Bedtime Ramblings
A thread for before bed ramblings.

To sleep or not to sleep
That is the question.

I'm kind of sort of tired
But kind of sort of not.

I'm still getting used to living in the country
And not in the city.

I like the stars but miss the city lights.

I wish i had French fries loaded with ketchup
Then I could sleep Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
30-03-2016, 12:17 AM
RE: Bedtime Ramblings
Work followed me home tonight, and took entirely too long to get through. Finally done, so I can get too little sleep before I go back to work.

Family was a joy to see for the fleeting time it was, except for the fight with the five yr old.

Color me exhausted. Goodnight.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
31-03-2016, 12:03 AM
------
31-03-2016, 12:37 PM
(29-03-2016 11:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  A thread for before bed ramblings.

To sleep or not to sleep
That is the question. [...]

That's the question for me too Ms Bee. Huh

I suffer from N-24 (Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder) which means my circadian rhythm is not set at a 24 hour cycle—in my case it's around 28 hours. This means my sleep onset time advances each day by 4 hours, so today I'll go to bed around 7:30AM but tomorrow it'll be more like 11:30AM, and the day after that it'll be 3:30PM.

Which explains why I'm often here at 3 or 4 in the mornings, but also 3 or 4 in the afternoons.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
31-03-2016, 12:56 PM
(31-03-2016 12:37 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(29-03-2016 11:59 PM)jennybee Wrote:  A thread for before bed ramblings.

To sleep or not to sleep
That is the question. [...]

That's the question for me too Ms Bee. Huh

I suffer from N-24 (Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder) which means my circadian rhythm is not set at a 24 hour cycle—in my case it's around 28 hours. This means my sleep onset time advances each day by 4 hours, so today I'll go to bed around 7:30AM but tomorrow it'll be more like 11:30AM, and the day after that it'll be 3:30PM.

Which explains why I'm often here at 3 or 4 in the mornings, but also 3 or 4 in the afternoons.

*hugs*

What do you do to try and get some sleep when you are able to?

Me personally, I just don't like to sleep, I much rather be awake doing things. I need sleep though, I'm not one of those people who can sleep for three hours and feel rested.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-03-2016, 01:23 PM
(31-03-2016 12:56 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs*

What do you do to try and get some sleep when you are able to?

Me personally, I just don't like to sleep, I much rather be awake doing things. I need sleep though, I'm not one of those people who can sleep for three hours and feel rested.

Sometimes I can drop off to sleep within a couple of minutes of my head hitting the pillow; other times it can take a couple of hours. Even after staying up for (occasionally) 20+ hours, I don't feel at all tired. And even after sleeping (sometimes) for 15+ or more hours, I don't feel at all refreshed on awakening.

I've tried all sorts of prescription medication, natural herbs, light therapy, acupuncture, psychologists, had a sleep study, a change of diet, relaxation CDs etc all to no avail. Luckily I'm retired, so I'm of an age that I don't have to worry about a 9 to 5 job, or school.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
31-03-2016, 01:31 PM
... Eish SYZ, that sounds like an interesting disorder at least. How the heck do you end up with a circadian rhythm like that?

I'm currently thinking about heading... for the bedding... I've gotta be up at 4:30 am tomorrow... So I've currently got about 6.5 hours sleep possible... Should be good Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Bedtime Ramblings
Can you put on a low-lumen light and an app (mobile or PC) that has city sounds?
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
31-03-2016, 05:09 PM
(31-03-2016 05:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can you put on a low-lumen light and an app (mobile or PC) that has city sounds?

I could, but I want to get used to sleeping in the country. I go backpacking and sleep outdoors but by the end of a long hike I'm Sleepy so the no sounds of the city don't bother me. But when I am just having regular days of work/home etc. then I am more aware of having the no extra city sounds. But I kind of like the peace and quiet and just need to get used to it. Sometimes I can hear the coyotes howling at night on a nearby mountain which I like Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
31-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Vibrate? Or to not vibrate? That is the question.
Be it a choice of personal nature or one of utter conveinience, the spirit cumeth to either siren's beckon.

Open thine nest to the wonders the AA world hath provided and sieze thee attachments provided.
The Southern bean cries out for attention.
Whether it utilizes the digits, or the battery operated somber hum of content, the field being sown will bear thine fruit of the audible approval.....

Now get to work.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post