Becoming The Demon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Becoming The Demon
(04-05-2013 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 01:24 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I intend to wait, Chas. My largest obstacle is the overall cost, but I also wish to make sure that I am absolutely certain of this choice. As I've said: that's why I posted this in the first place. I'm not going to butcher my body on a whim.

With that said, you must also understand that while I respect you and your views - more than the majority of the others here, to be frank - I must also take what you say with a grain of salt. Perhaps a little more. I'm of course not trying to be offensive, but the cranky-old-codger-who-can't-believe-damn-kids-put-metal-in-their-noses-and-paint-their-hair-green-these-days routine is fairly obvious. It's shown itself several times, and specifically when the topic of conversation was the altering of one's body in unusual ways. (But then, what is "usual"?)

So, while I respect your view(s) and take what you and others say, have said, or might say into consideration, I also consider the source(s) and any possible biases which may be present. I also bear in mind the fact that I'm not a stranger to obsession or disorder either. I've lived with it for some time. It's one of those things that has made me feel at a loss for control. And I'm so familiar with it that, at this point, I can tell the difference between a psychological fixation based upon disturbance, and a genuine desire based upon whatever my personal preferences so choose to base it upon.

In the end, if I go through with it and regret it in 20 years; tough titty for me. But right now, it's a desireable pursuit, and I intend to entertain it as a viable and favorable possibility.

You can be dismissive of a 'cranky old codger', but that is the easy, lazy response.

I'm responding from a vantage of concern and experience.
Consider the possibility that your thoughts are obsessive and unhealthy.

I'm not being dismissive at all, Chas. To quote: "I respect your view(s) and take what you and others say, have said, or might say into consideration,". I am aware of your perspective and the motives behind what you say. But within those motives are clear biases, and I take those, too, into consideration. Acknowledging your biases does not mean I'm throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

As for unhealthy obsession, I am considering that as well. As I said, I'm not going to butcher my body on a whim. I'm thinking things through. I'm contemplating my motives and my goals. I'm researching what is involved in the lengthy process I envision, and I'm deciding whether or not I want to be a demonic humanoid for the rest of my life. While many of the alterations would be easy to conceal if necessary; they will be a part of me unless I endeavor to have them surgically reversed. (Nothing I've proposed here is permanent; despite what some have said) This isn't just a demented game of dress-up. This is the total replacement of a physical identity. It demands lengthy consideration and weighing of the pros and cons.

With that said, even if it transpires that it is just an unhealthy result of a disturbed mind: so what? Sitting down and having a good cry with a therapist is not a required remedy for such an ailment. If people choose, instead, to make their ears a little more pointed than before and stick some horns to their head; there is nothing wrong with that. A depressed woman going out to get a makeover is a bodily transformation, and yet nobody gets upset about it. Nobody tells her she's dealing with her psychological issues in an unhealthy way. Nobody tells an unhappy man that he's acting irrationally when he seeks to improve himself by shredding his muscle fibers in the interest of making them grow larger and stronger. These are extensive, sometimes injurious bodily transformations undertaken for psychological reasons. But again, nobody gets upset.

It's only when a transformation deviates from what is considered "normal" that people decide they've gone off the deep end. When Bob starts lifting weights to feel like he's 20 again; everyone wishes him the best. When Miso wants to point his ears or split his tongue; well he's got a serious disorder which requires immediate psychiatric intervention.

Fucking hell, man. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
04-05-2013, 06:52 PM
^Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on the matter. People get bent out of shape and tell people not to do things that are considered "abnormal," saying it's for the person's own good. And it's worth considering one's reasons, certainly. But when I read things saying to avoid all "abnormal" body modification, I just see a lot of personal biases.

When I read the OP, my thoughts were that Mis is a smart guy, he wouldn't do anything too wacky unless he had thoroughly thought it through.

bemore Wrote:If it was just a pain and liberation thing then go for suspension. Have some hooks whacked through your chest/back/arms and get hung up and swung around. There are places/conventions that do it. I'm not trying to second guess why you want it done but to me if you did it is a permanent externalisation to the outside world, it is a statement that you wish others to judge you by, be it cool, distastefull, rebelious, careless, intimidating, and millions of other words that I am too tired to write down.
I think he already said a few times that his goal was the transformation, NOT the process, the pain involved, etc.

Yes, people will judge you, but you have to think about whether or not that matters, to what extent it matters, etc.

I mean, if I want to do something I tend to do it regardless of what the neighbors think. Fuck the neighbors. If you have thought it through and want to do something, and the opinions of judgmental idiots don't matter much to you, I'd say maybe you should do it.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
04-05-2013, 06:59 PM
(03-05-2013 07:03 PM)Peanut Wrote:  

Yeah... I'm sure posting this will just encourage you further Drinking Beverage Fuck. But I MUST share.

