Bee sting venom destroys HIV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2013, 08:48 PM

Gel could be developed from chemical to destroy deadly virus
Quote:Doctors have sensationally claimed chemicals found in bee stings could help prevent the spread of HIV. Toxins in the insects' venom can destroy the virus and leave surrounding cells unharmed, it has been found. Scientists are excited by the find and believe it could be an important step towards developing a gel to stem the rampant spread of HIV, which causes Aids. The bees' chemical, melittin, destroys the HIV virus by puncturing its protective outer layer. Scientists inserted the toxin into tiny nanoparticles, which are fitted with special 'bumpers' so they can bounce off normal cells.
Full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...claim.html

Now, if you want to have safe sex, make a bee to sting your private parts No

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
15-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Hmmm, why did they feel compelled to refer to it as a "vaginal gel"? They do know everyone will be using it, not just the heterosexuals. Maybe I'm reading too much into their choice of words...
Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Re: Bee sting venom destroys HIV
Daily Mail, Daily Fail. Junk, probably untrue or greatly exaggerated.
15-03-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Bee sting venom destroys HIV
(15-03-2013 09:10 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Daily Mail, Daily Fail. Junk, probably untrue or greatly exaggerated.
No!
It was on fox news too!!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

15-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Fucking sweet! Good thing we have an unlimited supply of bees!

........................never mind Sad

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
16-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Hey, HIV-free sex is a great motivator for researching colony collapse disorder.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
18-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Well, it seems this is true. Another, better explained article about bees and HIV:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/visual...UfOdVuSjop

Quote: The antiviral therapy has implications for areas rampant with HIV, to be used by women in a vaginal preventative gel that prevents the initial infection. Treatments could also be developed for drug-resistant HIV infections, to be delivered intravenously and potentially clear the blood of the infection. There is also the possibility for this treatment being useful for couples in which one member is HIV-positive but who want to have a baby together.
Again, they only mention the possibilities as a "vaginal gel". I guess is more politically correct to say "vaginal gel" than "anal sex".

Anyway, this is good news.