Been a while.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Been a while.
For those of you that know me it's been a while. I've finally separated from the military on the 22nd of January and due to the circumstances it was understood lastly that it would be a dishonorable discharge. Turns out my wing commander looked out for me and gave me an honorable discharge due to the circumstances. So as far as work I am self employed running my furniture business and doing landscaping and snow removal for my father in laws company. It's a little tighter than my military lifestyle but once my disability as well as my school pay kicks in I'll be in very good standing.

Now since I've been back in civilian world...its very weird. Seeing as I came into the military fresh out of high school at 18 I really never got to experience the civilian side of adulthood(if that makes sense). So if you have been paying attention to the weather we recently got a big blizzard back on the 22nd of January. So right before that storm was a smaller one on the 20th. During that storm while out plowing I found a guy who was all but dead and watched him die. Now as it stands I was following my father in law to a location and as I changed lanes we found this guy in the road. I pulled over and halted traffic and a cop comes up after we watch this man fade away and pronounces him dead on the scene. Guess who got blamed for it......my father in law simple because we were the ones who stopped. So I barely am able to talk the cops down for arresting him and they just impound his truck instead for testing. Test came back as nothing so he's gotten the vehicle back already which all but tells nothing is going to come of this.

So on top of dealing with how I felt about this transition(which I really didn't get to deal with yet) I had that going on. Along with the whole financial adjustment stress. I don't know how I haven't blown my brains out yet but I sure do think about it a ton. Don't worry though folks I couldn't do that to my wife...she's been through enough as it is. Just a lot to deal with is all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like MrKrispy601's post
11-02-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Been a while.
I'm sorry you are still struggling Hug And I'm sorry about that man. How awful Undecided it was nice of you to stop though and try and help, it shows what kind of person you are.

I'm glad you are not thinking of doing anything to yourself. Have you had any luck finding a new therapist, someone who can help you so you don't have to feel this way?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-02-2016, 10:11 PM
(11-02-2016 10:08 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm sorry you are still struggling Hug And I'm sorry about that man. How awful Undecided it was nice of you to stop though and try and help, it shows what kind of person you are.

I'm glad you are not thinking of doing anything to yourself. Have you had any luck finding a new therapist, someone who can help you so you don't have to feel this way?

No. I actually was making a ton of progress with my last military therapist. Who know maybe if I had her in the first place I wouldn't be this bad. I'm kinda just wanting to figure myself out now. I read a ton now. Getting back into my old hobbies(Saxophone and Golf) just trying to be normal.
[+] 3 users Like MrKrispy601's post
12-02-2016, 02:45 AM
Hang in there mate. You'll be right.

Good luck.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-02-2016, 05:41 AM
It is a weird feeling getting out..... I still have dreams from time to time, that I'm in uniform and having to report to work... (usually with hair waaaayy too long....)

and that's been 30 years ago....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-02-2016, 06:12 AM
Very cool that you got an honorable discharge. Shows that even though policy sucks, there are some people who understood. Thumbsup

Watching people die sucks big time. You had a streak of really bad luck there. Odds are though that it won't happen anymore, many people go through their entire life and it never happens.

Glad therapy worked. It takes most people a while to adjust back to civilian life. Great that you are working and will be financially sane. Things are looking up, yay! Shy

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Hug

Hope your F.i.L. gets their vehicle back soon.

Is there an option for getting compensated for loss of income while vehicle was impounded? Or would the fees used seeking such not make it worth it?