Becoming an atheist also introduced me to pen and paper RPGs!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: Becoming an atheist also introduced me to pen and paper RPGs!
Heh no worries Big Grin

Want me to update the zombie game so you can try it with someone? I might remove the maps because as the game was running not only was it difficult to follow up in what buildings you already were (on the city map) but also I think it adds a bit of a kick when you don't have a map but the GM can tell you where you are etc.
I'll read yours and see how well I can adapt the zombie game to your style, I like your style much more. And Malleus and I were talking about how to improve it for hours. Like add a second monster type, add a twist in the characters. things like that. just need some input I think.

Maybe I can just start a local group once I know this language... That would be awesome Smile

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2012, 04:07 AM
hahaha, I just read the Futurama Corebook and had a few laughs on those character sheets Big Grin
Like Zoidberg and Farnsworth have the skill "fast talk" and everyone else in the team has the skill "resist fast talk" - Wonderful Big Grin
And the other thing Big Grin For every Character they have a good amount of explanation about the character and skills etc. And then comes Scruffy and all his description says is "He is the janitor" Big Grin Big Grin

21-09-2012, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 10:35 PM by Phaedrus.)
I have a friend who is big -- REALLY big -- into RPGs. So much so that he designed his own system from the ground up: d100 Modern Tactical Gaming System (or d100 MTGS) and created his own world (it started as a dark parody of World of Darkness; then became Revised World of Darkness; then became Bravo Team). d100 MTGS is essentially in a Beta state, almost done. Bravo Team is still heavy Alpha with new features being added and classes being balanced. Regardless of its unfinished nature, it's extremely fun. We're running two campaigns over IRC, one just me and my friend, another with a group of five.

Bravo Team is essentially World of Darkness after it has been dragged down to earth, had its face ground in realism, and then beaten with a 2x4 until all the pretentiousness and cliche has been bled out of it. It's gritty and dark, but with a kernel of hope and optimism. Also it has rules that are less prone to min-maxing, railroading, and Mary Sues.

I've edited together a few sessions from our latest game and edited them for narrative flow (removing die rolls, OOC, annotations, and such). It's 130 pages, but I'll post it if you're interested.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
21-09-2012, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 10:56 PM by Phaedrus.)
Here's the 130 pages anyway. I don't know if this will cause lag or not. Tongue

[edit] Wow I hit a character limit. And only a third of the way through. And the quotes didn't collapse like they're supposed to. I broke the forum!

I'll find another way to post it if you guys want me to.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
22-09-2012, 06:23 AM
send it to me via skype??? or mail? would love to read it

22-09-2012, 07:26 AM
(21-09-2012 04:07 AM)Leela Wrote:  hahaha, I just read the Futurama Corebook and had a few laughs on those character sheets Big Grin
Like Zoidberg and Farnsworth have the skill "fast talk" and everyone else in the team has the skill "resist fast talk" - Wonderful Big Grin
And the other thing Big Grin For every Character they have a good amount of explanation about the character and skills etc. And then comes Scruffy and all his description says is "He is the janitor" Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get to play that before you left.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
22-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Smoosh: If you want I am writing one and we play it on skype

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
22-09-2012, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 10:09 PM by Phaedrus.)
Leela, I don't have your email or Skype. Tongue

DML's a great GM. This campaign's momentum is building nicely, starting from a simple "find out why my daughter is acting weird" job, to a full-on city-wide supernatural gang war. Right now we're in a bit slower bit after a brief peak with an assassination attempt at my character's office, but it's ramping back up for the big fight.

We're currently in a situation where the scale of events is snowballing. He keeps building up the main baddies ("The Savage 33rd" and "The Damned 75th"), so I keep working to bring more forces against them, so he builds them up some more. Currently I'm working on getting two crime syndicates to gang up on the 33rd with my team's help, both with lots of men and lots of resources (including weapons). The team's armory, thanks to some shopping and the failed assassination attempt, is up to this now:

[Image: wi_armory_by_phaedrus2401-d5fpaqq.png]

Oh, also two home-made flamethrowers (vampires are very vulnerable to fire in Bravo Team) and 4lbs of plastic explosive. And a couple bulletproof vests (which, in MTGS+Bravo Team certainly help, but are NOT bullet-"proof"). It's building toward a huge encounter, and there will be another big one soon after probably. I can't wait. Evil_monster

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
23-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Try nWoD. It's my favorite Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what do you think of my ideas for rpgs kunoxian drive 14 260 17-03-2014 02:30 PM
Last Post: kunoxian drive
  Minecraft Atheist Server Maxton 3 230 29-01-2014 03:13 PM
Last Post: Maxton
  Favorite Classic Turn Based RPGs? Dark Light 28 1,397 26-11-2013 07:47 AM
Last Post: Caveman
  Gory Itailian Doom-wad with anti-religious themes + Atheist with computer = Awesome ELK12695 8 450 12-11-2013 12:38 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Pen + Paper Gaming Likos02 5 294 29-04-2013 09:09 PM
Last Post: Likos02
  Atheist Minecraft server? Mizzory 21 2,332 07-11-2012 04:21 PM
Last Post: Magoo
  The Thinking Atheist Mafia Recruitment! Unbeliever 7 1,064 07-05-2010 12:19 PM
Last Post: Unbeliever