Beards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Beards
Damn.

I thought you meant this kind of Beard

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I have a beard but It's a bit weak. It's gotten thicker through the years but the hairs are too damn kinky. It's more of a Kenny Rogers style but I yen for a full Grizzly Adams look. I think I lack the confidence to let it do it's own thing.

Quote from http://www.beards.org

Societal and peer pressures combine to make new and even veteran beard growers too sheepish about growing out their beards to their finest. Add to that a lack of confidence and an exaggerated self-perception that growing the full beard is just pushing the envelope too far, and the result too many times is an unflattering, chopped-down beard.... In today's world, growing a full beard is still seen as doing something out of the ordinary. It will make you stand out in the crowd. If you are going to grow your full beard, be bold and grow it proudly. Don't be scared into doing a stunted effort on growing your beard. You are going to set yourself apart by growing the beard anyway. So make sure you set yourself apart with the full glory of your beard grown right rather than setting yourself apart with an improperly-shaped, yet restrained, beard.

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
01-01-2013, 02:38 PM
(01-01-2013 02:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 02:00 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, you sound like a real caveman all right [Image: 13003a.gif]
It grows like a fuckin' bamboo forest. I spend money to buy razors to keep the damn thing in check... but once in a while I just can't be bothered... and suddenly everyone's callin' me Grizzly Adams or Amish Dude Angry
You should get the Papa Smurf T-shirt to fuck with their heads.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
(01-01-2013 02:35 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  I have a beard but It's a bit weak. It's gotten thicker through the years but the hairs are too damn kinky. It's more of a Kenny Rogers style but I yen for a full Grizzly Adams look. I think I lack the confidence to let it do it's own thing.

Quote from http://www.beards.org

Societal and peer pressures combine to make new and even veteran beard growers too sheepish about growing out their beards to their finest. Add to that a lack of confidence and an exaggerated self-perception that growing the full beard is just pushing the envelope too far, and the result too many times is an unflattering, chopped-down beard.... In today's world, growing a full beard is still seen as doing something out of the ordinary. It will make you stand out in the crowd. If you are going to grow your full beard, be bold and grow it proudly. Don't be scared into doing a stunted effort on growing your beard. You are going to set yourself apart by growing the beard anyway. So make sure you set yourself apart with the full glory of your beard grown right rather than setting yourself apart with an improperly-shaped, yet restrained, beard.
Thanks for that! It inspired me...

The Beard Poem

I am a veteran,
having fought many battles,
caught in the cross-hairs of the enemy; myself

I am grizzled with age
but am recognized amongst my peers
who never came of age

I've been cut down
shot down by looks and stares
but I am proud to be what I am

I am the beard
unrestrained, untangled
and unmatched

*happy sigh*

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
01-01-2013, 02:50 PM
(01-01-2013 02:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Damn.

Yeah, in your dirty dreams maybe.

Cheap, you should put this to music (or I'll ask my musician friends from Rio to do it) and we'll add it to our album. Thumbsup

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
01-01-2013, 02:53 PM
(01-01-2013 02:50 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 02:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Damn.

Yeah, in your dirty dreams maybe.

Cheap, you should put this to music (or I'll ask my musician friends from Rio to do it) and we'll add it to our album. Thumbsup
The album with the extra Christmas troll carols? Hmm... I guess it could sneak in there! Thumbsup

01-01-2013, 02:56 PM
(01-01-2013 02:53 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  The album with the extra Christmas troll carols? Hmm... I guess it could sneak in there! Thumbsup
And you know what I just remembered... one of my musician "friends" actually has a beard (nothing crazy of course, seeing as we're... friends) Tongue

01-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Body hair traps sweat close to the skin, where bacteria metabolize it and cause body odor. Copious amounts of body hair are to me, a sign of poor hygiene. But as for beards, I'm not sure how much of an issue it is. My facial hair is a bit thin on one side of my face, so I've never successfully grown a beard. Usually I get tired of growing it out after about a week and then shave it off.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2013, 04:06 PM
(01-01-2013 03:56 PM)Near Wrote:  My facial hair is a bit thin on one side of my face, so I've never successfully grown a beard.
Have you grown half a beard at least? Laughat

1:03

01-01-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm for em.

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post