Bear Grylls got fired.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Bear Grylls got fired.
Here.

Not that it matters much... I mean, I like him okay, but I just prefer Les Stroud.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-03-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Bear Grylls got fired.
I'm ok with that. Bear Grylls was a fake compared to Les Stroud anyway.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
14-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Les Stroud sucks balls. If he actually had to survive on his own for more than a week he'd die. Watching his show is as painful to me as watching those paranormal investigation shows.
He has no idea what hes doing. The only benefit to him is that he is actually supposedly alone whereas Bear is not at any time.
Who would you pick to survive with though?
For me it's Not stroud. I'd have to kill him and eat him.
And by have tO I mean will do regardless of my circumstances.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
14-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Les Stroud could kick Bear Grylls' ass and beat him with the jaw bone from a squirrel.

That's probably the special that Discovery was trying to get Bear to do and Bear wouldn't do it. That's why he was fired. See, it all fits!

14-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I would pick the one that had Special Ops training... Any would do, specially if it is the Spetsnaz or S.A.S. The way they shoot the show is irrelevant, it is a SHOW for people who never went to woods without a tour guide. Money and marketing. In real life they both would do all sorts of thing much different... Much, much different.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Les Stroud would die in the cold trying to boy scout his way to a camp fire. Bear would make a snare to catch an elk, then skin and eat it before he climbed inside it's entrails to stay warm.

Bear >>>>>>>>>>>> Les

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
14-03-2012, 10:43 AM
(14-03-2012 10:34 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Les Stroud would die in the cold trying to boy scout his way to a camp fire. Bear would make a snare to catch an elk, then skin and eat it before he climbed inside it's entrails to stay warm.

Bear >>>>>>>>>>>> Les

You forgot to type the part where he gets a room in the nearest hotel over night while his crew contacts local zoos for an elk to use.

[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
14-03-2012, 10:46 AM
(14-03-2012 10:43 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 10:34 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Les Stroud would die in the cold trying to boy scout his way to a camp fire. Bear would make a snare to catch an elk, then skin and eat it before he climbed inside it's entrails to stay warm.

Bear >>>>>>>>>>>> Les

You forgot to type the part where he gets a room in the nearest hotel over night while his crew contacts local zoos for an elk to use.

I've seen the man gut a camel and crawl inside it. What difference does it make whether he stays in it all ngiht? Once it I'm sure he is capable of staying in.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
14-03-2012, 10:55 AM
(14-03-2012 10:46 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

Bear >>>>>>>>>>>> Les

I've seen the man gut a camel and crawl inside it. What difference does it make whether he stays in it all ngiht? Once it I'm sure he is capable of staying in.

It's dishonest. He puts on a front that he's surviving in the wild when he's not- at least not as hard core as he'd like it to look. I'm sure anyone of us would be capable of cutting open a Ton-ton and crawling inside for the warmth if the need required it.

Les does the job himself. As for surviving, he isn't dead yet. He seems to be doing a good job of it.

14-03-2012, 10:59 AM
(14-03-2012 10:55 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 10:46 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

Bear >>>>>>>>>>>> Les

It's dishonest. He puts on a front that he's surviving in the wild when he's not- at least not as hard core as he'd like it to look. I'm sure anyone of us would be capable of cutting open a Ton-ton and crawling inside for the warmth if the need required it.

Les does the job himself. As for surviving, he isn't dead yet. He seems to be doing a good job of it.

I woudln't call it dishonest. He actually did everything in that show. He stripped to swim through 30 degree water (0 C), he climed cliffs, descended down 100 foot trees to the bottom of caverns, etc, etc. And he's eaten some of the strangest shit I've ever seen. Remember the mangroves in Panama? That shit was ridiculous.

-Mark Twain