Beating a Dead Horse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Beating a Dead Horse
Sorry to do this but I had to share my thoughts on this.

With some free time this morning, I finally sat down and watched the Sye Ten vs Matt Dillahunty debate. I've seen the arguments for and against presuppositional apologetics, but damn I can't believe what I just watched. The arrogance!!!!!!

Sye Ten did not answer a single question during the entire debate. I don't know if I've ever seen a wormier POS. And continually claiming that regardless of what anyone claims to believe, "They know God exists." I can feel my heart pumping faster just thinking about that bullshit.

Also, unless I missed it, I didn't see where he proved that truth = God = Christian God. Matt did a fantastic job, but that would've been my first question, to make him explain and prove how he gets from God has to exist, to it is the Christian God.

Now excuse me while I go beat my head into a wall and discover the absolute truth of brain damage.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
24-12-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Beating a Dead Horse
Well there's your problem: You wasted time and energy on watching presup argumentation and expected anything but presup argumentation.

However, the answer to your question is an easy one, if one is to stay true to presup arguments: Revealed Knowledge™.
They know God exists as it was Revealed™ to them by it; consequently, they know it is Jewsus, as part of the Revealed Knowledge™ package. Of course, he probably didn't use that and avoided the issue entirely instead because; in reality it's a weak and indefensible reason in and of itself, and it sounds fucking pretentious even to it's own crowd.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Good lord, now diddles will have to chime in. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-12-2014, 01:38 PM
(24-12-2014 01:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good lord, now diddles will have to chime in. Dodgy

Nah, he's too busy, what with the world coming to an end as we speak.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-12-2014, 01:39 PM
(24-12-2014 01:38 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 01:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Good lord, now diddles will have to chime in. Dodgy

Nah, he's too busy, what with the world coming to an end as we speak.

Good point. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Ah Dildo! Couldn't remember his name but I was surely thinking of him while watching.

As for Sye, he had to feel like a nut job when Matt would ask him a question, he would completely dodge it with some stupid "because God", and the crowd starts laughing at him.
24-12-2014, 09:47 PM
I would ask "Can god reveal a lie to you as easily as the truth ?"

If he can, then how do you determine if the revalation is the truth or a lie ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results