Becoming better at debates

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Becoming better at debates
Hi all, I'm a fairly new atheist and love to debate things, but I have yet to argue with a theist about theism (until this). So I created a debat on debates.org and had, what I thought, to be a great debate. I have nothing to go off of, and since nobody has voted on it either way, could you please take a look at my arguments and my opponents, tell me what was good and not so good. Any tips are welcome, thank you.Smile

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. -Laurence J. Peter
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2013, 03:15 AM
RE: Becoming better at debates
Totaly forgot to post the link OopsFrusty. Here it is:
http://www.debate.org/debates/The-Bible-...orality/1/

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. -Laurence J. Peter
12-07-2013, 04:42 AM
Bravo!
Clap

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
12-07-2013, 05:10 AM
I am so sorry that our dear old fundamental theist member is no longer here with us, otherwise I would just send him here and then he you could train all you want. I'm talking about Egor, for older members, you know, the one you all wanted out. Well, there you go, he is not here and now he is missed for good scientific reasons.

Anyway, stay a while and listen, there is much to learn here.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-07-2013, 06:25 AM
(10-07-2013 03:15 AM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  Totaly forgot to post the link OopsFrusty. Here it is:
http://www.debate.org/debates/The-Bible-...orality/1/

You're not doing too bad here, but I have noticed some things.

If I were you, I'd attack the "planning" on a greater scale. Push gods omniscience to the logical conclusion that god would have, without a doubt, known absolutely everything; all your actions, long before you were even created, before the universe even, as a consequence of having infinite knowledge.

Oh, and be a bit more through spell-checking. That's one thing I noticed. (but we all get those issues.)

Keep up the good work.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-07-2013, 06:29 AM
(12-07-2013 05:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  I am so sorry that our dear old fundamental theist member is no longer here with us, otherwise I would just send him here and then he you could train all you want. I'm talking about Egor, for older members, you know, the one you all wanted out. Well, there you go, he is not here and now he is missed for good scientific reasons.

Anyway, stay a while and listen, there is much to learn here.

I certainly don't miss that hateful son of a bitch.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]