I'm gonna regret this.

But look how handsome he is!!! Why?! Censored

His name is Rick..,

http://www.oddee.com/item_96602.aspx

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2013, 11:42 PM
I would like to state that I've always found people that do things outside the "usual" or "normal" trends as very admirable. I love seeing others completely destroy stereotypes. Amyb mentioned something around those lines. If people see intelligent individuals with more "extreme" body modifications, eventually people won't attribute or label those people as these "inconsiderate and attention-seeking freaks."

I remember getting my Monroe piercing a year ago. The piercers' name was Chris and he was super tall and skinny. He had his earlobes gauged to about the size of quarters and cheek piercings where one's dimple's might be. He was also covered in tattoos; Almost every piece of skin that was visible depicted beautiful and strange artwork. I kept peeking, trying to see as many pieces as I could. Anyway, I am human and I automatically "judge" or assume someone's personality before I even talk to them. (It's also fun to see that I'm completely wrong when I imagined this new character I've met.) I was having trouble figuring him out because he was very precise and hardly talked. I thought, "Gah! I hate when dudes that act like they have better things to do." (I'm a freaking talker; I admit. I am not ashamed.) I started to feel awkward.

Once he got everything ready, he explained the procedure and what to expect. His personality changed instantly and he became the sweetest person. (Well, it didn't "change." I simply saw him as who he really was.) When my body jerked forward the second the needle passed through my lip, he gently pushed me back down and said, "Relax, hon... I need you to hold still." I almost smiled! I STILL tell people about the dude covered in skull tattoos repeatedly saying, "sweetie" and "hon." It was awesome. That's MY way of telling others that the ones we often perceive as "freaky" (many girls I know think they are creepy.) are really often nicer than the 'lil old ladies or church-goers.

Okay. I'm going on, but I began watching videos and reading about "Zombie Boy" since reading this thread. I got a bit obsessed by the end of the night. There's something really awesome about seeing a walking zombie, talking gently and puffing on a cigarette.

Misanthropik puts a lot of thought into things. He is a creator and an artist by nature. He feels one way, others see him another way. This modification he's talking about is a manifestation of his feelings; Show how he feels. I can respect an individuals need to express themselves.

Miso, it'll make your photo ops that much more interesting when you're famous and signing your books. (and then promoting your movies.)

"Can I have your autograph?"

"Of course."

"Can... I get a picture with you?"

"By all means."

You take off your hat and the teenager holds his fingers above his forehead, forming his own horns. He is imitating his favorite celebrity. His smile is huge! That was the most down-to-Earth author/actor/director he'd ever met.

Misanthropik, you'd be the most well-spoken demon look-alike the world will ever behold Bowing

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
05-05-2013, 05:37 AM
(04-05-2013 06:33 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  You can be dismissive of a 'cranky old codger', but that is the easy, lazy response.

I'm responding from a vantage of concern and experience.
Consider the possibility that your thoughts are obsessive and unhealthy.

I'm not being dismissive at all, Chas. To quote: "I respect your view(s) and take what you and others say, have said, or might say into consideration,". I am aware of your perspective and the motives behind what you say. But within those motives are clear biases, and I take those, too, into consideration. Acknowledging your biases does not mean I'm throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

As for unhealthy obsession, I am considering that as well. As I said, I'm not going to butcher my body on a whim. I'm thinking things through. I'm contemplating my motives and my goals. I'm researching what is involved in the lengthy process I envision, and I'm deciding whether or not I want to be a demonic humanoid for the rest of my life. While many of the alterations would be easy to conceal if necessary; they will be a part of me unless I endeavor to have them surgically reversed. (Nothing I've proposed here is permanent; despite what some have said) This isn't just a demented game of dress-up. This is the total replacement of a physical identity. It demands lengthy consideration and weighing of the pros and cons.

With that said, even if it transpires that it is just an unhealthy result of a disturbed mind: so what? Sitting down and having a good cry with a therapist is not a required remedy for such an ailment. If people choose, instead, to make their ears a little more pointed than before and stick some horns to their head; there is nothing wrong with that. A depressed woman going out to get a makeover is a bodily transformation, and yet nobody gets upset about it. Nobody tells her she's dealing with her psychological issues in an unhealthy way. Nobody tells an unhappy man that he's acting irrationally when he seeks to improve himself by shredding his muscle fibers in the interest of making them grow larger and stronger. These are extensive, sometimes injurious bodily transformations undertaken for psychological reasons. But again, nobody gets upset.

It's only when a transformation deviates from what is considered "normal" that people decide they've gone off the deep end. When Bob starts lifting weights to feel like he's 20 again; everyone wishes him the best. When Miso wants to point his ears or split his tongue; well he's got a serious disorder which requires immediate psychiatric intervention.

