Become Jehovah's Friend?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Become Jehovah's Friend?
Has anyone seen or heard of the JW cartoon called "Become Jehovah's Friend"?

I think the animation and songs are really cute. But it's creepy, too! I find myself watching it because it's weird. Have you guys seen it? What do you think of it? Do you find it disturbing like I do? O.o
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Become Jehovah's Friend?
Haven't seen it... and on that recommendation, not likely to go looking thought YouTube...

Much cheers to you. Smile
14-10-2016, 09:02 PM
I haven't seen it. But I tend to find religious cartoons creepy in general. There was one extremely creepy one I saw as a kid and I had nightmares after watching it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Here is a clip from it that I find especially creepy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RI0sA6nyQKI
[+] 2 users Like AnaBunny's post
14-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks but pass. Thumbsup

I do trust you when you say it's creepy. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
14-10-2016, 10:28 PM
I appreciate the heads up too. Smile
15-10-2016, 12:08 AM
(14-10-2016 07:40 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  Has anyone seen or heard of the JW cartoon called "Become Jehovah's Friend"?

I think the animation and songs are really cute. But it's creepy, too! I find myself watching it because it's weird. Have you guys seen it? What do you think of it? Do you find it disturbing like I do? O.o

Absolutely everything about them is creepy. I don't know about other areas, but around here all of their kingdom Halls are completely devoid of windows. Once when they came to the door I told them I don't talk to people who don't have windows. What are they hiding in there. I told them to get some windows and we'd talk. Actually I've been in one of their kingdom halls back when I was in my 20's. Creepy to the max.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
15-10-2016, 04:49 AM
Looking at the mother's eyes, I'd be guessing she's suffering from undiagnosed hyperthyroidism. Then again, the JWs have some bizarre notions about medicine and healing, so.....

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
15-10-2016, 04:52 AM
(14-10-2016 09:08 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  Here is a clip from it that I find especially creepy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RI0sA6nyQKI

Creepy all right. Poor kid.

Front row seats for the Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution Reunion Tour!
[+] 1 user Likes chimp3's post
15-10-2016, 03:52 PM
(15-10-2016 04:49 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Looking at the mother's eyes, I'd be guessing she's suffering from undiagnosed hyperthyroidism. Then again, the JWs have some bizarre notions about medicine and healing, so.....

I know, right? The animation has gotten better and the mother's eyes/facial expresions aren't really creepy anymore, but the messages are still creepy.
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post