have apologized for the baptism of the parents of famed Nazi-hunter Simon Wiesenthal, but the persistent posthumous baptizing of Holocaust victims has outraged Jewish leaders.

Public ridicule of the Mormons would be more appropriate, probably more effective, and certainly a lot cheaper.
06-11-2014, 06:49 AM
(06-11-2014 06:39 AM)Rik Wrote:  Public ridicule of the Mormons would be more appropriate, probably more effective, and certainly a lot cheaper.

But for Jews, that's essentially saying "Your magic father figure is soooooooo funny and totally not as good as our magic father figure"... Can see why they'd rather not Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-11-2014, 06:56 AM
(26-08-2012 06:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, when I was looking up the holy water thingy, I stumbled upon this :
http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
Scroll down,and look at the sorts of crap they are seriously, actually worried about, and asking the "experts" about.
OMf'nG. What would it be like, to actually live in that sort of ignorance, and delusion ? Be SO glad you are free of all that bullshit.
Living in Ontario Canada I can tell you not only are we not free of this crap we actually fund a Catholic School Board. The "Separate School board" is 100% paid for by all tax payers in the province. There have been numerous law suits and protests to end this practice but no body wants to offend "The Church". Yet so many are offended by my saying "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas" go figure.
[+] 1 user Likes ryckpen's post