Fucking hell, man. Dodgy

Seriously? Equating a makeover, weight liftng, or weight loss with a surgical procedure?

Tell me again that you are thinking rationally. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-05-2013, 03:55 PM
(05-05-2013 05:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 06:33 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm not being dismissive at all, Chas. To quote: "I respect your view(s) and take what you and others say, have said, or might say into consideration,". I am aware of your perspective and the motives behind what you say. But within those motives are clear biases, and I take those, too, into consideration. Acknowledging your biases does not mean I'm throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Fucking hell, man. Dodgy

Seriously? Equating a makeover, weight liftng, or weight loss with a surgical procedure?

Tell me again that you are thinking rationally. Drinking Beverage

They're all forms of body modification, Chas. There truly is no difference outside of the procedures themselves. And they're done for personal, psychological reasons. Yet somehow, you believe those to be just fine, while you believe mine to be unhealthy.

Please explain to me the details of why my method is unfavorable. Of why it is "unhealthy".

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
05-05-2013, 04:04 PM
(05-05-2013 03:55 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  They're all forms of body modification, Chas. There truly is no difference outside of the procedures themselves. And they're done for personal, psychological reasons. Yet somehow, you believe those to be just fine, while you believe mine to be unhealthy.

Please explain to me the details of why my method is unfavorable. Of why it is "unhealthy".

I'm gonna guess and say it's because a haircut is more socially acceptable.

But that's cultural and what's acceptable changes.

And like I said before, another important factor is whether or not you care what the neighbors think (and if you think your job choices will be affected).
05-05-2013, 05:59 PM
(05-05-2013 04:04 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 03:55 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  They're all forms of body modification, Chas. There truly is no difference outside of the procedures themselves. And they're done for personal, psychological reasons. Yet somehow, you believe those to be just fine, while you believe mine to be unhealthy.

I'm gonna guess and say it's because a haircut is more socially acceptable.

But that's cultural and what's acceptable changes.

And like I said before, another important factor is whether or not you care what the neighbors think (and if you think your job choices will be affected).

And I'm going to call bullshit.

Surgical procedures are not haircuts or weight loss or body building.

This is not a social construct, this is the difference between surgical, permanent alteration and natural function.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-05-2013, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 06:10 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
Like Girly posted - it's gonna get strange looks on one side of the world.

Other sides, you're not doing enough. Big Grin

EDIT: Instead of making this transformation a private matter, you chose to post it here.

Exhibitionist much? Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
05-05-2013, 07:06 PM
I didn't read any of this thread beyond this point:
Quote:When I sat down in that medical chair; watching my piercer, Aaron, sterilize his tools and unpacking his needles, I felt something which is only felt at certain intervals in an individual's life. I felt a sense of power. There was to be pain involved, yes, but I was consciously choosing to endure it, and that gave me power.

After that, I saw some words to the effect of, "transforming the body la la la..." and then saw some interesting and colorful National Geographic ritual pics. Then I think I saw someone saying something like socially acceptable; I'm thinking neither of those are related unless someone's tried to make them appear so. They each have their own separate social structure. And then there's the guy with the all over tattoo who is also a model for a coverup makeup.

So, I'm not exactly certain what "surgical procedure" is being discussed but I can say that it is probably more about the two sentences I quoted than anything else. Coincidentally, so are the National Geographic pics... as are the "socially acceptable" ideas being discussed. All these ideas center around the notion of being in control; complete control of a surrounding environment's perception of the self and control of one's own self empowerment. Essentially: I have power over me and my sense of self, possibly even enough to fuck with your sense of self.

The tattoo guy is a model for that one thing and most likely the first of his kind. I don't know if the hypothetical second tattoo guy will bring in his salary without having to skydive into a swimming pool for the nearest stereo shop's grand opening, because the data is not in at this time. However, I too suspect the first guy's initial tatt came about with similar notions of control and empowerment. The hypothetical second guy's sense of self empowerment may not be under such scrutiny at decision making time. Some people do shit for love while others do shit for love of money and try to make out like it's the same.

I suppose I am able to go so far as to call this all a personal vision and/or empowerment, but it's not really up to me to self actualize for someone else. I would advise that any "surgical procedure" that is body invasive or body altering can cause other health issues. These issues may in turn completely fuck with any notions of self empowerment and ultimately with one's sense of self. This would be my main concern - health and wellbeing - physically and mentally.

That said, I DO strongly advise that if any "surgical procedure" is to be performed, make damn sure that an accredited, fully certified, licensed anesthesiologist is in charge and that no post op anti-nausea or paralytic injections be allowed. Check and recheck references of the surgeon and surgeon's assistants.

Have fun and if shit happens other than what I've personally cautioned about; no whining. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein