Beautiful photos of snowflakes. First comment facepalm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: Beautiful photos of snowflakes. First comment facepalm
(05-12-2013 10:36 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  The snowflakes were BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing…..I didn't see any of the comments, or even a comment section ??
I'm not certain, but you may need to be logged into facebook to view those comments. The "liking" system looked like it was facebook based. I agree that the pictures are amazing!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I always marvel at snowflake pictures, such natural beauty.

I only saw the 2 comments and had a "rolly eye" moment, like Sabrina, I didnt want to ruin the mood.

I never really paid much attention to religious nuts during my life, untill I got into this atheist expirience thing. In my lifestyle, being a heathen was a given....
05-12-2013, 12:32 PM
(05-12-2013 12:12 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 10:36 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  The snowflakes were BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing…..I didn't see any of the comments, or even a comment section ??
I'm not certain, but you may need to be logged into facebook to view those comments. The "liking" system looked like it was facebook based. I agree that the pictures are amazing!

On mobile they don't come up. Switch to desktop view and you should see them.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
05-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Those are pretty snowflakes. I just ignore commentary like that - the people seem kind of ignorant or something. I think the word I'm searching for is "simpletons" but I don't want that to come off as insulting - I think they've just not been exposed to very much science. Undecided

I have been looking at sites with snowflakes lately - here is a great snowflake site to explore for a look at snowflakes with an electron microscope. We're talking really, really, small snowflakes here; the snowflake crystals that form on snowflakes!

[Image: 05219.jpg]
The structures are fascinating...
[Image: 12495.jpg]
They could be giant buildings...
[Image: 13371.jpg]

I've spent a lot of time on this site and this is the BEST part - THE STEREO IMAGES!
Enjoy. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
05-12-2013, 04:10 PM
(05-12-2013 12:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 12:12 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I'm not certain, but you may need to be logged into facebook to view those comments. The "liking" system looked like it was facebook based. I agree that the pictures are amazing!

On mobile they don't come up. Switch to desktop view and you should see them.

Yep. I don't have a facebook either but I could see them on my desktop when I scrolled down below the pics. Though maybe you're lucky you can't see the comment section...it's a little bit of a mood killer to say the least. Still, damn, those photos! Bowing

And thanks for sharing those, kim! The sturucture on these tiny frozen things are amazing!

[Image: notagain.gif]
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Those were amazing wow!!!! And... I ignored the comments lol I can't handle it at the moment
06-12-2013, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 11:06 AM by Nebulæ.)
Snowflakes are awesome! fuck the comments. It's typical case: "we don't know how it's made, therefore god!" <3 lol some commenter saying "bible IS a science book" Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Nebulæ's post