Becoming God - Cheating Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 05:02 AM
RE: Becoming God - Cheating Death
"Hippy Burnouts" Huh ... Gasp ... Angry

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
19-04-2014, 12:19 PM
(18-04-2014 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Big Freeze
Big Rip
Big Crunch
Big Bounce
Multiverse
False Vacuum

Shit don't bode well.

Unless you create a universe.

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
19-04-2014, 02:22 PM
(18-04-2014 12:51 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Thats if the rats don't kill us first. That and if technology doesn't disappear if it does humans will be dead in a week.

Some of us know how to live off the land.....
19-04-2014, 02:28 PM
(18-04-2014 12:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  As I am laying down on my couch, insomnia and alcohol stricken, I was thinking about the fate of humanity. I think most of us have pondered different possible ultimate fates for homo sapien sapiens.

Perhaps we will doom ourselves in a few decades, or centuries, or millennia...of course we may wise up and survive our self-destructive tenancies. Then what? We what to be killed off by an incoming body striking our planet, or the inevitable death of our sun. If we continue to survive and progress though, we may escape to a new star system. Eventually though, that sun will die, like all stars are doomed to do over the next several billions of years.

Is there still hope though? Is it even theoretically possible to stop the universe for going dark? Escaping to a new universe - or even creating our own universe?
I think about these kinds of things all the time but I have no answers. I find it interesting though....
19-04-2014, 03:10 PM
(18-04-2014 12:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  As I am laying down on my couch, insomnia and alcohol stricken, I was thinking about the fate of humanity. I think most of us have pondered different possible ultimate fates for homo sapien sapiens.

Perhaps we will doom ourselves in a few decades, or centuries, or millennia...of course we may wise up and survive our self-destructive tenancies. Then what? We what to be killed off by an incoming body striking our planet, or the inevitable death of our sun. If we continue to survive and progress though, we may escape to a new star system. Eventually though, that sun will die, like all stars are doomed to do over the next several billions of years.

Is there still hope though? Is it even theoretically possible to stop the universe for going dark? Escaping to a new universe - or even creating our own universe?

I'm sorry but I read this and couldn't stop myself from thinking it would be a great opening for an anime movie. Like the astronaut is thinking this to them self as before passing out on the couch, the alarm on their hi-tech device goes off and they suit up to go on a mission to space where they find some ancient element hidden by an alien race that winds up saving the dying universe. Something like that. It'd be pretty gnarly that'd be fore sure.

Anyways...no...sounds like we're all doomed in one way or another. Best make the most out of this world while we can. Pet a dog. Buy out all the oreos. Bake a cake. Smell the roses. All that jazz.

[Image: notagain.gif]
19-04-2014, 03:11 PM
(19-04-2014 03:10 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  

I'm sorry but I read this and couldn't stop myself from thinking it would be a great opening for an anime movie. Like the astronaut is thinking this to them self as before passing out on the couch, the alarm on their hi-tech device goes off and they suit up to go on a mission to space where they find some ancient element hidden by an alien race that winds up saving the dying universe. Something like that. It'd be pretty gnarly that'd be fore sure.

Anyways...no...sounds like we're all doomed in one way or another. Best make the most out of this world while we can. Pet a dog. Buy out all the oreos. Bake a cake. Smell the roses. All that jazz.

Maybe i'll bake an Oreo cake.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." - Woody Allen
19-04-2014, 03:21 PM
(19-04-2014 03:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 03:10 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  I'm sorry but I read this and couldn't stop myself from thinking it would be a great opening for an anime movie. Like the astronaut is thinking this to them self as before passing out on the couch, the alarm on their hi-tech device goes off and they suit up to go on a mission to space where they find some ancient element hidden by an alien race that winds up saving the dying universe. Something like that. It'd be pretty gnarly that'd be fore sure.

Maybe i'll bake an Oreo cake.

That'd be pretty damn awesome! Thought it's probably be more entertaining trying to construct one out of a package or two of Oreos.

19-04-2014, 03:27 PM
(19-04-2014 03:21 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 03:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe i'll bake an Oreo cake.

That'd be pretty damn awesome! Thought it's probably be more entertaining trying to construct one out of a package or two of Oreos.

Maybe that will be on the inside then the outside is covered in frosting and more oreos.

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply a refusal to deny the obvious." - Sam Harris

"If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss Bank." - Woody Allen
19-04-2014, 03:31 PM
(19-04-2014 03:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 03:21 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  That'd be pretty damn awesome! Thought it's probably be more entertaining trying to construct one out of a package or two of Oreos.

Maybe that will be on the inside then the outside is covered in frosting and more oreos.

Yes! I say life's short, the world's gonna end eventually and there's no stopping it so lets do it!!

[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
19-04-2014, 03:34 PM
(19-04-2014 03:31 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  
(19-04-2014 03:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe that will be on the inside then the outside is covered in frosting and more oreos.

Yes! I say life's short, the world's gonna end eventually and there's no stopping it so lets do it!!

Heck yeah!

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post